- Product Dimensions: 8 x 1 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00H09BO2M
- Item model number: FQC-08279
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 1, 2013
- Average Customer Review: 311 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #587 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (OEM) System Builder DVD 1 Pack (New Packaging)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- This operating system is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 when available. More details below.
- Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation.
- Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join.
- This OEM Windows product IS NOT an upgrade product. This Windows product does not come with Microsoft support and requires a clean install, which is complicated and will not save anything currently on the computer.
- System Builder OEM Windows is intended for Pre-Install on a new PC. This product ships in a white envelope. See below for more details.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows software and cannot be transferred to another computer once it is installed. To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package "Retail" product offerings.
Looking for your product key? The product key is a 25-digit string with a hyphen between each 5 digits. It will say "Product Key" before 25 digits or have an image of a key next to 10 digits with the remaining 15 on the next line below. The Product Key is generally located in the lower left corner of the DVD case, on the disc itself, or on a leaflet in the packaging you received.
From the Manufacturer
With Windows 7 Professional, fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode and recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network. You can also connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely with Domain Join. With all the exciting entertainment features of Windows Home Premium, it's a great choice for home and for business. Need to use multiple languages on your PC or help protect your data with enhanced BitLocker security? Get Windows 7 Ultimate.
More work, more play, and more of everything in between. Click to enlarge.
Everything you need for work and home
Simplifies everyday tasks
- Improved desktop navigation features like Snap, Peek and Shake, make it easier to manage all of your open windows.
- Creating a home network has never been easier. You can even share files and printers with all the PCs with Windows 7 on the network.
- Find virtually anything on your PC – from documents to songs to email – just by typing a word or two with Windows Search.
Works the way you want
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Takes full advantage of the power and multi-tasking capabilities of the latest 64-bit PCs.
Makes new things possible
- Watch, pause, rewind and record TV with Windows Media Center.
- Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
Simplifies Everyday Tasks
Simple to use
Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows.
Open files and get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar. You can easily pin programs you use often to the taskbar and launch them in just one click.
Windows 7 lets you peek behind open windows to get a quick look at your desktop. Click to enlarge.
Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC right from the Start menu with Windows Search. Click to enlarge.
Turn your PC into a TV with Windows Media Center, and enjoy your favorite videos and music with Windows Media Player. Click to enlarge.
Open files you use regularly in just two clicks with Jump Lists on the improved taskbar.
Windows 7 has simple new ways to manage open windows. For example, with Snap you can arrange two windows side-by-side just by dragging them to opposite sides of your screen.
Peek and Shake
Windows 7 lets you peek behind open windows to get a quick look at your desktop.
Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC, from documents to emails to songs, right from the Start menu, with Windows Search.
Easy to connectWireless setup
With Windows 7, setting up wireless connections is easier with consistent, one-click connections to available networks, whether those networks are based on Wi-Fi, mobile broadband, dial-up, or corporate VPN.
Connect Windows 7 PCs on a home network in just four clicks and easily get to the photos, music, and files on each one--even share printers--with HomeGroup.
Easy to browse the web
Internet Explorer 8
Visual search helps you quickly find the information you want by adding visual cues and previews to search results from top search providers including Live Search, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Amazon, and others.
Internet Explorer 8
Use Web slices to conveniently keep up with changes on frequently updated websites, like eBay auctions or traffic sites, directly from the IE8 toolbar.
Easy to communicate and share
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live Photo Gallery makes share your photos to your favorite photo site easy.
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail makes managing multiple email accounts easy.
Windows Live Family Safety
Keep your child safe by managing what sites they can visit and who they can send/receive emails and im communications from.
Note: Windows Live components need to be downloaded separately.
Works The Way You Want
Faster and More Reliable
Resume from sleep
We designed Windows 7 to help PCs sleep and resume from sleep more quickly by improving the way Windows 7 manages drivers, programs, and power.
Faster and more reliable
We reduced the amount of memory your PC needs for open windows and to execute commands to help it be more responsive to commands.
Fewer clicks and less interruptions
Makes New Things Possible
Media on your terms
Windows Media Center
Turn your PC into a TV with Windows Media Center.
Windows Media Center
Watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV.
DirectX 11 technology delivers breathtaking game graphics so real, it's unreal.
New ways to engage
Windows Touch makes PCs with touch screens easier and more intuitive to use.
