Windmill (DB-400) 400W 12V Wind Turbine Generator kit
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ✅ FEATURES: Made for both land and marine. Integrated automatic braking system to protect from sudden and high wind speed. Easy DIY installation methods with all materials provided. Can be used in conjunction with solar panels. MPPT Maximum power point tracking built into the wind turbine generator. Made with high quality Polypropylene and Glass Fiber material with a weather resistant seal.
- ✅ PROTECTION AGAINST: Salt water corrosion, UV protection coating, Sudden voltage surge and wind gust, high wind speeds with integrated automatic braking system + manual braking switch and over charging of battery.
- ✅ SPECIFICATION: Rated power: 400W, Rated speed: 28 mph, Voltage system: 12V, Cut-in wind speed: 6.7mph, Suggested battery capacity: 50A or larger, Number of blades: 3, Rotor diameter: 4 ft and Light weight: 25 lb.
- ✅ INCLUDES: 1 x Center piece + tail (including generator + MPPT), 3 x Blades, 1 x Nose cone, 1 x Manual brake switch + voltmeter display box, 9 x Hex bolts (Large), 2 x Hex bolts (Small), 1 x Hex key, 11 x Nuts, 20 x Washers, 1 x Unilateral open wrench and 1 x Operational installation manual.
- ✅ WARRANTY: 1 Year manufactures warranty.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
WindMill 400W Wind Turbine
The 400W wind turbine is our economy level wind turbine, made specifically for off-grid residential use in mind. Its DIY set-up instructions and with all the materials needed provided for, you will be able to set the wind turbine up in no time at all. The 400W wind turbine is durable, low maintenance and the lightest wind turbine in our line up of wind turbine having weighing at only 16.8 lbs. Coated with special high weather tolerant protection spray to protect the wind turbine from the elements such as rain and salt water from the sea. It is a completely self-sustaining stand-alone device that will continuously generates 100% clean GREEN renewable energy, without you being present or around it. The Charge Controller of the 400W wind turbine is built within the wind turbine itself. The Charge Controller is specially designed for each individual wind turbine, the special design allows you to get the most power out of the wind turbine as well as to protect your wind turbine from overcharging.
- Rated power: 400W
- Rated speed: 46 ft/s
- Voltage system: 12V
- Cut-in wind speed: 6.7mph
- Suggested battery capacity: 50A or larger
- Number of blades: 3
- Rotor diameter: 4 ft
- Light weight: 16,8 lbs.
- 1 x Center piece + tail (including generator + MPPT)
- 3 x Blades
- 1 x Nose cone
- 1 x Manual brake switch + voltmeter display box
- 9 x Hex bolts (Large)
- 2 x Hex bolts (Small)
- 1 x Hex key
- 11 x Nuts
- 20 x Washers
- 1 x Unilateral open wrench
- 1 x Operational installation manual
✅ WARRANTY: 1 Year manufactures warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A couple of issues. Since on sunny days my solar panel keeps my 360 amp-hours of batteries fully charged, the MPPT charge controller built-in to the wind turbine would still allow momentary voltage spikes up to 18 volts. Thinking this might not be great for the batteries, I added a second MPPT charge controller (Morningstar) after the wind turbine and that does a complete job of regulating the level of charge in the batteries not exceeding around 14 volts. If your situation is where the batteries are not typically kept fully charged then this might not be an issue for you. The second issue was how the seller handled a bearing failure 10 days into service for the new turbine. Manufacturing defects and part failures are an inevitable reality in any sort of small manufacturing business and here the seller handled the problem I think very professionally. I sent a couple of photos of the problem, and then was asked to return the unit to southern California for replacement. The same day it was received the seller shipped out a totally new replacement unit. In my mind, the seller turned this problem into an advantage. So, excellent product for my needs and nice to know that the support is there when it's needed.
First, the DB-400 comes well packaged, easy installation instructions and is well built. I installed it on a 20' tall truss and our cottage on top of a 15' cliff with direct and open line of sight to the open water, thus no dirty air. (Air impacted by trees, buildings, etc...). With the tower 35' above the water, we probably have ideal conditions for a wind turbine.
Second, temper your expectations. This wind turbine needs a good gust of breeze to start. A gentle breeze will not start the turbine spinning, but may keep it running once started. This surprised me, because the product description states it will start in 'as' little as 6mph. I have yet to see that. Unless you have a good stiff breeze or gust, it will just sit idle.
Third. This is a sticky point, because nowhere in the description or on line can I find the amp output. It says it can produce up to 400 watts, but that does little food in calculating the impact on a off-grid system. I was very disappointed to see that even in high winds of more than 20mph the turbine only produces at best 5amps of power.
I have an 8 x 100 watt panel solar system that feeds into a 700 amp-hour battery bank. I added the wind turbine to augment the system at night and on cloudy days. It does very little. I would need several more wind turnbines to really make much of a difference.
The noise level for the first few days was disturbing, but now that it is broken in, the sound is more like a howling wind. Not bad, but you do hear it in the cottage.
Note, it does not come with the solar fuses. I used 20 amp fuses, but doubt that they would ever blow with this wind turnbine, because best case it only provides a 1/4 of the maximum.
I'm adding several photos.
This was my first attempt at getting power from the wind. The kit is user friendly in size and packaging, a hobby-type generator. Beautiful functional design that simply works.
The biggest challenge is location and creating a sturdy tower 20 to 30 feet high. We used our planter boxes and rigged it like a sailboat, see picture . So far so good and soon with some wind it might actually generate power and augment my solar array. Would recommend for someone who would like to experiment with green power. Yes I'd buy it again.