Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on December 11, 2006
At the time of writing this book, the author was taking a punt on an impending marriage between the subjects, Prince William and Kate Middleton. Seasoned royal watchers would know that a book of this kind is unusual in that there has been no engagement announcement. Regardless, the title is a misnomer since only around 10% of the books 250 odd pages relate to the relationship! The rest is a rehash of old ground. The author tops and tails each chapter with a Kate and William sum-up and then proceeds to write about Charles and Camilla or Charles and Diana. There are a few snippets in the book about the W & K relationship, but not enough to sustain a whole book. Only for the real British royal fanatics. Wait until there is a marriage before writing another book, Mr Jobson and then you may have some material to work with.
on February 4, 2011
I was all excited to read this. I discovered, to my dismay, that Mr. Jobson is so excited with the idea that he has finally gotten a bit closer to royalty than he was before, that he is too scattered in his writing. He spends an inordinate time talking about Diana and Charles. There is minimal time spent on William's childhood. I got 2/3 of the way through and STILL hadn't seen more than a small chapter on the subjects of the book.

My royal collection is extensive, and I have read each book in the collection, so I feel reasonably assured in my comments about this book. It is, frankly, not the best there is. I would not recommend it to anyone.
Sorry. (I have probably 250-300 books in the collection and there has been only 1 other that was bad, and I threw it out.)
on October 8, 2013
More rehash and unqualified guesses. The Royals release what they want and nothing more. We've heard all this many times before
on November 22, 2006
I had mixed feelings before I bought the book, and I still have mixed feelings after reading the book! The book itself was well written, (although in the first couple of chapters the author focused more on Charles and Camilia), it left me wanting to ask the author quite a number of questions!

The type of questions I would ask Mr. Jobson would be for an example: "Why would you write a book when Prince William and Kate Middleton are not even engaged yet?" or "Just how reliable are you're 'sources'?"

I will say this about the author, Mr. Jobson has a lot of courage to write a book before Prince William and Ms. Middleton are even married, and he is also taking a chance, as well as possible risking his career, that he will eventually be proven right (or wrong)about his predications.