Media on your terms
Windows Media Player
More and more consumer electronics, from TVs to digital photo frames, can be connected to home networks. With Play To in Windows 7, you'll be able to easily send music, photos, videos from your PC to a networked device throughout your home.
You can enjoy the photos, music, and videos on your home PC when you're away from home with remote media streaming.
Location Aware Printing
Windows 7 will automatically pick the right printer for you when you move from home to work networks.
Work anywhere with less effort.
- Get connected in three clicks wherever there's a wireless network connection.
- Keep documents on your PC and on network servers in sync automatically.
- Your PC will automatically use the printer you prefer for whatever network you're on.
- Simplify making presentations special settings that keep your PC from sleeping and turn off messages, notifications, and screen savers.
- Instantly locate virtually any file, email, or document on your PC just by typing a word or two.
- Get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar.
- Open programs you use regularly in one click and files you use regularly in just two.
- Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows.
- Manage multiple email accounts, including Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo! Mail Plus, all in one place with one simple program.
- Get to the files, photos, and music on any PC with Windows 7 in the house from any other.
- Print to any printer in the house from any PC with Windows 7 in the house.
Safeguard your hard work.
- Advanced Backup and Restore makes it easier to keep your work safely backed up to external or network drives and accessible if you need it.
- File encryption helps keep proprietary and confidential information on a PC secure if it is lost or stolen.
- Preserve your investment in programs designed for Windows XP with Windows XP Mode.
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 helps keep your PC safer from malware and you safer from fraudulent websites designed to fool you into divulging private information.
- Easily add your PC to a secured, managed, network with domain join capabilities.
- Group policy controls help administrators more easily and effectively manage the security and configuration of multiple PCs.
Choose the Windows 7 Edition That Is Best For You
Click the link to the right for full package "Retail" Windows that includes Microsoft Product Support
|Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation.|| |
|Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often.|| |
|Make your web experience faster, easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8.|| |
|Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV on your PC.|| |
|Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup.|| |
|Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.|
|Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join.|
|In addition to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions, you can back up to a home or business network.|
|Help protect data on your PC and portable storage devices against loss or theft with BitLocker.|
|Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages.|
Windows 10 product upgrade limitations:
Platform: PC Disc | Edition: Frustration-Free Packaging
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Changed to 1 star, since that's what people look at the most:
Do NOT buy if it's coming from "Big Buys". I've bought several copies recently; anything coming straight from Amazon is legit, but I got couple of couple from Big Buys that were definitely pulled from other systems. This has caused me two issues up front: it's hard to avoid ripping the CoA sticker when removing it from the shrink wrap they use. One of the keys had to be activated over the phone. In the long term, I get the added benefit(lulz) of possibly having these keys deactivate sometime in the future.
Sorry for assuming people didn't know how to key in some numbers and letters. Don't trust third-party software vendors on Amazon!
These are legitimate - sealed - copies of Windows 7 Professional(which can be used to activate Windows 7 Pro x64, FYI). I suspect the people that are experiencing issues may be having a hard time reading the even tinier product keys supplied on the slim copies. Make sure you aren't confusing 'B' for '8' or 'P' for 'R'. If Microsoft told you it was an invalid key, you're likely telling them the wrong set of characters; if someone had broken the seal and used the key, it'd still be a valid key.
That said, I did have issues with copies of Kaspersky I'd bought on Amazon already being activated. In Amazon's defense, it was one of those items that was fulfilled by Amazon but sold by another company. You never know, I guess, but I received copies that activated just fine.
I was a little upset when I found out that you could not Upgrade XP with Windows 7 directly. It requires some careful planning and re-installation of your Programs. Happy to say, I accomplished this in about 3 hours, the Upgrade to Windows 7 was Successful. I have a few updated Windows 7 Drivers I need to install, but I am basically done. Use the Windows Easy Transfer Program to a USB Drive, this is a must... Good Luck with your Install !
Since the Review (Buyers Take Note...)
My Windows 7 Software after a week of flawless installation, asked for an Activation Key.
I did not have a Activation Key in the Package, or anywhere I could find.
I called Microsoft, and they built me a Activation Key based on the numbers that were printed on the CD for a charge of $40.00. I am passed the problem, but my advice is if you purchase this software be sure you have a Activation Key before you get started.
Found a way to to give you a view of the packaging so you know what to expect if you order this product. See Video.