|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Save $1.00 (13%)
Price set by seller.
Willow Springs: A Destiny Novel (Destiny series Book 5) Kindle Edition
|Length: 389 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $12.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Book 5 of 6 in Destiny Series (6 Book Series)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Logan is a Destiny firefighter and Amy's childhood friend. He had recently experienced a traumatic fire where he lost friends and he is recovering from the fallout. When the story starts Amy snaps him out of his funk and he kisses her but immediately blames it on the alcohol.
So...I really didn't like this story and I'm a Toni Blake fan. There were so many elements that didn't work for for me.
1. Amy and Logan have been very close friends since childhood and their newfound attraction doesn't seem likely to me because they've known each other for SO many years and never saw each other that way at all. They were next door neighbors and played together as kids, with no break in their friendship over all that time. I can't imagine that having known each other so young they wouldn't have fallen prey to the Westermarck effect. I'm not a fan of the fact that all of a sudden Amy developed all of these deep sexual and emotional feelings for Logan after one drunken semi-kiss.
2. Amy's situation sems very contrived to me. She is described as being pretty and fit. She seems to have a very modest sense of style but I can't really imagine that no one has asked her out on a date in a decade plus just because she doesn't wear sexy clothes. She is a lonely romantic but she isn't really shy. She has quite a few friends, her own business, and ties to her community so I can't imagine that she hadn't been getting some offers intermittently.Read more ›
I love this series and I was really excited to read Amy's happily ever after. This book was next to impossible to set down and at about 2 am last night/this morning I had a 15 minute debate with myself about whether or not I should stay up all night and finish reading. Finally, the fact that I had family portraits today won out, after deciding red, puffy and tired eyes wouldn't look good, I had to set it aside. But even after I went to bed, I couldn't get Amy and Logan out of my head.
Logan is a bit of an ass and I at times I wanted to jump through the pages and punch him in the nose, or the crotch. He could be so sweet and caring one minute, then a clueless, spineless, jackass the next. It was frustrating. The character of Anna was also a source of anxiety for me. I really tried to sympathize, to empathize with her, but I really couldn't. She was selfish and self-centered and I wanted her to go back from whence she came! I could have done without her interference in this story, and only at the very end did I ever get even the mildest of lukewarm feelings for her. I am guessing she will be starring in her own Destiny novel one day soon, I am sure Ms. Blake will make me like her then.Read more ›
A fireman is all Logan had ever wanted to be, but after a tragedy on the job, he is rethinking his career choice. After a month of depression, Logan is finally getting better - thanks to Amy. She never gave up on him. Logan is beginning to notice Amy in a different way. Somehow, when he was not looking, Freckles had blossomed. Logan probably would have continued to look differently at Amy if things in town had remained the same as always. Instead, Anna Romo shows up in town. Anna is the little sister of his best friend, Mike. She had been abducted at the age of five. Now, after twenty-five years missing, Anna has returned. And she is knock-out hot!
Feeling unable to compete with Anna's beauty, Amy is left in the shadows. Knowing she must do something or forever regret it, Amy decides to become Logan's secret admirer, sending him sensual love letters. The steamy letters do manage to capture his attention, but unless something happens soon, Amy will lose her heart's desire to Anna and have no one but her cats to love.
* ONE STAR! I have always enjoyed stories by Toni Blake. This is the first time that I feel let down. I cannot help but find it too hard to believe that no one had ever thought of Amy as a potential girlfriend. She was pretty, inside and out.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the first book written by Toni Blake that I have read, and I am thrilled to say that it will not be the last one! Read morePublished 3 months ago by pat
Interesting but I liked her first 4 books in this series a bit better. Do like Blake though and will continue to read all her booksPublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
After reading the previous four books in the series, I was really surprised by how utterly annoyed I was by this one. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
It saddens me that I felt this book was a serious downturn for the Destiny series. Besides the key women in the series, I wasn't a fan of most of the characters. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Cheri
While Toni Blake continued to create characters with a lot of depth that are easy to relate to, I didn't enjoy this read as much as her previous Destiny books. Read morePublished 17 months ago by romancereader
4 stars for the book, author & series
4 stars for the seller
This is the second Destiny series novel I've read and it is just as good as the first. Again it seems like you are right there in the story when you read it. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Amazon Customer
I'm disappointed with this book. As a big Jane Austen fan, I was looking forward to Amy's story. Her character has been portrayed as a JA enthusiast in other books of this series -... Read morePublished on March 25, 2014 by hrhtjm
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary