Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Leonard Cohen Shop Cycling on Amazon

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2010 10:08:27 AM PST
Rick Hemmert says:
Anyone have any first-hand info of how this works with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS? It's a new high-end Dell.

Posted on Apr 4, 2010 4:15:30 AM PDT
A. Schafer says:
it worked fine on my custom pc .

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 6:04:37 AM PDT
Tim Adams says:
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and FO3 runs great right out of the box. Having 12 GB of RAM and a high end video card doesn't hurt either. Make sure you get the latest drivers for your video card before you install FO3.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013 1:55:32 AM PDT
M. Turner says:
I've had three different pc's with win 7 pro 64 bit and fallout 3 worked fine on them all, including a 4.1 ghz i7 with 16gb of ram and a nvidia Gtx 690 card, a 3.2 ghz i7 w/16 gb ram and an ati Radeon hd6950, and a 2.4 ghz core 2 duo with 4 gb memory and three different card video cards over it's lifetime. That being said there are a couple of minor ini file changes like the limiting the max AI threads to 2 and a couple to force video settings if you certain issues. Adding unofficial modes like those from fallout 3 nexus and other sites can drastically alter it's behavior. I've had my install go from running perfectly, to crashing every 15 minutes to not even starting and back again in the same day by installing and removing the wrong mods.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about