Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(5 star). See all 100 reviews
on November 4, 2015
This is a simple install if you are mechanically inclined. I had to get more cable for my motorhome install and found it in red at home depot, that made keeping the polarity simple when running the cables. The panel starting working as soon as it was hooked up and has been working well for a week now. It is charging two 6 volt deep cycle batteries wired in series to produce 12 volts and dose a good job maintaining them which is what I wanted it for. If you need to completely recharge your deep cycle batteries in a day I would suggest the 200 watt kit or larger depending on how many batteries you may have. The controller is far superior to others I have seen and the battery temperature sensor is a nice feature.
on March 15, 2017
I had to update my review to five stars. Windy Nation was kind enough to provide additional information on their system and I made changes accordingly. Originally I had one 100w solar panel with two 650CCA car batteries. I was not getting enough charge to keep my guard lights on through the night. Thanks to their information provided I proceeded to purchase an additional panel and two additional batteries. Now my system is lasting through the night and is a lot more stable. I really appreciate the excellent customer service.
review image review image review image review image
on July 28, 2015
After reading an article about installing a solar panel at https://handybobsolar.wordpress.com/the-rv-battery-charging-puzzle-2/ the controler that came with the Windy Nation 100 watt solar panel was spot on. It has all the adjustable setting need to get the most power out of your battery system. Take the time to read the article above and you can not go wrong.
22 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2016
Best I found for the money. Good quality construction. As others have stated, mounting with the enclosed 'z' brackets will be tough for RV/Boat applications, unless you can find a solid anchor point. Other applications of a stationary nature would be easier. As for the unit, it pumped out 21.6v right out of the box. Great sunlight operation, and good cloudy-day power. Versatile controller and a lot of "load" configurability. I am using to keep a battery bank charged, so no load connected for me. It's a substantial panel (large and heavy), well-built. Check the specs if space will be a concern for you.
review image
on February 26, 2017
If you are a handy person you can mount and install on roof same day. You can also fabricate a stand to use only when camping so you can make sure in sun. I made permanent to roof to maintain batteries all year.
on January 25, 2017
We live full-time in a travel trailer and while in Florida (we're Canadians) we sometimes dry camp at free sites. Our first attempt was miserable as our battery didn't last long enough to support the fridge so we had to keep running the truck about every 10 hours to replenish the battery and we didn't use any lights, etc.
Now with the solar panel life is good. Our battery charges up completely in a few hours when it's sunny. We have our water pump on all day, run the water heater and use all the lights we need in the evening. We even can run the furnace in the morning to warm up the rig. We LOVE our panel and it is sufficient for our needs. If we had a second battery, it would be able to charge it too,
on October 17, 2016
This is a great little setup. I am living in an old church bus off the grid near Taos and it works perfectly to keep my deep cycle battery bank charged. I recommend installing it at a 65 degree angle on the south facing side of whatever you have for best year round performance. 'This is easy to install and performs greater than expected.
review image
on September 6, 2016
Very nice. 100w out of this size and price is sweet since most of my other panels (amorphous) are less than half the power for that size. Worked well with the mounting rack. Cable and controller are good quality and working well. Tapped this into two deep cell batteries in parallel and a 1500w inverter to provide lights and service electricity (charging phones, computers, cordless tool batteries, etc.) to a bunk house in the mountains. This panel keeps the batteries charged and ready.
on September 23, 2016
Has my camper battery back to 100% charge before I am ready to use it again the next night, no noisy generator required. Even worked on a cloudy day. Setup was pretty straight forward. I had to buy additional wire to run from the controller to the battery, and from the controller to the panel. The wires that come with it are good if yo are permanently fixing the panel, but I wanted the flexibility to move the panel to where the sun is shining most, with campsites usually being quite shaded. For reference, when boon docking we use only lights and the water pump. I replaced all bulbs in my camper with LED's. I would also run the furnace once before bed to warm the camper up, and once in the morning to take the chill off, and with that amount of consumption the panel always had my battery back to topped off before the next night.
on August 27, 2016
Love it. Ran LED lights to 2 campers, workshop, outhouse (yes, outhouse), pavilion and outdoor kitchen. Lights, battery, buried 12 volt landscape wire, a few switches it's a whole new thing goin on!