Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 81 reviews
on January 17, 2017
This Copco scoop is not brushed stainless as the picture and description indicate. It is just like all the other cheap chrome plated inferior metal utensils you see sold in big box stores. I bought this because I was tired of the cheap chrome plated scoops that flake after a few weeks of use and begin to disintegrate. This product is no different. The back of the package indicates a Wilton company copyright but this is clearly a copy of that design with cheaper materials. The package cardboard makes no mention at all of the build materials and Stainless Steel is definitely not mentioned anywhere. Unless there is some stainless buried in the handle I doubt that there is any stainless steel used in this scoop at all.

I sent it back for a refund. If you are looking for a scoop that is actually made of stainless so it will last look elsewhere. The original brushed stainless Wilton's would be a good option if you can find one from an honest listing. Images attached of what I received and a side by side comparison of this scoop with an actual stainless steel ice cream spade to show the difference in materials. As an extra note on the quality of the item, the chrome on the Copco scoop I received came with some noticeable dings in the center of the scoop that would have further accelerated the deterioration of the finish.
review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 30, 2011
I thought this was a great scooper at first, then the chrome finish started to come off revealing what looks like copper underneath. Since I don't like "shiny chrome finish" in my ice cream I don't think I'll be using this anymore. It's a shame too... I thought this thing was going to last forever but it wasn't long till I noticed shiny pieces of the finish in the ice cream.

See the photo I uploaded of the finish coming off. Also of note: the scoop I received said "COPCO" on it.
review image review image
on April 6, 2017
We tried to find copco locally, no luck. Easy to use, even on hard ice cream.
on April 5, 2017
Best ice cream scoop I have ever found
on September 21, 2011
When I read the review about the poor guy who got the fake scoop, I figured he was just an unlucky dude. I was really impressed with the looks of the one I received. The problem is that the scoop is not stainless and built in China. It may work real well but I am not going to buy a lie. Take the "Stainless Steel" off the description! I bought this one because I already broke my other China scoop in half. I sent it back immediately when I determined it was a great looking fake. At least Amazon made the return very easy and covered the shipping costs.
on May 16, 2010
the scoops I received were Copco chrome versions of this scoop - not the stainless wilton version that is shown in the picture.
You cannot was them in the dishwasher without dimpling and ruining the finish.

very disappointed!!!!
33 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2011
I am one of those people that likes to ride the bleeding edge of technology. I pursue things that excel at their intended purpose and if they also look great, that is a big bonus.

I have owned several brands of ice cream scoops over the years: from the old fashion hand scoop with the wiper action arm, to the latest KitchenAid. I thought that I had found my answer in the KitchenAid because it looked nice and worked fairly well. However, even with hand washing, the KitchenAid started peeling after a year or so of infrequent use. Back to the drawing board. I searched and searched until I found the Wilton/Copco. I waited with baited breath for it to arrive .. would it be a success or more folly? When I opened the package, I was somewhat impressed. The scoop has a nice heft to it without being overly heavy or seeming unbalanced. The little thumb stop feels great and is nicely placed. I like the rubberized back where your fingers will wrap when you hold the scoop. The scoop part looks unusual and I wondered how it would work.

I took a carton of ice cream from the kitchen freezer and the scoop sliced through it like a knife through microwaved butter. I was impressed. My first scoop was very large and I thought "wow, am I scooping ice cream for a giant?! However, 3 to 4 scoops later I had the hang of it and I could easily make small or large scoops. By now, I was very impressed with the ice cream scoop. Then it was time for a real test. I went to the storage room and pulled a carton of ice cream from the chest freezer that sits at -4 F. That was hard ice cream. Let me tell you, it made absolutely no difference. The scoop went through the hard ice cream just as easily as it did the first ice cream. In fact, I was expecting more resistance so the first scoop was large. The more force you use, the large your scoop will be. A little finesse and I was making small scoops of the frozen hard ice cream.

I am thoroughly pleased with this scoop, but I'll have to see how it withstands the passing of time. The price was a little high, but to me that extra price is worth the engineering that went into this item. I highly recommend this ice cream scoop, but I caution that there is a learning curve, howbeit slight.
review image review image review image
on January 25, 2015
I love this scoop! this thing cuts its way through any type of ice cream without fail with ease. The only downfall is that you need to wash it immediately as its just a chrome covered aluminum scoop that may wear. It may not be made of stainless materials, but I would rather take a few seconds to take care of this, than break my wrist trying to use a cheap steal one. I have owned a lot of scoops, metal ones, ones with antifreeze in the handle, electric ones, spades...etc, but this one does the job the best.
on January 14, 2011
For the past 2 years, I've wasted money @ Walmart and such for ice cream scoops that break within a few months. This Wilton scoop I bought looks and feels like a quality product. Finally, I can dig into that rock hard ice cream and not worry about snapping a 2 piece cheap handle scooper. Glad I spent the money to get this one. The one piece handle can take the pressure of scooping any type of ice cream, no matter how cold I keep the freezer.
on May 12, 2010
I purchased one of these scoops a couple of years ago and it's the best for scooping hard ice cream. Makes even the hardest easy to dish out for those who can't wait for it to melt a bit. I have been looking for another to give as a gift to my in-laws and finally found it here online. I highly recommend this product and received my order quickly.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.