Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Wilton Wonder Mold Kit
|Price:||$17.24 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Creates an elegant 3-D shape for decorating fabulous dress designs
- Pan measures 8-inch diameter and 5-inch deep
- Takes 5-6 cups of firm-textured batter
- Heat-conducting rod assures even baking
- Kit contains pan, rod stand, 7-inch doll pick and instructions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) Use two cake mixes for this cake pan to make a full dress skirt.
2) Grease the pan and the center metal piece liberally with shortening and flour.
3) Once the batter has been added to the pan, smooth it out.
4) Remove all but one of your oven racks. Bake this cake on the second to the lowest rack.
5) Bake cake at 325 degrees so that the cake bakes evenly and the top doesn't end up with that center dome. It will take longer to bake because of its size. Do not keep opening the door because it will fall or bake unevenly in the center.
6) Ten minutes after you remove it from the oven, remove the center metal rod and use both hands (a clean kitchen towel on one hand and an oven mitt on the other) to turn the baked cake over slightly and release it from the pan slightly and then quickly put it back in the pan until completely cooled. What you're doing here is adding a little air to the bottom to "release the seal."
1) Fashion doll cake (11" tall): You'll need to add a base cake that is 9" or larger. I prefer using a 10" cake so that it looks like she's sitting on a pedestal. Use dowels in the base cake to support the weight of the doll cake. Wilton has white dowels that I suggest using. The wooden ones can move and you don't want your doll cake falling over. Use an 8" round for the bottom of your doll cake and cut a hole in the center so that the doll's feet go down into it. Make sure that you've wrap the lower half of your doll in plastic wrap so she's not touching the cake.Read more ›
Things you should know:
1) You need 2 box cake mixes, NOT 1. (ie Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker..any of those brands). Luckily I had a spare at home.
It takes a LONG time for the cake to bake. I think mine took almost 50min, I used both convection bake and bake..best to set it to 25min and then keep checking every 10min until a stick (wooden skewer)comes out dry after poking in the cake.
2)My cake cracked at the bottom after I put it on the cooling rack, so I decided to cut the bottom off to make it flat. BAD IDEA. Wait until the entire thing has cooled down before cutting the bottom to make it flat...otherwise cake will crumble or the insides will fall out a bit.
3)Look online for decorating ideas and also how to use icing tips. I just used ready made icing bought in the grocery store. Its sold next to the ready made cake mix boxes. How your cake turns out has a lot to do with how you decorate it.
The cake looked Amazing. It was THE BEST cake among ALL the cakes that were present at Chucky Cheese where our party was. I got A LOT great comments on it. Just be patient because it does take time to decorate it...and if you are not artistic...just copy decorating one from the internet.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used several times now. Easy to use. Takes longer to bake as the center is thick.Published 8 days ago by Tammy M.
This worked wonderfully! I thought it would be dry because it took so long to cook through but it wasn't. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Kelly M.
Batter rose very high in the center, Leaving the sides short. Made a very small dress. If the batter had risen more uniform it would have been perfect.Published 27 days ago by K. K.
Beautiful heavy duty pan. I had a pan like this to make doll cakes before my grandchildren were born. It was misplaced. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Anne M. Tranquillo
Cake turned out very small than expected, wonder mold is good very easy to make doll cake with instructionsPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Worked well. The cake did not stick at all and the finished product turned out well. The doll pick is a little old fashioned looking so we used a different doll.Published 1 month ago by K
I use this mold as the tummy for a belly cake! Super easy to use. Takes a little longer to bake than a regular pan. Definitely would recommend this mold and supplier!Published 1 month ago by fazeidan