Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 21, 2009
I purchased 2 of these for the wife last year at different times, and a year later we finally got to use them. Please be aware, that the reviews here may NOT be for the same exact product, hence the difference in opinions by some people.

While the two racks are essentially similiar, it appears that the manufacturer drastically cut back on their cost and quailty of the racks. The earlier model has the steel bars MUCH thicker than the newer models, with an additional support along the side edge. Even the collapsable legs are so much thinner and bend more than the older version.

The old one with the thicker steel is built like a tank, and can hold quite a bit of weight. I would not hesitate to put heavy pies on them ... not so for the newer model. For cookies both are adequate and are definitely a space saver. When you fill up one, just put another one on top.

The thicker steel one definitely gets a 5 star rating. The thinner one, a 4 star rating for cookies, and less if you are thinking of putting something heavy like a pie on them.

The legs are extremely stable for the old one, a bit more flimsy for the newer one, and you can definitely see the deflection difference in the racks when you apply some weight on them.

For the below reviewer that had collapsing problems, while we had no collapsing problems, I can see how the thinner one can do so, especially after it distorts some with use.

I like the product a lot, but am extremely disappointed that the manufacturer cheapened a great product to save some money, rather than raising the price some. And it wasn't just the thinner material, it was additional cross members that were removed. Let's see ... use thinner material AND reduce the number of supporting cross members. Draw your own conclusions here, but I for one am sick and tired of so many newer versions of products being made so much cheaper than the ones they have replaced ... CorningWare, Pyrex, Wilton, Farberware, etc ... all now producing junk as compared to what I was able to purchase 10-30 years ago.
2020 comments| 647 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Soap Makingon November 17, 2016
I ordered this product because I am perpetually plagued with apartments with little to no counter space. It is perfect! While it would seem to be unstable, once the three tiers are stacked on top of each other, the racks are perfectly stable. I have used this for assorted projects from cooling cookies, to drying out soaps. I love it! Would recommend to anyone with lacking counter space. One bad thing is that once you pull them out of the box you will never get them back in. They are a little ungainly to store. For me, that is not a huge deal.
on July 9, 2017
AWESOME!! I got 2 sets of these so I can stack 6 high. I'm new to cookie decorating and have made up to 7 dozen at a time. With that many cookies, you run out of counter space. These are awesome! I wouldn't put anything too heavy on them, they do not appear to be made for heavy items. I use mine for cookies and it works great! I really like that you can use 1, 2 or all 3 and in my case, all 6!!! Nice product!
Top Contributor: Petson January 29, 2017
GREAT COOLING RACK! Wanted something that would take up less of a footprint but allow stackable storage for both storing as well as cooling. This was IT! Great layout of the product to allow stackable racks and plenty of room for air flow to cool your baked goods faster! Takes up barely more room in the pantry than our cookie sheet and the stackable feature helps with keeping them all together in one spot! Clean-up has been a breeze as well with warm soapy water!
on January 15, 2012
I received this and it was rusty out of the box! The black coating had chipped off in several of the corners and it was rusting. I would have asked for a replacement if it wasn't ALL three pieces, but I really don't think that just three pieces slipped past quality control, I think it's just a cheap product. I think this is a really good product idea but poorly implemented.
33 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 23, 2017
I caught these during a great sale and bought 2 of these for myself, and gifted 2 to my Mom to help save counter space during infrequent baking binges.
The good: takes up less counter space, gets the job done, awesome concept, good price

The bad: it takes up a lot more storage room than I thought it would. The set collapses down for storage, but because of the curved type shape of the legs, it increases the height of the collapsed size. Wiggles a bit, cheaply made, & not very sturdy.

The ugly: 2 of the 4 sets that I purchased were bent when I took them out of the box and wouldn't line up with the next tier for stacking. However, because this product is pretty cheaply made, I was able to bend them mostly into shape.

Overall: awesome concept and a fine inexpensive self-purchase for the casual baker that doesn't mind potentially having to bend the set into the correct shape. The set is okay for me, but I won't be purchasing this again and would definitely not recommend gifting it.
on August 10, 2015
I have used these for 4 years now, about once a week or so. I use them for a variety of things besides cooling baked goods and they are still holding up well. Even run them through the dishwasher when they get greasy as they are used with paper towels to soak up the extra oil from deep frying. In the oven we've used them to make hard taco shells out of soft corn tortillas.

I find that they aren't as stable when stacked them as pictured though so I spread them across the dining table. They were a great purchase, even though I don't do much baking.
on March 22, 2017
they seem a bit flimsy when trying to stack them and not apparent how they are supposed to stack right away. My biggest complaint is that the wires are too far apart. If you have hot cookies you are placing on them, they can easily sink and sag right through the spaces. I am going to ditch these and find some window pane racks for better support.
I have a small kitchen and bake often, so the stackability of these cooling racks is just INGENIOUS. I recently used one of them in the oven to roast some char siu, and it didn't clean up so well, but it's still totally usable for cooling baked goods. I wouldn't be able to bake at the rate I do without these!
on December 29, 2015
This three tier cooking rack is an excellent counter/space saving piece of kitchen equipment that many can benefit from. Obviously, you can only put so much weight on the racks, if you're thinking of something bulky this isn't going to work for you. Since it is around the Holiday season as I write this review I think of all the people that I know personal that make cookies and other treats.

The kitchen becomes a mess in a matter of seconds when it comes to getting all the items out and cooling racks are always part of it. So, save someone some space by using this 3-tier rack that will cool those tasty treats and give the the space you need while cooking.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.