Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.50 shipping
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit, System Builder OEM DVD 1 Pack (New Packaging)
|Price:||$102.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$17.00 (14%)|
- NOTE: The product key is a 25-digit string with a hyphen between each 5 digits. It will say "Product Key" before 25 digits or have an image of a key next to 10 digits with the remaining 15 on the next line below and this Product Key is generally located in the lower left corner of the DVD case, on the disc itself, or on a leaflet in the packaging you received.
- This operating system is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 when available. More details below.
- Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often.
- Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation.
- This OEM Windows product IS NOT an upgrade product. This Windows product does not come with Microsoft support and requires a clean install, which is complicated and will not save anything currently on the computer.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows software and cannot be transferred to another computer once it is installed. To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package "Retail" product offerings.
More work, more play, and more of everything in between. Click to enlarge.
The best entertainment experience on your PC
Easiest Windows to use ever
- Simplify your PC with new navigation features like Aero Shake, Jump Lists, and Snap.
- Customize Windows to look and feel the way you like by changing themes and taskbar programs.
- Setting up a home network and connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
- Windows 7 Home Premium supports the latest hardware and software.
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory.
- Connecting to wireless networks is fast and easy.
Best PC entertainment experience
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV with Windows Media Center.
- Blu-ray read/write support for data files.
- Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
Simplifies Everyday Tasks
Simple to use
Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows.
Open files and get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar. You can easily pin programs you use often to the taskbar and launch them in just one click.
Windows 7 lets you peek behind open windows to get a quick look at your desktop. Click to enlarge.
Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC right from the Start menu with Windows Search. Click to enlarge.
Turn your PC into a TV with Windows Media Center, and enjoy your favorite videos and music with Windows Media Player. Click to enlarge.
Open files you use regularly in just two clicks with Jump Lists on the improved taskbar and Start menu.
Windows 7 has simple new ways to manage open windows. For example, with Snap you can arrange two windows side-by-side just by dragging them to opposite sides of your screen.
Peek and Shake
Windows 7 lets you peek behind open windows to get a quick look at your desktop.
Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC, from documents to emails to songs, right from the Start menu, with Windows Search.
Easy to connectWireless setup
With Windows 7, setting up wireless connections is easier with consistent, one-click connections to available networks, whether those networks are based on Wi-Fi, mobile broadband, dial-up, or corporate VPN.
Connect Windows 7 PCs on a home network in just four clicks and easily get to the photos, music, and files on each one--even share printers--with HomeGroup.
Easy to browse the web
Internet Explorer 8
Visual search helps you quickly find the information you want by adding visual cues and previews to search results from top search providers including Live Search, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Amazon, and others.
Internet Explorer 8
Use Web slices to conveniently keep up with changes on frequently updated websites, like eBay auctions or traffic sites, directly from the IE8 toolbar.
Easy to communicate and share
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live Photo Gallery makes share your photos to your favorite photo site easy.
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail makes managing multiple email accounts easy.
Windows Live Family Safety
Keep your child safe by managing what sites they can visit and who they can send/receive emails and im communications from.
Note: Windows Live components need to be downloaded separately.
Works The Way You Want
Faster and More ReliableWindows 7 will help your PC sleep and resume more quickly. It is designed to respond to commands more quickly and will help your PC to be more reliable.
Fewer clicks and less interruptions
Makes New Things Possible
Media on your terms
Windows Media Center
Turn your PC into a TV with Windows Media Center.
Windows Media Center
Watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV.
DirectX 11 technology delivers breathtaking game graphics so real, it's unreal.
New ways to engage
Windows Touch makes PCs with touch screens easier and more intuitive to use.
Media on your terms
Windows Media Player
More and more consumer electronics, from TVs to digital photo frames, can be connected to home networks. With Play To in Windows 7, you'll be able to easily send music, photos, videos from your PC to a networked device throughout your home.
You can enjoy the photos, music, and videos on your home PC when you're away from home with remote media streaming.
