Wilson NCAA Replica Game Basketball
|Price:||$24.50 - $591.85|
- Wilson's #1 Selling Composite Basketball, the Wilson NCAA Replica is a great price for a high quality ball that can be used for both indoor and outdoor play.
- Replica of the NCAA Official Game Ball
- Moisture Absorbing Composite Leather Cover Designed for Indoor/Outdoor Play
- Patented Composite Laid In Channels
- Patented Cushion Core Technology
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
My biggest problem with it is the channels. They transition from the orange panel to the channel so abruptly that it almost makes a corner. So when the ball is sliding against your hand you feel that ridge and it is almost like it is scrapping your skin.
I dislike the channels enough to not recommend this ball.
First thing out of the box you'll notice is that the ball isn't anywhere near as orange as the pictures make them out to be. It's a orange with a dark pink hue. If you held the Evolution/Solution/TF1000 next to it you'd see the major difference. The ball has decent grip (great for the price range) and is passable for a game ball. If you're not playing much hoops and/or aren't going to take it very seriously, this ball is best for 95% of players out there. The ball is nowhere near as soft of spongy as the Evolution, which is a potential plus in competitive games where a form shooter will outplay someone who relies on touch to shoot. It feels more like a regular leather ball than a composite in the shooting motion.
Things I don't necessarily enjoy about the ball:
1) It had an odd bounce, especially the first few months of using it. I had a really hard time handling the ball in games until I got it down. While I may not be a slasher, I mastered the moves I practiced for years (single step crossover, through and behind dribble-to-drive, etc) but this ball wasn't going exactly where I was bouncing it, resulting in sloppy handling. Switch to an Evolution and I look like a competent ball handler.
2) It may not hold up to as much game time as I put into it. Looking at the pictures you can see the wear and tear already. That's of only hooping twice a week for 2 hours at a time.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pretty poor ball. Had it in my car over the winter and it changed shape. Also, the black ridges are sharp(?! Read morePublished 12 days ago by Tyler
Excellent outdoor ball. Been using on concrete outdoor courts for a little over a month almost daily and there's still plenty of life left in it (hours at a time usually). Read morePublished 16 days ago by Low Country Mel
Ball was lopsided immediately, making for weird and inconsistent bounces. There were protrusions along the seams where the leather didn't seem glued on all the way. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Amazon Customer
The ball is very bouncy if you even tap the rim a little you are going to miss. Seems very rubbery. Also the grip on it makes it hard on your shot and catches your fingers leaving... Read morePublished 27 days ago by Amazon Customer
Way better than the NBA ball I got. Wilson's NBA basketballs always have the best grip to them.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great quality outdoor basketball. I play on some dirty courts and this ball has withstood them all. Still has great grip and is the perfect ball. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Michelle
This basketball is the best one I have purchased. People say to get the street but after time the basketball lost its grip in a couple of days. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Alexzandra Morgan