Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 187 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 253 reviews
on June 25, 2016
This easily cranked out 8 dozen cookies for a school cookie party for the holidays. Easy to use and easy to clean. Definitely make sure if you use it to use a recipe specifically formulated for a cookie press - too thick or too sticky and it won't hold its shape. Have made great cheese crackers, spritz cookies, and ginger snaps with this press!
on September 6, 2013
Years ago I spent a year learning to master the Spritz cookie
I began trying with my Mother's old aluminum cookie press [dismal results]
then a battery operated one [un-reliable results]
then a home party one that worked well [ until Ol' Arthur took up residence in my only thumb]
Have a 2 year old grand and a 1 month old great grand.Thus renewing the cookie days.
I am more than pleased with this cookie press.
The suggestions would be as follows:
all room temp fats in the chilled bowl beat with chilled beater first slow till blended
then 2 minutes on high very light and fluffy,add the sugars 2 more minutes on high.
On slow drop eggs and extracts one by one
Stop mixer scrape down the bowl sides,
Dry ingredients Weigh the flour in separate bowl whisk dries together.
[a wee bit too much and the batter becomes too stiff to go through a press]
With mixer on low add dries by half cup full
until all are incorporated scrape bowl sides as needed with folding action .
With a deli sheet form dough into 2" round logs [this really does help]
cool pans completely between batches I keep 4 sheets going on baking day
You can get 35 cookies on a half size bakery cookie sheet
Last hint: Turn your AC very low in the summer & your furnace off in the winter
There is a reason these cookies are made most often in the winter
THE BATTTER DOES NOT LIKE TO BE OVERHEATED.
No master chef here but I do love to do things well.
A closet teacher at heart too. ENJOY
these are wonderful tender & light cookies.
PM if you have any questions about these directions
on December 23, 2016
After my last cookie press broke last Christmas baking season, I purchased this one in July so I'd be ready for the coming year. It has 14 discs with various shapes, and I expected it would have all the ones I wanted and that typically come with such cookie presses. WRONG. I got the box out to prepare for Christmas baking and to my dismay discovered on the back of the box that the disc with the single star shape in the middle was not included. It made me want to return the product but obviously (a) I didn't notice it wasn't included when I bought it and (b) I've had it too long at this point. Shame on me for not checking, but I have never had a cookie press that didn't include this particular disc. I will see if Wilton makes one that fits this machine or perhaps if one of the discs from previous cookie presses has one that fits, but I'm really disappointed.
on January 1, 2017
My mother-in-law moved away so I needed to make my husband's favorite cookie. I'm a decent baker, but I was a little worried I'd royally screw them up. Typically I google for good recipes, but I know my mother-in-law follows the recipes on boxes or ones that were handed down to her so... I took a leap and just used the recipe on the box. Hot damn if my first batch didn't come out perfect! It was easy to use too, very short learning curve. These cookies were so easy to make that I went ahead and made 4 batches and gave them away as gifts too. Thanks Wilton.
on January 10, 2017
Was hard to get the hang of it but after figuring things out, it MOSTLY works. The white plastic plunger is slightly bent out of shape so I have to push it in on that side. Not annoying enough to send it back. I also don't consistently get a cookie dough shape with one click. Sometimes it takes two or nothing gets released onto the cookie sheet (or only part of the design does). In the end, I got plenty of cookies out of the use of this cookie press, but had to ding for these inconsistencies.
on June 24, 2016
Plastic inserts split on 1st use
Size of container too small. Did not match description
on December 19, 2016
What was sent is the Wilton Preferred Cookie Press. It's made of metal and plastic, cookie disks are plastic. Seems generally well made, but cookies don't come off easily for some disks. Have used better cookie press, really unclear if Wilton Preferred Cookie Press is the same as Cookie Pro Ultra II, which is the one I thought I was buying.
on December 26, 2012
Sending this cookie press back. Wilton generally has good baking products. However, in this case the cookie dough would NOT feed through the press. When it did, it would Oozed out of the sides of the disc and the dough did not release or stick to the cookie sheet, as the cookie press I am replacing did. As a matter of fact the cookie press I am replacing was all metal, including cookie disks and never oozed out the sides. It was sturdy and you had to "twist the handle" to create cookie. Due to arthritis I wanted to replace with a "trigger type" cookie press and unfortunately made of plastic, it just did not work properly from the first and only batch made ... However, the dough DID work in my older press, so I know it was not the dough. Although the recipe for the spritz cookies on this cookie press was different than the older one I'm used to using. Yet it still did not work in any capacity. Waste of all the ingredients, time, money and efforts. Very disappointing.
on July 18, 2017
I had a Wilton Cookie Pro Plus or something. It broke after years of use. Bought this thinking it would be similar. The other pieces don't fit so I have to throw those out. This one is just ok. Not as sturdy or good. I can only really use 3 or 4 of the designs. The rest don't come out well at all.
on February 21, 2016
A precision machine, it's not. Most of the cookies it presses out are just fine, but every few cookies it produces one that needs to be wadded up and put back in the hopper. I haven't been able to figure out why it does this; it's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong. Perhaps my disappointment stems from missing the one I had when we were children: solid stainless steel and practically indestructible. Oh, well.