Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Mirror's Edge - Playstation 3 forum

Will this game be infect with DRM as well?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 19, 2008, 9:30:32 AM PDT
I've been looking forward to this game for months, and I thought it was coming out from a different company. But, now that I've noticed it's from EA, does anyone know if they'll be shipping it infected with DRM like Spore and Sims 3 will be?

If so, that sucks. I really wanted to play this. But at least there's that new WoW expansion coming out the same week that won't be DRM infected. That's always something to look forward to.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2008, 5:52:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2008, 5:55:03 AM PDT
Harry says:
I'm affraid this great looking title will be just "Another Rental"
shipped with EA draconian malware/spyware program called Securom and it seems it will also bring you limited installs!

Time will tell but I'm not raising my hopes to much.

Shame for the developers though, I love to have bought this game in the store, yet it's EA policy, so I'll stay away

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2008, 5:04:04 PM PDT
Y. Chen says:
Ya I was gonna pre-order this from GAmestop so I can get the yellow messenger bag...but then I realized it's from EA.....DRM >.<
They won't take it off just because people hate it..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008, 7:19:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2008, 10:43:37 AM PDT
J. Radley says:
No way am I buying a rental game.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2008, 12:56:40 PM PDT
J. Keener says:
yes it will. 5 installs of securom goodness...

**In the case of Red Alert 3 (and all PC titles coming out of EA), we will use SecuROM**

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=430797&start=0&tstart=0

enjoy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008, 4:00:04 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 31, 2009, 10:27:52 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2008, 5:02:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2008, 5:03:26 AM PST
Dave says:
J. Keener wrote:
> http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=430797&start=0&tstart=0

Wow, it's a regular love fest for SecuROM on EA's forums. Although it does make one wonder how many of the posters are really EA employees in disguise... it just seems a little too happy over there.

Personally I'd rather be required to put the disk in the drive, and not have to worry about SecuROM and limited activations. But then, I'm crazy like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2008, 7:06:00 AM PST
HazMatte says:
I hope EA is listening. I'd REALLY REALLY like to give them my money for their products...if they would only stop treating the paying customer like a criminal. The people pirating this game aren't buying the version embedded with their malware...Dead Space is available via torrent with secuROM removed. So EA has posed us with two options...$46.99 for malware that imposes on my system....or a free torrent download without it. That's a tough one. But I'd REALLY REALLY like to give them my money for their products. It just isn't happening until they wake up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008, 8:26:05 AM PST
Alex says:
Agree 100%. I will never buy a DRM infected game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2008, 7:53:29 PM PST
The fact that there is copy protection does not bother me. What bothers me is the fact that SecuRom remains on your rig after the game is uninstalled. And totally deleting it damn near requires a doctorate in computer science.

The company that makes SecuRom, on their website makes some comment about leaving the certificate or some such blather.

Frankly, my computer is mine - I bought it. I don't want some company who I don't know and don't want to know, controlling it; which is what the company is doing when they make it so difficult to delete it. As a result, any company, such as EA using SecuRom or any software like it has lost my business upfront. Assuming, of course, I can find out that the crap is there before I buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2009, 11:16:42 AM PST
Well Fortunately, Steam will also be providing the game without SecuROM.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2009, 9:26:24 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 2, 2011, 8:42:29 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2009, 12:00:28 PM PST
Oh snap I forgot about that drm stuff. That is the sole reason I did not buy battlefield 2142. I played the demo of that game and loved it. This game looks great but I will wait to see if it has drm. The only way to make a real change is with the wallet. If you buy this and it has drm EA will just keep doing it...I think this issue could be this games death kneel. That would be sad through because I admit to being drawn to the fact that a minority is the star, and not some square anime euroasian dude that looks like a laddy. ba...ba ba dude looks like a laddy! Ok I'll stop (^_^) for now...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Aug 19, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 13, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Mirror's Edge - Playstation 3
Mirror's Edge - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.9 out of 5 stars (153)