Wilson NCAA Replica Game Basketball
|Price:||$20.83 - $75.59|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Wilson is the official basketball of the NCAA Championships and March Madness
- Patented laid-in channels deliver unmatched gripability and ball control
- Cushion Core Technology offers an exceptional feel and more consistent bounce
- Designed for Indoor and Outdoor Play
- Replica of the NCAA Official Game Basketball
- A favorite of competitive players everywhere
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
The Official Basketball of NCAA March Madness
Wilson Basketball is an institution on the court, the name is synonymous with authenticity, dependability, and innovation. With a standing partnership forged in the 90’s, Wilson has been the only ball to grace the hardwoods of the NCAA Championship for over 20 years. Today, Wilson and the NCAA are building up the game – offering a full range of products for every enthusiast. Basketball is year-round, living beyond spotlighted moments. It’s #MoreThanMarch.
Whether you’re playing in The Final Four or lunchtime pick-up, the ball matters. The NCAA Replica Game Basketball delivers superior durability for countless hours in the gym, but also exceptional grip, so you can get that crossover just right
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First thing out of the box you'll notice is that the ball isn't anywhere near as orange as the pictures make them out to be. It's a orange with a dark pink hue. If you held the Evolution/Solution/TF1000 next to it you'd see the major difference. The ball has decent grip (great for the price range) and is passable for a game ball. If you're not playing much hoops and/or aren't going to take it very seriously, this ball is best for 95% of players out there. The ball is nowhere near as soft of spongy as the Evolution, which is a potential plus in competitive games where a form shooter will outplay someone who relies on touch to shoot. It feels more like a regular leather ball than a composite in the shooting motion.
Things I don't necessarily enjoy about the ball:
1) It had an odd bounce, especially the first few months of using it. I had a really hard time handling the ball in games until I got it down. While I may not be a slasher, I mastered the moves I practiced for years (single step crossover, through and behind dribble-to-drive, etc) but this ball wasn't going exactly where I was bouncing it, resulting in sloppy handling. Switch to an Evolution and I look like a competent ball handler.
2) It may not hold up to as much game time as I put into it. Looking at the pictures you can see the wear and tear already. That's of only hooping twice a week for 2 hours at a time.
3) This may be a personal nitpick but the grip of the bar-code location is slick as butter during a game. What were they thinking?
All in all, it's a decent ball. I probably wont buy another ball for a while until this really shows its wear. I'll be switching back to the Evolution or Solution when I do.
Things I like about it:
- Decent grip and seems durable (I've had it for a couple months now)
Things I really don't like about it:
- It has a "dead" bounce to it. It sounds flat when it hits the court and I had to overinflate it a bit just to get it to give me some good bounce.
- Every single time anyone grabs this they say "why is this so heavy?" Even other outdoor balls I've played with are pretty noticeably lighter. I'm not sure if it's because of the deep ridges or maybe just the material it's made from.
All in all decent. Probably won't get this a second time around but it works for a casual athlete that doesn't want to sink $50 into a ball.
I've had other balls. I've had the gimmicky balls with pumps built-in. I've had ones specifically designed for outdoor courts. This ball is the best out of the box, and it gets better with use. You can't say the latter about ANY other outdoor ball.
Way overpriced for this quality.