Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on January 1, 2015
I use natural vanilla for most of my baking. But sometimes I need clear vanilla when natural vanilla make the mixture tinted or brown. I like the flavor of Wilton clean imitation vanilla. It smells strong just like the natural when added to mixture, and the flavor bakes off some. So sometimes I use just a little more than natural vanilla in order to achieve the same potency in baking. Other than that, sometimes I almost can not tell which vanilla I use to bake, Imitation or Natural.

The Wilton Clear imitation vanilla I used to get come with a foil seal on the bottle for freshness. I recommend removing this foil before using. One time I was in a hurry. Instead of removing the foil, I made the mistake of punching through the foil and left it in place. A few weeks later, the bottle of clear vanilla turned a slight brown tint. I guess the ingredients in the imitation vanilla had a chemical reaction with the foil. The flavor was not affected, it was just no longer clear. Just FYI.
on September 19, 2016
I've only used this once in the white cookie icing I made. I wanted a clear vanilla so it wouldn't discolor the whiteness. Of course the flavor isn't as good as real vanilla flavoring, but it works.
on August 3, 2015
This vanilla has good flavor and works very well in baking. I originally bought this to use for whipped cream and frosting, but I have also been using it for baking cookies, and have noticed that the flavor holds well after baking. I trust Wilton, and will continue to buy this clear vanilla extract.
on February 6, 2013
Perfect for white frosting and the smell of the vanilla makes the flavor strong. I sometimes use this in conjunction with real vanilla to beef up the aromatics.
on September 22, 2015
This was a great buy for the amount of time that I have used it for... i always use clear vanilla because I don't like icing with a brown tint. I have used this for baking, icing, everything. It's great! and you get a LOT of vanilla for the price.
on November 13, 2013
Bitter, unacceptable flavor. I don't think real vanilla contributes enough coloring to icing not to use it. This artificial product is going straight to the trash.
on January 14, 2017
I used this product to get 'white' frosting and whipped cream when the recipe calls for vanilla. works and tastes great.
on December 2, 2016
Works just as good as the real vanilla extract if not better at a fraction of the cost! I will be using this from now on!!!
on January 27, 2015
I don't like anything imitation but there is no pure clear vanilla on the market, that I could find-so I had to purchase this for the second time. Nice size and because I don't use it often. If anyone knows of a pure clear vanilla, write to me and give me the info. It's an serves the purpose
on April 16, 2015
Love love love using the clear Vanilla in all of my frosting especially when I am creating a certain color as it will let you start with a snow white base coloring. Pair this with Wilton Immitaion Butter and you will be able to create unlimited desserts.