Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Garth Brooks Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 28, 2015
Embarrassingly this was my first time using a dedicated cake spatula to frost my cakes. I poured through reviews and couldn't decide on the size to get. Some folks weren't happy with large spatulas while others had problems adapting to smaller spatulas. I purchased this particular spatula based on the reviews and was also under the assumption the metal spatula itself (excluding the handle) was 9" long. What I received was a spatula that is 9" in length *including* the handle. The metal spatula itself is only 3.75"- seems suited more for cupcakes and tiny rounds. That said, I put it t the test and I've successfully frosted several 9" round triple layer cakes in addition to cupcakes and mini cupcakes- it worked perfectly, and just as expected.

I wound up having no issues with small size. The angled handle made frosting the cakes feel natural, as if I'd been using it for years, and in no way awkward. I was also able to use it successfully as a crumb layer-scraper. A crumb layer scraper would have been ideal for my high layered cakes as it would have required minimal effort, but this spatula outperformed any substitute device I'd previously used, and in the end, my crumb layer was perfect.

I can see a bigger size spatula being more helpful for 9"+ layer cakes, as it would be faster and perhaps a tad easier, but I wasn't racing against a clock and my cakes turned out beautiful.
0Comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 18, 2017
I finally treated myself to some "real" tools after being commissioned to make my mom's wedding cake. She despises fondant, and I cringed at the thought of making a buttercream cake because I was worried the icing would come out lumpy and gross. This tool worked great for me, and although it didn't come out perfectly lump-free like fondant would, it was pretty darn close. I will be keeping this tool for future cakes; my only wish is that I had bought one sooner so that I could lend a more professional feel to my cakes.
on April 20, 2016
This is probably one of the greatest purchases I have made in a while. I bake a lot and have so for about 12 years. I'm actually in the process of opening up my own bakery and I saw this and figured I would give it a shot since the price was right. Man, this spatula is versatile. I've used it for slicing cheesecakes, spooning items as well as icing my cheesecakes and it works flawlessly.

When my bakery if fully up and running, I plan on ordering a few more to keep on hand.
on May 30, 2016
i attempted to make my son a cake for his first birthday ... While I am not much of a baker, this icing spatula made decorating much easier!
review image
on November 29, 2017
It says it is 1.5 inch wide, and the blade is only .75 inches wide. Also, it is very short for a 9 inch spatula, the blade is like a third of the entire length. You can.t tell in the photos as the packaging does not show the end of the spatula. The company does not allow returns.
on October 30, 2017
I purchased this for my angel food cake recipe. It worked like a charm allowing me to easily remove my cake from the cake pan. It also helped me apply the icing on top with ease and can even be used as a scoop to serve cake slices! Great tool, wish I'd bought one years ago! Very sturdy, well made and easy to store!
on March 16, 2017
Meets all expectations. My failings with frosting cakes comes from my own lack of practice. No complaints.
on September 10, 2017
Great Icing Spatula! Nice and durable but it has enough flex to it that it makes frosting cakes a very easy. If you are wonding if you should get one of these or continue with the old butter knife, GET ONE! The difference is huge.
on June 9, 2016
The 9" spatula description clearly states that the blade is 1.5" wide. The one I received is barely .75" (3/4"). Not what I wanted.
Would probably cost more to send it back than it's worth. I did give 2 stars because it's well made but for me it's just another addition to my junk drawer.
on February 10, 2016
Works perfect ! Came right on time and works great! So much easier than a knife.
Strong ...doesn't bend easily. Whether it is for birthdays or game days...baking special cakes
makes it special. Design and artistry is everything.