Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $2.89 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Wilton Orchid Supplies, Pink Pearl Dust
|Price:||$5.59 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- WILTON-Pearl Dust
- Pearl Dust creates rich highlights and can be applied either dusted or painted on. Simple instructions are included on the packaging. This package contains 0.5oz (3g) of Pearl Dust. Available in a variety of colors (each sold separately)
- Simple instructions are included on the packaging
- Give your fondant, gum paste, royal icing and molded candy melts decorations a beautiful, glittering finish
- Creates rich, lustrous highlights on flowers, bows, letters and more
- Easy to use, just brush onto your decoration with a soft artist brush
- Edible; FDA-approved
- Size: 0.05 Ounce (1,4g)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Give your fondant and gum paste decorations a beautiful, glittering finish! Wilton pearl dust creates rich, lustrous highlights on flowers, bows, letters and more. Add sparkle and fun to candy too. Easy to use, just brush onto your decoration with a soft artist brush. Or, to paint decorations pour a small amount of clear vanilla, lemon extract or vodka into a candy melting plate cavity; stir in pearl dust and brush onto your decoration.
Top customer reviews
But when this product came in the mail I was a little taken-a-back by the lightness of the product (it appears more or less like a carnation or baby girl pink rather than the hot pink showing in the phots.
But despite that, I found many uses for the pearl dust - it adds a touch of color to certain aspacts of the cake that you don't quite see with the whites, gold, and silfers...
Highly recommend you check your local Michaels or Joann's. Amazon usually has competitive prices but these are $3-4 at your local craft store - $15 is WAYY overprice on amazon.com.
Simply dip your brush (an inexpensive set of children's watercolor brushes works just fine) into a small amount of the dust and light paint it onto your finished baked goods. The effect you'll get is a gently shimmering one with a hint of the stronger color seen in the vial.
* When making cookies, I find that the shortening provides a surface with enough fat to hold onto the powder.
* I also used this in another way. I took fresh edible flowers and lightly brushed every single petal (both fronts and backs) with a mixture of beaten egg white and water. I coated them with granulated sugar and allowed them to dry. Using Wilton's Orchid Pearl Dust for the roses, I heavily stroked on the color towards the center of the flowers and used much less on the larger, outer petals. It made the roses look even better. They were placed with edible, fresh mint leaves (similarly prepared) on cupcakes. It made a spectacular presentation.
* You can create other color effects by layering the dust colors. Just think of the color wheel and the varieties are endless. For example, by layering blue and orchid dusts in different quantities, you have anything from a pale lavender to violet to fuschia.
* A light coating of the silver or gold dusts over your colored dusts yields a jeweled look.
Wilton's products are consistently good. The results never vary and are reliable. I would not hesitate to buy them.