Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,954 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,314 reviews
on October 8, 2013
I couldn't resist buying this 40th ann. collector's edition when it was on sale for 24.99, so I got on Amazon and ordered it. I have always loved this movie, and the Blu-Ray makes a good movie even greater! The picture quality is amazing for a 40+ year old film. The special features are not hi-def, and that makes you appreciate the restoration process that more for the actual movie! Speaking of the features, they could have been longer and in more detail, but at least we get something. Interviews with the Wonka Kids, The director, screenwriter, producers, and even vintage footage of behind the scenes material. There's even a segment where the music people are playing and singing at a piano, testing the songs out. I haven't listened to the commentary yet by the 5 Wonka kids, but I'm sure it's informative and a blast to listen to. Besides the features on the discs, we also get a making of booklet, several pages of Wonka production correspondence in a nice envelope, and a retro style tin case holding pencils and an eraser. The pencils are scratch-n-sniff, and the eraser smells somewhat like chocolate. Since they are collectable items, I will never actually use them, of course. The whole package is nice, inside a wonder foil case that is limited. I got 68,400 of 100,000. Overall, if you like the movie, and are a hardcore collector of film like I am, I recommend you getting this 3 disc collector's edition. If you don't want all the extra stuff, then at least get the stand alone Blu-Ray. Quality is "scrumdidlylicious"!
on March 10, 2017
A fun movie with the late Gene Wilder. He opens his chocolate factory to the lucky finder of a golden ticket and the main child in the story, Charlie Bucket and his Grandpa Joe win the last ticket. He joins the group of five children and 1 guest each on a tour. Crazy things happen throughout the story.
on March 29, 2016
This is so much better a version than the insipid Mr Wonka played by Johnny Depp. Gene Wilder is a little twisted and sarcastic and the Oompa Loompas are great. This is a slightly demented character, but the kids don't really seem to realize that as much and the parents can enjoy the dry humor.
on June 10, 2017
THIS IS THE ORIGINAL MADE IN COLOR, IT IS VERY WELL DONE AND THE MOVIE IS GREAT,
WATCHING THE MOVIE, YOU CAN KIND OF SEE HOW THINGS WERE BACK IN THAT TIME PERIOD
IF YOU WATCH THIS MOVIE AND ENJOY IT AND END UP WITH MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
. YOU MIGHT WANT TO WATCH CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY WITH JOHNNY DEPP,
YOU WILL SEE HOW SOME OF THE SCENES WERE MADE AND YOU JUST MIGHT SEE SOME NEW THINGS AND
AN UPDATED VERSION, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTING, JOHNNY DEPP, MAKES THE MOVIE
EVEN FUNNIER AND THERE IS A EXTENDED ENDING, WATCH THEM BACK TO BACK!!!
on March 7, 2017
Way better than the remake. And by way better, I mean that there's no competition. Johnny Depp is a great actor but it's kind of insulting to have anyone portray a part that Gene Wilder mastered.
on May 22, 2017
The best film version of the book. I mean it's Gene Wilder, no disrespect to Johnny Depp; but what was that? Not Willy Wonka, I can tell you that much.
on May 10, 2017
This original movie version is still my favorite. He characters are memorable and of course, Gene Wilder is brilliant as Willy Wonka! This a great addition to the home collection; my family and friends never tire of it. (Although it's often on cable, owning a copy makes it available ANY time!)
on January 13, 2017
Its a classic! What can I say?! This movie came out when my kids were kids. I loved it then and love it still. Its a quirky story with great moral fiber and a lot of old fashioned silliness. :0)
While I know they did a remake of this time honored classic that one pales in comparison to this wonderful movie. I have a special place for this kind of movie not only because it's very good but it's also one of those classic mix of movie/singing films that was done extremely well. The acting from everyone in the film was perfect for their roles especially for the children actors/actresses and of course Gene Wilder was great as Willy Wonka. So for fans who saw this movie either at the theater or t.v. now we have it on dvd to keep in our movie library for us and the younger generation to enjoy whenever they wish to watch this enjoyable movie....
on June 22, 2017
I WATCHED WILLY WONKA AND I LOVED IT. IT TOOK BACK TO WHEN I SAW IT FOR THE FIRST TIME. GENE WILDER ALWAYS HAD A SPARKLE IN HIS EYES. I REALLY ENJOYED THE MOVIE. I FOUND THIS TO BE A DELIGHTFUL WONDERFUL MOVIE.