Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 911 reviews
on January 8, 2017
This book lost way to much in translation to English. It seemed thrown together and choppy.
on April 27, 2015
I was really hoping to tie together all the weird characters and events at some point but that didn't happen...
on August 10, 2016
Did not enjoy this book. The writing is terribly constipated. I had to force myself to finish it.
on May 14, 2016
Painfully tedious. Initially I was loving the quirky characters but that dies after about a third of the book. I'm willing to go unusual but tell a coherent story at least. 12 hours of my life I'll never get back.
on June 10, 2015
I did not enjoy this book!
It is as complex to read as a Escher painting is to look at...
Surreal......storylines that seem to go nowhere with narrative that is at times intensely boring.....Yes, the author/ translator has a great command of the English language and impressive vocabulary .......BUT too much effort to read for very little in return......
on December 28, 2015
I didn't like this book at all, I don't usually mind random things but this writer was all over the place and most of them didn't make any sense.
on December 16, 2014
Certainly not my type nof read.
on November 11, 2015
As many other reviewers have pointed out, this book created an amazing set of characters and subplots that tantalized. I kept reading with great anticipation of how it would all play out. Yet, those many characters and subplots never intersected and/or simply disappeared by the end of the book without any explanation.

As I proceeded to the final pages of the book, I held out hope for a common thread or explanation to tie the entire book together. It never happened.

Maybe I am not smart enough or spiritual enough to understand the book, but I'm so disappointed. Another reviewer said it best (I paraphrase): this is a book that will impress 20 year-olds who are all pontificating the meaning of life at a cafe.
on April 5, 2017
I was so excited to read this after it being highly recommended by a person with the same reading taste as myself; however, I was disgustingly disappointed! Murakami's writing is so dry and slow. I read the whole book waiting for it to become more interesting, and it started to pick up near the end, but then the final plot ending was so swift and ridiculous-- ridiculously boring! This was literally the most disappointing read of my life. Waste of my time, waste of my imagination, waste of my money! It's no wonder I've never heard of this book despite it having been released in the 90's. I would return this book if I had not bought it from an independent bookstore on here.
on August 31, 2015
I said to my wife with 40 pages left in the book, that this book was either the best book I'll ever read, or the worst book I've ever read. The few things that do tie out at the end , are really lame. It's like the guy got writers block, and just finished the last 2 chapters without any imagination. Unreal. Can I have my 40 hrs of my life back? The book is well written, don't get me wrong. You get invested in the stories that don't make much sense, but you feel that they will all makes sense later. I feel like it's the Lost series on TV. Great episodes, great subplots, great characters, but if you are looking for it to tie out in the end, you are going to be really disappointed. I've read the reviews here, people like to go and make up theories and piece it altogether and make them feel like they are smart because they get it and the rest of us don't. Yeah, you probably liked the play Cats too.