Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 4,632 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,058 reviews
on October 26, 2015
I have had these for a while now (two years).

Within six months of owning them they started growing mold in the space where the hard plastic handle fits inside the silicone, which required me to pull the silicone parts off completely to clean. Then the silicone part would come off whenever! Folding batter? Oops, gotta fish out the silicone bit.

Within a year, the hard plastic of the handles started deteriorating (note: I hand wash everything, no dishwasher use). The plastic became cloudy then started flaking off during washing.

Finally... the silicone has given up-- it's become brittle(?) and is breaking apart. So... they are kaput and I won't be reordering this brand.
on February 23, 2013
Edit 7/28/13: a second one just broke. These are really awful.

As per my picture, one of the spatulas broke under light load in ten months. This spatula is more expensive but much sturdier:Trudeau 9-Inch Silicone Spatula, Yellow
review image
11 comment| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2008
I have been using these spatulas for a few weeks now. I wanted to test them in different cooking situations. I am very happy with them. They are heat resistant and very flexible. Of course the handles are made of plastic so you have to be careful with them or they will melt.

Edit 9/15/09: Nearly a year later and the spatulas are still going strong.

Edit 10/15/12: After four years I am starting to detect some cracking on the edge of these spatulas. I'm elated that it took this long to show any wear. Product still usable.

Edit 04/01/15: Somehow 2 of the 3 spatulas are missing. Maybe the dishwasher ate them? LOL! Anyway the remaining spatula is still going strong but I am going to order a new set to replace the missing ones.

Edit 04/02/2016: Has it really been a year? Anyway I thought I would upload some pictures of the remaining spatula that is now 7 1/2 years old. This old soldier has seen a lot of combat throughout these years. He's stained and grizzled from years of use and yes he has some cracking around the edges as well a number of burns. But you know what? He is still usable unlike his two spatula friends that are missing in action. He's the smallest soldier of the bunch but he remains my favorite. :-)
review image review image review image
1919 comments| 1,012 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2015
Long-lasting, unless you accidentally melt the handle (like I did). Silicone doesn't chip along the edges the way the rubber spatulas can. The small spatula reaches into cans and jars, the middle one is flexible for cleaning batter from the sides of mixing bowls, and the large one is firm enough for combining ingredients. I use at least a couple of them every day, and they go from stovetop to dishwasher without a problem. Indispensable.
on August 15, 2015
Since I haven't start experiment with this product, so I can't give any review on the product yet. I just want to comment on the package that the product came in only....at this time!!!!!

I've to confess that when the product came in....
1) a flimsy, incompletely sealed plastic bag
2) the sticker with the name wasn't clear AT ALL....can't even tell if it's a fake or real (see picture))
You start to wonder....Hmmmmmmmmm, am I getting ????????

I opened and checked closely if they looked alright....so far....so good....(BUT most of the fake things look good too). At least they look like the picture.
I'll wait and see how these spatulas work, then I'll give another review. BUT right now, not a very happy camper yet :(
SO!!! IGNORE THE STAR ("Star Rating required" as it indicated!!) otherwise it won't be fair to the product yet, but I'll report very soon, promise.

8/28/16...update my review as promised (give one more star because I can't say that I like them).
Well, I have to confess that I bought them, because from the picture, I thought they would have nice thin and flexible blade like plastic spatula but can be used for cooking like all my silicone spatulas. But the blade isn't thin they have the same thickness that all of my silicone spatulas have. So when I finished cooking and scooped the food out on the plate, I still had to change to plastic kind to be able to sweep out all the sauce that stuck from the pan because this kind didn't really did that part perfect like the plastic kind. I'm a little bit disappointed but that's fine since I still use them from time to time.....not everyday like my plastic kind though.
on February 20, 2015
The spoon-style spatula's handle broke where it joins the silicone part. It happened while I was mixing fried rice in a wok, so there was some pressure on the handle. However, I think the design and material could be improved to handle such pressure. The silicone part performed well and it was easy to clean. I would not recommend this product, since a broken spatula is a useless no matter how it performed before the breakage.
on February 4, 2012
This spatula works fine for a few months - then the handles snap off due to poor the extremely poor quality plastic used in the handles. I have broken off all the handles on two sets I purchased and will never buy this product again. Better to spend more and get something that lasts longer.
on February 18, 2017
This is cheap Chinese garbage. I have had these for less than 10 months and the handles broke on all of them. The first one broke at around 4 months. I am not a heavy user either. I'm a single guy. I have several other spatulas so I use them all equally. I would be willing to bet if you contacted all of these people, who wrote wonderful reviews, a year after they purchased the spatula set they all will say that they broke. That is if they use them moderately. They will be a great spatula set if you never use them so they won't break. Haha!
on December 10, 2013
Update:

I don't know how long most people expect these to last but I am throwing the last of mine away. I threw away the ones where the end piece came off or was detached from the glue allowing particles inside and if not cleaned-mold + bacteria to grow. I'm throwing the last one away. The silicone end piece did not detach but you can see yucky stuff inside that could leach out while preparing meals. Recommendation: look for a one piece spatula, and not made in China while you're at it.

Original review:

I like these a lot. The color is really pretty, and I like that they resist melting. One of the silicone ends has come off of one after a few months of use. Its still usable as I stick it back on, but I make sure to separate them between uses so that I can be sure it gets fully clean inside. I would buy again except I've seen some silicone spatulas that have a sort of hook that can keep them in a pot but not on the bottom, exposed to the heat source directly. Those... are nice!

UPDATE: I still really like the look of these spatulas, but do keep in mind: some of the "ends" may (will) eventually separate from the handle. I have two that have slid off. So every time I wash these, if they are loose I separate them so that I can get whatever food debris has crept up inside the cracks. As long as you do this for ones that have gotten lose, there's no problem with cleanliness. But if you don't notice right away there's a chance that food (sauce, etc) and bacteria can get under the silicone and then be redeposited on your food if not washed separately.
If you found this review helpful, please click "yes" below. If you did not find it helpful, please let me know how my review could become more helpful by leaving me a comment below.
on January 2, 2016
I initially loved these spatulas, and was very impressed with the build quality. However, over time, I became less impressed. The two piece design, while excellent for cleaning, results in the spatula head coming off during use, particularly if one is working with something thicker in consistency. Also, unfortunately, the shaft broke on one, right at the interface with the spatula head. I ordered a set of one piece spatulas, to hopefully avoid both these issues.

Update 9/2/16: Just broke number 2 of 3. Should change the name to "Easy BreaK" spatulas.