Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 175 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 193 reviews
on March 25, 2014
I wanted to pipe icing onto cupcakes for my niece's birthday, versus simply spreading icing onto the cupcakes. This set includes plastic icing bags and four tips--really only one of these tips was big enough for piping icing in a swirl onto the cupcakes. The other tips are good for decorating, not for piping big swirls. Everything included in this set worked fine, however it is a bit of a misnomer to call this a cupcake decorating set. You can't decorate cupcakes with only the items in this set.

The directions somehow suggest that you could use these tips and bags without the white plastic couplers. I discussed with an experienced friend and she said, no, GET THE COUPLERS. I'm very glad I did--this would have been an icing disaster if I hadn't. Even with the couplers, it was still tricky to cut the bags precisely enough to not have icing come out the sides of the connection point between the bag and the tip. The other "issue" is that you need both the normal size couplers (for three out of the four tips included) and you need a large coupler for the larger tip--and thus larger icing bags. So, in order to pipe icing in a swirl onto my cupcakes, I had to also purchase a large coupler and larger pastry bags. No big deal, but just difficult to know before really getting into it with this kit. Hope this helps!
on August 30, 2011
I reviewed several kits to get the best product for a beginner cupcake decorator who wanted to produce something pretty, but not go too crazy. I really liked the tips that this came with because I was able to create simple, pretty cupcakes on top and also fill them with raspberry filling. I would have liked more bags included in this kit - but the ones it came with were a good medium size and made of a thick plastic that held up through my learning how to squeeze them! Wilton is a good brand and their website is very helpful in learning how to decorate.
on February 23, 2011
This kit is great for beginners! Word of advice...visit the wilton website...it gives you step by step instructions on how to use all their products (including the tips in this kit!) as well as giving GREAT recipes and ideas. Love wilton products, and love that they have such an awesome website!
on August 30, 2012
I first bought a decorating bag and tips years ago and had a very bad experience. The bag was stiff and I seemed to be making a mess instead of decorating. Because of that, I'd been hesitant to buy tips and additional bags. I finally decided to give it a shot and start with this small, inexpensive package. It was even cheaper here than in the stores so definitely a win for me. So far, I've only used two of the tips and it's night and day between this and my previous decorating bag and tips. I decorated a beautiful cake! Of course, I probably paid more attention to frosting consistency and that kind of stuff now but one cannot disregard how easy it is to use the Wilton disposable bags. With my previous non-disposable plastic bag, it got stiff as I said and there was no way to really secure the top of the bag to make the frosting experience better. I guess I could have used rubber bands but it would have been awkward. I have no such problems here!

This is a great beginners kit. It has the very popular 3M tip (who doesn't like a 3M swirl or a 3M rose?)and a versatile round tip. You could decorate beautiful cakes with just those alone.
on February 2, 2014
A 12 piece decorating set is a good set but 8 of the pieces are icing bags so that only gives you 4 tips to use. I thought it was the other way around - 8 tips with 4 bags. I should read the item description slower before I click add to cart. Other than that the set has been lots of fun to use but it does not come with any way to secure the metal tips inside the bags. Normally you get bags, tips & the plastic tools that help screw the tip into place. With this set you do not get the plastic assessor y so it makes it a bit harder to get the bag airtight against the tips.
on April 24, 2012
My teenaged daughter has been baking since she was 10yo and has always had a special interest in cupcakes. I purchased this set for her to practice decorating them on a more "professional" level, and it worked very well for her! The instructions are easy to follow and the set is easy to use. My daughter was able to practice filling pastry bags with frosting, and also able to hone her decorating skills; I had her practice by using pieces of paper with different patterns drawn on them. Now her cupcakes look beautiful and she is getting better with every batch!

I recommend the Wilton 12 Piece Cupcake Decorating Set to anyone with either an interest in learning how to decorate, or an interest in improving their icing and decorating skills!
on September 26, 2016
great product
on July 26, 2013
I just bought a second one of these. The filling tip is hard to locate sometimes and can cost about $4 on its own. I bought this set for $7 and got extra tips and bags to use so it wasn't a bad choice. If you want to just try decorating this is a good basic set to use and see if it is something you like and not be out of a lot of money. Just be sure to cut less off the tip of the bag for the tip then you think you need. You may find you cut too much and can't use the bag then.
on March 7, 2014
I do a lot of decorating but frequently have to replace tips because I'm unorganized and they get lost in my cupboards. These were an inexpensive buy, and I didnt even notice that they came with the filling tip. A great inclusion that makes filling a lot easier than the plunging method alternative.
I needed more disposable bags and was happy to have them all come together for a really reasonable price. Really, if you're looking to make fancy filled cupcakes, this is the only kit you'll need.
on June 23, 2015
Received on time and according to advertised.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.