Winchester Ranger Deluxe 19 Gun Safe
|Price:||$1,243.81 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 24 long guns
- 1 hour at 1400 degrees Fahrenheit
- External door hinge allows full fireboard protection and 180 door swing
- 12 Gauge body construction
- Granite color
- Exterior Dimensions: 60" (H) x 28" (W) x 23" (D); Interior Dimensions: 56" (H) x 25" (W) x 14" (D); Weight: 560 pounds
- Fire rating: 1 hour @ 1400 degrees Fahrenheit; Three layers of fireboard in the door; Two layers of fireboard in the body
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Winchester Ranger Deluxe 19 Gun Safe is a 1 hour UL Listed gun safe. Features include: 10 locking bolts, 24 gun capacity, 3 spoke handle, exterior hinges and more. Customers have a variety of options when choosing levels of protection. The Ranger Series gun safes combine a comprehensive list of features with an attractive price.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I first began my research looking at safes that would accommodate about 4 rifles, 4-6 handguns, and stocks of ammo and paraphernalia that goes with it. I also wanted something around 500 lbs so that two thieves would have a real struggle making off with it, but not too large so that it wouldn't fit in my office closet. The Winchester Ranger 19 fits the bill. While I believe it is made in China by Granite Security (who I assume makes safes for other name brands), it DOES have an impressive fire rating of 1400 degrees for one hour, and the quality appears excellent. And 10 1 1/4" locking bolts on all four sides -- not too shabby.
It is touted as being able to hold 24 rifles. If you had a Chinese puzzle expert to guide you, you might be able to fit 12 rifles in it, but would lose one complete side of shelving. Putting 6 rifles/shotguns on one side will be a challenge -- but not for me, as I never intend to go beyond four or five.
I SUPER ENJOYED having Amazon Prime handle all the shipping. Which of course was "free", especially when you consider how often I buy things from Prime to make up for the $79 fee each year. But do not be disillusioned -- the delivery folks will probably NOT be able to wrestle this beast anywhere past your garage. I ended up hiring two strongmen to get it into the house and into my closet. (Cost me $50.)
It arrived in perfect condition and the instruction manuals are good - especially with regard to programming the electronic lock. The manual however has a couple of flaws:
1. It doesn't even mention removing the door in order to greatly lessen the weight for moving (perhaps 200 lbs less).
2. There is no mention of any alert notification when the battery gets weak, and whether it has non-volatile memory to save your combination if the battery totally dies or when you change batteries. I will be contacting Winchester on Monday to inquire about this,
There was some reviews I had read elsewhere about the electronic lock failing after a little more than a year and the fellow was peeved over having to replace it at a cost of $50 because the warranty had expired. BE AWARE that Winchester, as of Jan 2013, now warrants the electronic lock for two years AND you can extend it 9 more years for a $75 charge. I will be taking advantage of that offer.
While my safe is occupied mostly with my guns and stuff, I am making a little room for my wife's expensive jewelry and also some important papers and passports, etc.