Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.95 shipping
WindPaddle Adventure Sail
|Price:||$160.11 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made in the USA or Imported
- Our BEST SELLING sail intended for the serious sea-kayaker. This is the sail for expeditions on big water and will be pulling hard long after you are ready to head to shore. The "Adventure" will withstand any condition you throw at it.
- The "Adventure" sail is built tough. The sturdy batten maintains sail shape in high wind conditions and allows for tight reaching, or sailing across and even slightly into the wind.
- Target boat - Touring and Expedition boats 14 - 18 feet Target wind range - 5 - 30 knots (has seen 40+ knots!) Target paddler - intermediate to expert Off-wind sailing envelope - +180 degrees
- Tech corner: Adventure Deployed diameter - 42" (106.7 cm.) Coiled/folded diameter - 15" (38.1 cm.) Sail area - 9.62 sq. ft. (0.8937 sq. m²) Weight - 13 oz. (0.37 kg.) Wind Range - 4-30+ knots of wind. (2-6 BFT)
- All WindPaddle sails launch and fly from the on-deck position. It can be set up for instant self-launching either before sailing or while out on the water so there's no need to return to shore to launch your sail!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Package Height||2 x 15 x 20 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.88 pounds|
|Size||Adventure-1 m2 / 42-Inch Diameter|
Top Customer Reviews
The sail requires a confidence building period to develop the temerity to deploy it in really high winds, but that's exactly when it functions most effectively.Read more ›
It excels at being a compact , lightweight piece of gear that is very easy to take along. If you feel like going where the wind is going or if the wind is going where you want , it is A+ in a fairly good wind. You can go off wind but I generally paddle to get me precisely where I'm going after riding with the wind. I added better clips, a compression strap & a carabiner to make it work best for me. I've sailed a canoe for 20+ years with leeboards & a lanteen rig & I did not want all that . I like it and it is close to being mostly what I wanted. It's simple to carry, set up & fold away. The more I use it , the more I like it.
When you don't need it, you can get the WindPaddle out of the way by folding it, folding is very easy once you get the hang of it -- for that, though, I needed the YouTube video as the written instructions didn't quite do the trick. You definitely need to make sure you can fold the WindPaddle on land, trying to learn it at sea is not recommended.
I love this tiny and useful little sail, I had only one real issue with it: using it out of the box, one of the strings got untied while sailing and I didn't expect to have to figure out how to tie it back at sea. So maybe it makes sense to check all the knots if they hold before embarking.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is great fun. It was easy to use. If only there was a way to go up wind. Had to paddle my way back.Published 1 month ago by David Van Dyk
We just bought 3 of these sails (newer 47" model with a flatter profile) to use with our iSUPs (while seated on inflatable kayak seats) and my son's kayak. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Chantal Brunelle
My wife and I used the smallest version of these sails on a 6-day kayak/camping trip in the fjords of northern Patagonia in Chile and they were wonderful—easy to snap open, adjust... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Dan Connell
You're not going to break any speed records with this but it is fun. It's somewhat difficult to fold especially under stressful circumstances but a nice break for going long... Read morePublished 11 months ago by phill072000
Well built, simple design, very lite weight, and just fits in my inflatable stand up surf board bag. Looking forward to trying it this summer.Published 17 months ago by P Shanteau
Need much higher winds than what they say. Works ok. Ease of use is great.Published 20 months ago by sophia