Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 5, 2015
A great product. Too bad I bough the purple one and they sent me the blue one.
on August 10, 2010
Like many others who've posted, I only purchased this with a 50% off coupon at a local AC Moore store. It's not worth $60.00 there, or $65.00 at Michael's, but it's easier to justify $32.00 with tax.

It does have limitations that I don't like, but generally it's a good box:
1. It doesn't have adjustable drawers except for the bottom one. There are times when you wish you could fit all your stuff in one compartment, but you can't because of the hard dividers. For instance, you can't put the flower lifting scissors in any of the top containers - only the very bottom drawer.
2. The hinges and latches on the compartments are a bit cheesy and I don't suspect they'll last a long time, which worries me.
3. The larger supplies like the curved flower making trays or the lettering kits - they're too big and won't fit into the bottom compartment.
4. The tip trays are a bit skimpy, but on the plus side, the deep top does allow for a stacking of approximately 4 tips. I've discovered if you've got a bunch of couplers and the tiny compartments between the tip sectionals are full, you can put couplers in with the tips. They're also deep enough to house the larger tips.
5. I would've liked to have seen a better setup for the dyes. I would prefer two or three layers with pull out trays. I ended up discarding the tiny tray in the end so I could put all my colors in the compartment.

WISH LIST OF FEATURES:
1. I wish there was a second larger bottom drawer to hold nothing but flavorings and extracts. In short, make it a little bit more "baker friendly" so all you'd have to do is pull out one caddy instead of multiple containers. Or if that wasn't possible, I'd like to see Wilton create a caddy with the sole purpose of emulsions/extracts, and have an option where you could go online and pick out the flavorings you'd want/use (and include the shipping of the materials in the price of the caddy).
2. More room dedicated to tips!
3. Pockets on the side of the caddy (instead of those slits) that would allow the user to put in tools that are either too large for the bottom drawer, or a hand made tool that someone comes up with that does a better job than a Wilton tool (or a non-existent tool available on the market).
4. Substantial top handles on the larger drawers (along with hinges and latches that could support the weight). I can't tell you how many times I've fumbled along the top, feeling for a handle that isn't there.
5. Some sort of safety latch that would keep the drawers from sliding out if/when the caddy was tipped over or off balance. I had the bottom drawer fall right out when I was standing in line at the register to purchase the unit. Luckily, it didn't land on the foot of the person behind me!

Overall not a bad piece, but is lacking.
on June 8, 2009
I already owned the normal tool caddy, but the bundle one that includes the products in it for like $100. I saw this in the store (Michaels) and I decided it was worth the price, I had a 50% off coupon and they have higher prices, in the end I spent $35, still think it was too much money. I wish that it would hold more than it does. I like the organization of it, and that's mainly why I bought it. Tips fit nicely in it, and same with the colors and spatulas, I just didn't really know how to organize it. still feel the bottom drawer is a clutter mess, but the items r 2 big 2 fit anywhere else. It does take up some room, not sure where I'm going to store it. Basically fits the same amount of stuff that fits in the other tool caddy, just it's organized better.
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 15, 2012
I got this for Valentine's Day from my husband and at first I was excited because it looked like it would hold a bunch of cake decorating stuff but after I started filling it up I realized it didn't hold very much after all. This is ok if your taking lessons and need to carry your stuff back and forth to cake decorating classes but if you are like me and have lots of tips and bags this is not going to help you out. I would say it would hold a beginner's amount of items or only your FAVORITE DECORATING STUFF..
Mine went back to the store and I bought something else instead. I don't need something else sitting around taking up space.
on December 18, 2010
I bought this, and after one week of getting frustrated with too many items that just would not fit into it, I went to Wally World (you know) and bought a Plano tackle box. That box works perfect for all my cake decorating tools. Only cost me $20. and it's made really sturdy. May not be as pretty as this caddy, but it does the job, is sturdy, and costs alot less. My caddy is actually smaller than this one listed, and I have all my tools in it. Not to mention, the handle on my caddy is so easy to just pick that thing up and go wherever with it.
on August 24, 2010
Very organized item, a place for everything/everything in it's place sort of took for people like me who want things IN THEIR PLACE lol!!! I purchased this WITH the tools included. Considering this is 60 just for the tote, splurging and spending the 120 I spet at Michaels for the container AND all the wilton tools was awsome (with 40% off coupon you can print on their site online).

They told me at the store it has everything you need for all of the wiltons classes they teach. So, when you look at it, the normal 34 dollar a kit price for each of the 3 or 4 classes, plus the cost of the tote, you get a lot more for your money going for the set with the coupon.
on February 20, 2012
This is so far a great container. I just got it today and I was so excited that I had to see how much I could shove into it, I already had a ton of baking supplies and tips since its a hobby and I also go to Le Cordon Bleu for that program. I have a lot of tips but since some are doubles or triples, I just stacked them on top of each other and then I had room for different tips. Im still filling it up and I'm waiting for some other things I ordered but I think all of that will also fit inside. Its smaller than I thought it would be for the price but its perfect traveling size. I'd definitely get it on sale or here like me because, even though its convenient, its not worth the $65.
on May 29, 2010
I bought this to replace my handled tote which I had everything in and could not find anything when I needed it! I was tired of digging for one item (at the bottom of course) and have to re-organize it when I was done. I bought this at Joann with a 50% off coupon and it's still expensive, $32 but I think it's well worth it.

It has lots of compartments in the middle for items (large couplers, large bags, there are 6 different drawers) plus a section for colors (all of mine fit with room to spare, I didn't think they would all fit when I was looking at it in the store)

I LOVE the tip holder BUT it's not big enough. I have about 80 tips and had to triple up way too many for them all to fit on the top. Many have four on top (same one, different size) but I can live with that for the ease of getting them out!

Here's my complaints. The caddy could be a little larger for the price. Early on I bought a letter template set and the clear letter holder is too wide to fit. The cake leveler doesn't snap into the lid like the picture shows (I think maybe a defect?) and it's $63 dollars at JoAnn's.

I'd buy it again and enjoy using it (imagine me covered in icing asking a 5 year old to get such and such out of the bottom drawer instead of "somewhere in the bottom of the basket" That right there was worth it!

Also, as a side note, it's HEAVY with everything in it! It's compact but heavy!
on December 8, 2012
I got this as a gift for a friend from Michaels at an even higher price and it is JUNK. This is very cheap plastic that is small and doesn't hold a lot. We ended up taking it back and buying an extremely nice Tackle box that looks beautiful and is designed very well. In speaking with the customer service rep at Plano they said that a lot of people buy thier boxes for cake decorating supplies, bedding, sewing and other smaller item projects.

I am so disappointed at Wilton for making such horrible, cheap and flimsy product and selling it at a premium price. Shameful!

Please check out the Plano series of professional tackle boxes, they are very nice and my friend was so impressed she went and got extra accessories. Amazon carries the Plano guide series which are very nice, less expensive and high quality. You can also find them at Walmart online and at local Cablea's stores (a higher cost here).

Here is Amazon's link to my friends new baking box the Plano Guide Series 787 {[ASIN:B00469G2JO Plano Angled Stowaway System with 9 Stowaways]].

I hope this helps many of you.

Vidimo Se!

Zavi
on June 17, 2009
This being the first caddy I've bought, I have nothing to compare it to, but I find it wonderful. Great size, it holds a lot. Very organized (always a plus). It was a bit pricey, but hopefully it lasts a while!
The only problem with it is it is designed to hold mostly Wilton brand accessories - the food color slots won't fit other brands of coloring. Bummer.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.