Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Wonderstruck PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 21, 2015
Let me start off by saying that these look really nice but they are pretty flimsy. I definitely wouldn't stack them full of cookies because I'm afraid they'd topple over if they were touched or accidentally bumped into. Separately, I think they're fine. For about $10, it's not bad for the price and it will accommodate plenty of cookies for our holiday baking, which begins tomorrow. If these were more sturdy, I would have given them 5 stars.
review image review image
on December 21, 2009
I purchased 2 of these for the wife last year at different times, and a year later we finally got to use them. Please be aware, that the reviews here may NOT be for the same exact product, hence the difference in opinions by some people.

While the two racks are essentially similiar, it appears that the manufacturer drastically cut back on their cost and quailty of the racks. The earlier model has the steel bars MUCH thicker than the newer models, with an additional support along the side edge. Even the collapsable legs are so much thinner and bend more than the older version.

The old one with the thicker steel is built like a tank, and can hold quite a bit of weight. I would not hesitate to put heavy pies on them ... not so for the newer model. For cookies both are adequate and are definitely a space saver. When you fill up one, just put another one on top.

The thicker steel one definitely gets a 5 star rating. The thinner one, a 4 star rating for cookies, and less if you are thinking of putting something heavy like a pie on them.

The legs are extremely stable for the old one, a bit more flimsy for the newer one, and you can definitely see the deflection difference in the racks when you apply some weight on them.

For the below reviewer that had collapsing problems, while we had no collapsing problems, I can see how the thinner one can do so, especially after it distorts some with use.

I like the product a lot, but am extremely disappointed that the manufacturer cheapened a great product to save some money, rather than raising the price some. And it wasn't just the thinner material, it was additional cross members that were removed. Let's see ... use thinner material AND reduce the number of supporting cross members. Draw your own conclusions here, but I for one am sick and tired of so many newer versions of products being made so much cheaper than the ones they have replaced ... CorningWare, Pyrex, Wilton, Farberware, etc ... all now producing junk as compared to what I was able to purchase 10-30 years ago.
2020 comments| 638 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2016
We just recieved this and opened the package. It seems as if this well known brand has opted to make this item cheaply. The coated rails are done so poorly that when opening the package rust was visible IMMEDIATELY. VERY LET DOWN. I will no longer purchase items from Wilton
review image review image
on September 29, 2016
These are great! Definitely saves space. I don't know if I'd trust it when stacked for anything as heavy as a cake since it wobbles, but it is great for our cookies and muffins.

Hopefully this review was helpful to you!
on July 24, 2015
i ended up buying more because i love them so much!!! i use them to cure my soaps. i have nothing bad to say!!!!
review image
on January 14, 2017
I've been doing a lot of baking lately (new kitchenaid mixer which I LOVE) and ran into a problem with getting hot things out of pans to cool. After using paper towels on the table to cool cookies and turning bread out onto the electric elements on the stove top I decided that I needed to stop being cheap and get some cooling racks.

I did a bit of searching and reading reviews before settling on these racks. I tried them for the first time last night and I'm happy to say that I'm pleased with my purchase. First the racks are easy to clean. I washed them before using and they washed well and dried quickly with a towel. Ready to use in a couple of minutes. Although I have a large working surface I decided to try the stacking feature. They stack easily and securely so you can feel confident knowing that a little nudge isn't going to send your baked goods tumbling.

After a couple of minutes cooling I was able to move the cookies from the cooling rack to a freezer bag for storage of the triple batch of cookies I was making. This allowed me to refill the racks several times leaving enough time between trays for the cookies to cool and be bagged. The cookies released easily every single time.

At the end of my baking session I popped the racks into the sink for a quick clean up before putting them away. Again very easy to clean and dry. I'll be making a couple of loaves of bread and banana bread tomorrow and I have confidence that these racks will come in handy again. Best investment I've made since I bought the mixer. Feel confident in this purchase if you are looking for some good quality, easy to use cooling racks.
on November 25, 2015
I was excited for this rack as it is stackable and I have a small kitchen with limited counter space. However, I am disappointed with it for several reasons.

First off, it's not sturdy as advertised. It is just like that annoying cafe table that needs 15 napkins or several coasters under one leg.

Second, it eats cookies. Literally swallowed my smaller cookies and digested them down on to the next rack.

Third, the rack dimensions are a lie. You lose about two and a half inches if you use the stacking function because of the way it stacks.

The worst part about this system is that you need to have giant hands or really flexible pinky fingers to pop the legs out if you want to move it or fill one tray and then set up the next one on top of it.

Update: I received some pampered chef stackable cooling rack and it is much better than this one. Stable and doesn't lose space when stacking. I would suggest that one over this one despite the price increase.
Enthusiast: Soap Makingon November 17, 2016
I ordered this product because I am perpetually plagued with apartments with little to no counter space. It is perfect! While it would seem to be unstable, once the three tiers are stacked on top of each other, the racks are perfectly stable. I have used this for assorted projects from cooling cookies, to drying out soaps. I love it! Would recommend to anyone with lacking counter space. One bad thing is that once you pull them out of the box you will never get them back in. They are a little ungainly to store. For me, that is not a huge deal.
on February 26, 2017
Although the concept of these cooling racks is great, the quality was lacking. If you are only making very light items then it should work good for you. However, the wires are rather thin and sag slightly towards the middle with only light weight applied to them. If using them stacked, the top two were slightly more stable since the legs were secured by the rack holding it up. But the bottom rack was still slightly caving in the middle and the bottom legs were sliding outwards. I had considered rigging these racks to overcome these shortcomings, but decided against it. On a positive note, I did NOT get the sense that these would collapse easily upon bumping while they were stacked up. Ultimately I decided to return these, because I didn't want to pay for something so flimsy. If these were made with slightly thicker wire and more secure legs they would have been perfect.
on August 13, 2016
I love these cooling racks when I'm not using them they fold in taking very little space in my cabinet and when in use they stack up leaving enough space through each tier to allow air flow for each rack. I regularly use them when I'm making Quesadillas because I like them crispy rather than soggy, so they can hold some weight and I don't have much space on the counter so being able to stack them just tripled my space. Highly recommend this for anyone needing a lot of cooling space with having that much space to spare.

I purchased this item at full price and I can guarantee that the price I paid won’t affect the way I review my products, I do this because I base my purchase decisions on reviews and there is nothing worse than getting something other than what you expected based on the reviews you read, so I’ll always try to give the facts about the product first followed by my personal opinion. As far as my ratings they are as follows:
5 STARS ★★★★★ I highly recommend this product and I will be purchasing it again myself when I need another one of these as well as I tell my friends and family about it if they need a similar product.
4 STARS ★★★★☆ I recommend this product but I feel there is something that could be improved on to make it great. When I recommend this product to someone I warn them of what I feel could be improved upon but normally would purchase again unless someone points me to something better.
3 STARS ★★★☆☆ I hesitate to recommend this product as I feel it’s not the best option available. Normally this means it either lacks features or isn’t durable so generally doesn’t give you a great return on investment. Normally I’ll search for something better before I purchase this again.
2 STARS ★★☆☆☆ I don’t recommend this product. Either the product is defective (so poor quality control), doesn’t function as described or poor customer service.
1 STARS ★☆☆☆☆ I recommend staying away from this product. Usually this means I’m trying to avoid you the frustration of dealing with poor customer service for a product that is worthless in either function or quality.
If you find my reviews helpful to your purchase, please up-vote.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.