|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||36 x 3 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||VC-PRBL36024|
|Size||36 Inch x 24 Feet|
|Color||Blue & Silver (Inside)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Installation Tools|
BDF PRBL Window Film Premium Color High Heat Control and Daytime Privacy Blue (36in X 24ft)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- VIBRANT BLUE SHADE that is perfect for giving your windows a modern look with a luxurious finish. Silver side faces in, and the blue side faces out.
- EXCELLENT HEAT REJECTION that helps reduce cooling costs especially during the summer with effective blocking of harmful solar rays. NOT RECOMMENDED for DUAL PANE WINDOWS.
- STRONG ADHESIVES to last many years. For easier installation, remember to use A LOT of soap/water mixture to soak both the adhesive side and window. This is installed on the interior side of the window.
- HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE films that are sensitive by nature. Please remember to take caution when handling the film as the slightest fold will create a permanent wrinkle.
- FREE TOOLS AND EASY INSTALLATION GUIDE to make installation DIY-friendly. Make sure window surface is completely clean and absolutely free of any blemishes.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
EXCELLENT DAYTIME PRIVACY
Promote a calm, serene lifestyle with Buydecorativefilm's Premium Blue Color window film. When applied to the window, the film's intense blue color on the outside with a reflective silver finish on the inside provide the window with a shiny blue tint for effective daytime privacy. Whether it's for your home or office, shield your interior and protect your private life from unwanted onlookers that are passing by during the day while maintaining clear visibility so that you can still see out the window.
Here are some additional comments about our product:
- BE AWARE, as the name suggests, the privacy-effect works during DAYTIME only!
- The side exposed to the most light will produce a more reflective appearance.
- Therefore, the privacy-effect will become reversed at night since the interior will be exposed to more light than the exterior.
- Window film is to be applied on the inside of your window (again, NOT RECOMMENDED FOR DUAL PANE).
- Perfect for living arrangements where you want to prevent nosy people from looking through your window during the day while maintaining exposure to sunlight but have curtains or blinds to use at night.
REFLECTIVE ON THE SIDE WITH GREATEST LIGHT
As stated above, the side with the most amount of light will become reflective! Therefore, the effect of any reflective, privacy enhancing window film will greatly depend on the lighting conditions. This is why the privacy-effect works so great during the day, and almost not at all at night, because the sun usually makes the exterior of your building much, much brighter than the interior of your building. At night, you will most likely have your room well-lit and the outside will be much darker, making it easy for people to see in and hard for you to see out. However, coupled with the use of curtains or blinds for night-time privacy, the reflective property of this window film is perfect for windows that face directly into the sun and are exposed to extreme sunlight!
MAINTAIN COOLNESS, REDUCE COOLING COSTS, and PROTECT YOUR INTERIOR
Not only does the Premium Blue Color window film provide great daytime privacy, but it also has excellent heat rejecting properties that keeps the interior of your home or office building cool. The dark blue tint literally adds a sense of coolness merely not with its color but with its functionality by blocking hot solar rays from entering through your window. It also rejects about 99% of the UV rays, helping to reduce fadings on your precious furniture or other UV sensitive belongings. Promote a more environmentally aware lifestyle by reducing cooling costs. The window film's heat blocking nature rejects about 79% of the total solar energy coming in from the sun. By maintaining your room at a cool, moderate temperature, you can reduce energy usage and help create a greener world.
For first-timers, it might initially seem confusing to make the window film stick to the window, but it’s actually really simple! Use two pieces of tape to grab onto one of the corners on each side of the film. Once you start pulling apart the tape, the backing liner should start to peel off from the window film itself. Remember to closely follow the installation manual and use lots of soapy water to prevent the film from sticking everywhere.
INSTALLATION GUIDE INCLUDED!
Our products come with the tools needed to get your job done and an installation guide is included to help you with a smooth installation process. With the right amount of care, practice, and patience, both installation and removal of the film should be simple and easy.
MANY SIZES to SUIT YOUR NEEDS
Whether your windows are small, big, wide, or narrow, our products come in a variety of sizes to suit your individual needs. It is usually recommended and sometimes necessary that you have more than enough film to cover the window so that you have a bigger margin for error and can trim/cut off the excess pieces as you install.
Compare with similar items
Gila Heat Control Platinum Adhesive Residential DIY Window Film Sun Blocking Glare Reduction 3ft x 15ft (36in x 180in)
Gila Heat Control Platinum Static Cling Residential DIY Window Film Sun Blocking Glare Reduction 3ft x 6.5ft (36in x 78in)
Gila Heat Control Light Gray Adhesive Residential DIY Window Film Sun Blocking 3ft x 15ft (36in x 180in)
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Blue & Silver (Inside)||Platinum||Platinum||Light|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 36 x 3 in||2.38 x 36.75 x 2 in||2.38 x 36.62 x 2 in||5.25 x 36.75 x 2 in|
|Item Weight||1 lb||1.01 lbs||—||5.46 lbs|
|Size||36 Inch x 24 Feet||36" x 15'||36" x 6.5'||36" x 15'|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some things I learned that I'd like to share:
1. Make sure you clean the application surface very well; don't neglect corners and edges! Dirty/soapy water pooled in the bottom corners of my slider and caused the film to bubble up. My fault. I had to cut it a little extra film off to fix the problem.
2. If you're applying the film to a large window, only partially remove the clear backing (remove as you go) so you don't end up getting the film stuck to itself! This almost happened to me!
3. Know when to call it. After getting the film cut and almost perfect, like an idiot, I dragged my finger down the edge to smooth out some microbubbles and ended up just bunching the material up and having to re-squeegee the film in place where I messed with it.
4. Having a long straight edge will really make cutting the film to size a much easier/cleaner task.
5. Don't apply too much pressure when removing excess film with the razor. Anything more than a light hand will cut the film, yes, but you'll end up with a handful of rubber weather stripping when you're finished as well.
All-in-all, this stuff is excellent for keeping the heat out, and I love that nobody is able to see inside my house when the blinds are open. Also, the mistakes I made on the edges are impossible to see from the exterior of the house, and only visible upon close scrutiny from indoors. If you follow the directions, you won't be disappointed with the results.
I also would not recommend the Gilla Application Kit. Or if you do choose to buy it, I suggest you purchase a better knife. The one that came in the kit was super dull and made it nearly impossible to cut it perfectly to the window. I actually have to redo the window pictured due to the poor quality of the razor blades (but you can't tell from the outside).
compared to a smaller window that is partially filmed. Clean your window thoroughly follow the directions and be patient...oh an measure twice lol.
The directions at TAP Plastics (no affiliation, other than being a repeat customer) are much better
tapplastics dot com slash product/window_films/window_tint_films/solar_control_window_films/315
Not sure if the material is any better at TAP. Don't make the mistake I made of installing film on the outside (of a single pane slanted pop-out bay window behind kitchen counter). The film cracked and peeled in less than a year.
These instructions don't warn against that, although, the video does show installing from the inside.
TAP on the other, for example, hand specifies installing on the inside + many other tips you would never think of.
I'd like to note... After I installed it (which I was VERY cautious about because I'm incompetent) there was a "haze" or "fog" between the film and glass... Assuming from the soapy water it told me to use or the adhesive.
DO NOT WORRY! If you washed the window well and followed all the other instructions, it goes away! HORRAY! Very clear, no bubbles...
I'M PROUD OF MYSELF, OK?!