Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on March 10, 2017
Windeye is a collection of speculative short stories. It doesn't fit the questions asked -- it's not in "the mold". And thank goodness. This collection was my introduction to Brian Evenson's genius -- we read it as a Literary Darkness Good Reads choice. Among my favorites was "The Tunnel" and "Angel of Death" which reminded me of poem by Steven Crane ("There Were Many". This collection I won't part with, and I'm now going on to read more of Evenson's work, sorry that I come late to the party.
on September 10, 2012
I've never hidden my love for the work of Brian Evenson. In fact, overly enthusiastic may be a good way to describe my infatuation. His stories are like none other, both in concept and execution. So, know that this review of Windeye, Evenson's latest story collection, comes to you with a deep history of appreciation. You aren't getting a first-time reader here. You are getting a fan's true perspective. With that being said, WHAT A DAMN FINE BOOK!

I expand on this review in video format at my YouTube channel. Search YouTube for calebjross.
on February 5, 2014
I am a convert to Mr Evensons stories. Absolutely brilliant literary horror. The stories are so peculiar and wide ranging. Often dealing with uncanny feelings of identity and personhood. Brilliant and terrifying.
on May 8, 2014
I received this in great condition, some minor use was noted though. it was a great read. I had to get it for a class but i recommend this for anyone interested in science fiction. If you like twilight zone, are you afraid of the dark? and goosebumps, then you should definitely read this book.
on September 18, 2014
Bad writing. Weird for the sake of being weird.....bad Poe knockoff.