Location Aware Printing
Windows 7 will automatically pick the right printer for you when you move from home to work networks.
Work anywhere with less effort.
- Instantly locate virtually any file, email, or document on your PC just by typing a word or two.
- Get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar.
- Open programs you use regularly in one click and files you use regularly in just two.
- Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows.
- Manage multiple email accounts, including Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo! Mail Plus, all in one place with one simple program.
- Get to the files, photos, and music on any PC with Windows 7 in the house from any other.
- Print to any printer in the house from any PC with Windows 7 in the house.
Safeguard your hard work.
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 helps keep your PC safer from malware and you safer from fraudulent websites designed to fool you into divulging private information.
Choose the Windows 7 Edition That Is Best For You
Click the link to the right for full package "Retail" Windows that includes Microsoft Product Support
|Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation.|| |
|Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often.|| |
|Make your web experience faster, easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8.|| |
|Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV on your PC.|| |
|Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup.|| |
|Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.|
|Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join.|
|In addition to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions, you can back up to a home or business network.|
|Help protect data on your PC and portable storage devices against loss or theft with BitLocker.|
|Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages.|
Windows 10 product upgrade limitations:
Style: Frustration-Free Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
So I copied all of my picture and document files off of the computer onto an external hard drive and booted this DVD. It only took about 10 minutes to install Windows 7 and yes, the hardest part is reading the micro type on the password key to unlock the copy of Windows. I took a picture with my iPhone and then zoomed in to read the numbers but even with that one number was VERY hard to read. After activation I spent the next hour or so configuring the computer, and I used Windows Easy Transfer (another free program from Microsoft) to move all the files over.
Windows 7 is a great OS -- I didn't want to mess around with Windows 8.1 .... this disk is only usable on ONE computer and once you use the key there, it is forever locked to that computer's motherboard, so don't think you can install this on all the computers in your house.
For me this was easier than going through the hassle of ordering a new computer but I might regret that decision down the road since I just dropped $100 onto a pretty old computer.... but for now I'm very happy with how Windows 7 is performing and how easy it was to install on my old computer.
Since I couldn't return it I went to a different buyer. Very disappointed.
I wanted to "contact seller" but that isn't an option on this item. My only option was to do a return for credit and try to find it elsewhere.
After quite a bit of frustration, I contacted Microsoft directly. After an hour or so of confirming my "good faith" purchase, they created a new/valid activation code that worked.
DO NOT SEARCH on the web or you will likely end up with a fraudulent support center (NOT MS) that will try to remote in and install a bot. Instead click on Start and, in the text entry block, enter: SLUI 4 (then click on the OK/RUN button). Answer the question about country and it will return a support phone number. Follow the prompts and Bob's your Uncle.
Needless to say I purchased this Windows 7 Home Premium. Now I compared the differences between the versions but apparently not well enough. Turns out this version limits you to using 16GB RAM. My new computer had 8GB x 4 for 32 GBs of RAM. Under computer properties its says 32GB memory(16GB usable).
I then proceeded to downloaded a cracked version of Windows Ultimate x64 which uses all 32GBs. If I saw this limiting feature in the comparison list I would have sprung for Ultimate, but there's no way I'm buying this, and then spending close to 200 bucks for Ultimate just so I can use the RAM my computer came with. Nope, nuh uh, aint happening.
So basically Windows 7 Home Premium is a fine OS but has more limitations than whats listed in this Amazon chart, the memory thing being one of them. Side note: Windows Ultimate is awesome as it welcomes my 32GB RAM into its warm embrace.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought for grandson. He said works fine for his needs. He is 16 and is advanced high school. He built his own computer so assume he knows.Published 1 hour ago by betty blaylock
Personally, I believe Home Premium is the best version of Windows 7 since it comes with everything that you need if your a Home user or a light to moderate gamer. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Brendan Ryan
Great price. just what I needed to repair my computer. I hate windows 10Published 12 days ago by Jackson Fisher