Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Winegard ANWI8700 Winegard AP Signal Amplifier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on October 24, 2010
We live north of Washington, DC and get our television signal via antenna. In the analog age we got all area channels fine. And if we turned the rotor we could get several Baltimore, MD channels.

When digital TV came along we simply added converter boxes. All of the new Washington, DC digital channels came in fine, except for WTTG Fox5. Although its tower is in a straight line from us with several other DC transmitter sites, its signal was marginal and suffered from pixelization. The signal would waver, especially when the wind was blowing. Since we don't watch that channel much it was not a major problem.

This month we purchased the Winegard AP-8700 Preamplifier and installed it on the outside antenna mast according to instructions. The pre-amplifier leveled out the signal so all digital channels are now watchable without drop-out and pixelization, including Fox5.

I would recommend this product to anyone with a similar situation. You need to be able to install it right on the antenna mast for it to be effective.
on January 16, 2012
Bought this to try to get at least 3db improvement in signal strength at the tv so I could get a weak local tv station. Was surprized to get more than 12db improvement. Have used it about 1 month now and everything seems to be working as it should.
on December 15, 2011
This unit provided the extra amplification for use for our roof antenna to provide output to 4 tv's and 4 video recorders. It worked as advertised and spec'd. It has about the best gain avail for our application.

Jim
on July 20, 2014
Don't know much about the electronics, but inserted this by the antenna and now I get all the channels. All I know is that it works.
on February 9, 2011
I've got a coat hanger antenna in the attic that worked better than the $100 Radio Shack model I tried. Made it from three hangars and a scrap of 1X4. That was a good starting point. We could catch most of the channels coming out of Houston, 60 miles away. Some we caught intermittently and they'd stutter and frame out on us. Frustrating during a good episode of Frasier.

Enter the Winegard. I took the main amp and plugged it inline with the antenna in the attic, then plugged the power adapter and splitter into the TV behind the console downstairs. Took me 5 minutes after I dug around looking for some spare coax (the kit comes with one pigtail, but you'll need as many as two more short pieces depending on your situation).

Re-scanned channels on the TV. Picked up some channels we've not seen before. But since then, Frasier never looked so good.

This is a great product that works very well. Highly recommended.
on March 18, 2013
Added to a leaf type antenna for access to programming. It has worked well and met all my expectations. It was easy to install.
on January 5, 2013
combined with the compact, crossbow-sized-and-shaped Audiovox/RCA digitally ensconced antennae, HD radio is fetched from afar with supra-fringe effect, although purists and really good technicians will advise against FM antenna amplification. I got it mainly for HDTV. I regularly, every day, get 4 bars out of five from 90 miles on the set, which I stare at dutifully, often thinking of why I am not using my laptop, or shopping for a replacement for my stolen tablet
on December 18, 2012
When combined with the proper antenna for your area, this amplifier will ensure that there willl be no dropouts in signal.
on February 2, 2014
dropped cable and use this for my local channels. No more cable bills and my local reception is great and very clear
on March 15, 2011
It's a good product but it won't do miricles. Strenghtens and clears very well and brought a few new channels in.