Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon March 8, 2015
Still reading the book but one thing I am finding VERY frustrating is none of the QR codes (or the Bitly addresses below them) are functional. They all go to error pages. I'm hoping the publisher sees this review and gets them fixed so readers can watch the videos. I will check them again and update my review when I'm done reading the book.
review image
11 comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 6, 2016
Amazing. Going back to school in my old age, and therefore, working as a server. This book is truly well-organized and has everything you could need. Knowing the basics of regions and types of grapes makes everything so much easier. Made every other wine book I bought obsolete. Only thing is the links to the expanded coverage no longer work, but it doesn't matter. If you go to YouTube, Zraly has more than a few fun to watch videos with Oz Clarke that will be well worth your time.

I find myself reading this just for fun.
on November 2, 2009
This is a great introduction for anyone new to wine, as I was. This is not intended to be the most complete reference for all wine, but is instead a colorful, focused, entertaining overview of wine today. Each chapter focuses on a different region or type of wine, providing background information on each wine area, the author's favorite wineries/producers from the area, a sample tasting (he picks several wines for you to try and also suggests alternatives if you can't find those particular bottles) and a quiz at the end to help you retain some of that information. A great book for any wine lover!
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 31, 2016
A fine basic course.Very easy to use, accurate, and concise. While it does not cover every wine produced by a wide margin, I would suggest this to anyone seeking to learn the fundamentals of wine production, distribution, serving, and enjoying. Can't beat the buy it used price either....;)
on December 27, 2016
I have used this book for twenty plus years for training wait staff and bartender in the country's best restaurants. A classic !
on June 10, 2017
This book will teach you the way to taste wine in order to fully enjoy it and then be able to select the wines you really like. Moreover, it will tell you in a very engaging and efficient way about the different types of wines in each country and each region, so that you can make educated wine selections. It will also give you a general background on wine making and grape varieties.

Highly recommended if you want to fully appreciate the wines you're drinking.
on April 1, 2016
In addition to my 8-week wine course, I've bought other wine books after taking a very helpful course. Not sure anything I've invested in is better than this book by Kevin Zraly. Having it handy to reference blows other such books away and serves me better than trying to recall all learned at my course - and at 1/15th of my other educational expenses!
on April 14, 2016
This is a very nice book with one very major flaw - all of the internet links do not work because the publisher allowed their bit.ly links to lapse. A big oversight.
Still, if you want to learn wines this is a great place to start. I would buy it again even without the links but I rated them only 4 stars because of the missing material online.
on December 18, 2016
Just began reading and I love the history but hate that none of the urls work. The publisher really needs to fix that. Will update if it changes.

Update: several emails later and the company can't even pretend to answer me. They have no intentions of making the best part of this book work. Otherwise the information in it short of the personal touches and quotes can be found in any other book on my shelf.
on December 23, 2016
The information in the book is dated, and so are the links presented on the side margin which do not work. The book is overpriced for what it is. You are better off buying The Wine Bible, or Wine Folly.