Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Windows 8 Quick Reference Guide (Cheat Sheet of Instructions, Tips & Shortcuts - Laminated)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on February 8, 2013
Understand, I hate Windows 8. So it's a relief to know that this four-sided, 8"x 11" laminated card simplifies the basics, better than I've ever read anywhere else. Focus is on the desktop, and it will be familiar to Win7 users. However, enough is said about the Modern/Metro/whatever-they-call-it-now functions, to make one acclimate.

Microsoft should just buy a bizillion of these and ship one out per OS. They'd hear fewer complaints, if they did!
22 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
I bought this reference sheet along with "Windows for Dummies". We use the later rather than this sheet. The basic problem with the sheet is that the type is just too small and it is hard to find information. I would suggest that you skip buying it and just buy one of the reference books available for Windows 8. My recommendation is "Windows for Dummies".
on March 7, 2013
I ordered a Windows 8 reference card for a family member , a new computer user, who has a newer computer than I do. When I ordered the reference sheet for that person, I decided it would be interesting to order one for myself. I have used windows xp and all earlier versions, and consider myself a very experienced computer user. I did find a couple things on the reference sheet that I did not know. For a new user, this would be a very handy reference sheet covering all the basics.
on May 14, 2013
Four pages of all the information to organize, manage files, create folders, creating shortcuts, troubleshooting and lots more at a great price. Laminated, waterproof and easy to read. You can't beat this with a stick.
on April 14, 2013
This isn't very much like other cheat sheets I've purchased. The text is very tiny so it isn't really suitable for the older relative that I bought it for. It covers too many obscure items and doesn't cover the most necessary ones well enough for my taste. Your mileage may vary.
on February 16, 2013
this is a major help in keeping up with technology. by having it at my fingertips, I don't have to worry about trying to remember what's the shortcut for the next step.
on February 25, 2013
This is a handy tool to use with Windows 8. It is brief, but gets you started, and a nice reminder when you want to repeat the task.
on March 23, 2013
Very good. Keep it on my desk all the time. OK.
What else do you want me to say anyway.
on February 21, 2013
I purchased this same type of card for Windows 7 and was very happy I did. I love the quick reference for jogging my memory. Loved it so much I was excited to see they did one for Windows 8. Thank you for this handy quick reference!
This is a very handy 4 page laminated Windows 8.0. For me, I keep this in my Mead storage bin on my desk so it is always there should I need it. This guide is wonderful because it has IMPORTANT things right there and you are new to Windows 8, you will need this reference guide - it is so so helpful!

****Best thing in this reference: The first page begins with Starting Windows, The Start Screen, Windows Store Apps and Desktop Apps, Accessing the Desktop (the one that looks like Windows 7), and so many things you will do on a Windows 8 session. Also, on the right of the first page, highlighted in blue is Top 8 Things You Need To Know, this gives you shortcut keys. This alone is worth the price of this reference guide.

The only thing I do not like about this is the text is so small. When I read this, I sometimes use my large magnifying glass from my drawer or use my reading glasses to see the text clearer.

However, the info on this guide is very helpful and easy to follow.