Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Winegard FlatWave Amped FL5500A Digital HD Indoor ..." and save 80% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.55 shipping
3-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Winegard FlatWave Amped FL5500A Digital HD Indoor Amplified TV Antenna (4K Ready / ATSC 3.0 Ready / High-VHF / UHF / Ultra-Thin / Black and White - Reversible / USB Power Supply) - 50 Mile Long Range OTA Antenna
|Price:||$54.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Indoor Amplified TV Antenna - The FlatWave Amped is a 50 mile long range multi-directional indoor amplified TV antenna with an embedded digital TV antenna amplifier, attached mini coax cable and USB power cable with 110v adapter. The Amped receives both VHF and UHF signals in HD. Ultra thin and reversible black and white indoor TV antenna.
- Clear Circuit Amplified Digital Signal - Amplified directly at the antenna elements, the amplifier is ultra-low noise with only 1dB (typical) compared to 3dB+ of noise from other antennas, giving you a crystal clear digital TV antenna signal.
- Free TV Programming - Free ota programming has more options and more channels than ever before. Watch local news and weather, live sports, and all the top-rated shows for free with an indoor amplified TV antenna. Pair the TV antenna with a streaming device for maximum HD programming.
- 50 Mile Range - Multi-directional amplified TV antenna delivers 50 mile range in both directions, giving you twice the coverage. Hang the indoor TV antenna on a window or wall, or lay the TV antenna flat on a table. 4K Ultra HD and ATSC 3.0 ready.
- Winegard Antenna Experts - Leading US designer and manufacturer of quality TV antenna and signal reception equipment since 1954. Designed and built in the U.S.A.
- 50 Mile Range, High Definition dual band VHF/UHF
- Embedded ultra low noise (1db) digital amplifier for the best antenna performance
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Watch the top rated shows in HD for Free!
Watch local news, weather, live sports and all of the top-rated shows for free, in HD, and with Dolby Digital Surround Sound with a Winegard FlatWave TV antenna.
Watch More Free HDTV!
FlatWave antennas provide the maximum content available in your area antennas capable of receiving both VHF and UHF signal from up to 60 miles away.
FlatWave amplified antennas feature Clear Circuit technology to give you the absolute best signal quality.
What Channels Will You Receive?
Free over-the-air programming has more options and more channels than ever before! Watch local news and weather, live sports, and all of the top-rated shows. New mult-cast channels offer free movie channels and more!
Cut-the-Cord and Save
The average home pays over $750 for cable in just one year! Did you know that the average household receives 189 channels with cable, but uses only 17 of them.
Watch what you want without the big monthly bill. Cut-the-cord and watch the top-rated shows for free!
Pair With a Streaming Device for more content!
Pair a FlatWave antenna with a streaming device such as a Roku, Fire TV or Chromecast for maximum programming. Watch tons of other TV shows and movies for a fraction of the cost.
|FlatWave Micro||FlatWave Non-Amplified||FlatWave Amped||FlatWave Air|
|Frequency||H-VHF/UHF||H-VHF/UHF||H-VHF/UHF Amplified||H-VHF/UHF Amplified|
|Ideal Mile Range||30 miles||35 miles||50 miles||60+ miles|
|Antenna Dimensions||5.3" x 7" x .5"||12" x 13" x .6"||12" x 13" x .6"||14" x 14" x 4"|
|Mini Coax Length||5'||15'||18.5' w/ USB Power Supply||N/A|
|USB Power Supply||No||No||Yes||Yes|
Compare to similar items
Winegard FL5500A FlatWave Amped Digital HD Indoor Amplified TV Antenna:
Watch local news, weather, live sports and all of the top-rated shows for free, in HD, and with Dolby Digital Surround Sound with the FlatWave Amped indoor amplified TV antenna.
Cut the cord and save! The average home pays over $750 for cable in just one year. Did you know the average household receives 189 Tv channels with cable, but uses only 17 of them? Watch the TV you want without the big monthly TV bill. Cut the cord and watch the top-rated TV shows for free!In The Box:
- FlatWave Amped digital indoor amplified TV antenna
- Embedded low noise digital TV antenna amplifier
- 18.5' mini coax cable attached to the TV antenna
- 3' USB power cable with 110v adapter
- Two 3M Command Brand strips
- Indoor antenna range: 50 mile range
- HD dual band VHF UHF TV antenna
- Multi-directional TV antenna
- Ultra-thin, 0.6lb weight
- Amplified TV antenna dimensions: 13" x 12"
Note: Run a channel scan after installation
To receive programming run a channel scan on your TV after setting up the indoor antenna. To keep your channel line-up up-to-date, it is a good idea to run a channel scan monthly and anytime a channel is lost.
Top customer reviews
I live in Rochester MN and towers are about 35-40 miles away from my house. So since most indoor antennas claim about 35 miles range I am on the outer edge of their reception.
My quest for a perfect indoor antenna started at the local stores. I ended up buying 3 of them locally and every one had to go back because I wasn't able to get local NBC affiliate which is broadcasting on VHF . Even technical support at that station told me that at my distance (35 miles) I have to get an outdoor antenna. My UHF stations were coming in easy with any indoor antenna but that VHF was always elusive . In one of my last attempts to keep the cord cutting dream alive , I sent an e mail to Winegard's global sales representative Grant Whipple. He responded right away with some good news. Winegard was just about to release a new amplified indoor antenna that was showing some great results. At first I was little bit skeptical but decided to give it a shot.
I received this antenna 2 days later and tested it right away. I hooked it up and BINGO I finally got that NBC station along with ABC, CBS, FOX, CW (this one I wasn't able to get before as well), PBS and some more public channels. This antenna is paper thin, and it looks like a laminated piece of plastic. It comes with 18 feet long coaxial cable, and an amplifier. One I got is transparent but it also comes in white/black combination to blend in your decor. It can be put horizontally but for better results I recommend attaching it to the wall using couple of 3M stickers that come with it. My entertainment center is about 6 feet tall and my TV is on the upper level so I put the antenna on the wall behind the entertainment center about 6 feet up from the floor. So this way it stays hidden but its in a good position to receive signals.It helps to move the antenna around a little bit to find out where it gets the most channels before you attach it for good, but this unit is so light and easy to move around. It can be attached to windows as well. FlatWave Amped Indor HDTV lets you connect the amplifier to the usb port on your TV so your amplifier turns off when the TV is off .
I am very satisfied with this unit and would highly recommend it. The thing that impressed me the most was its ability to get a VHF station at about 35 miles distance. As noted above none of the other antennas I tested was able to do this. Your investment in this antenna will pay off in 3-4 months depending how much you are paying for cable.
Portion of the money I save will go towards Netflix service - $7.99 a month.
So again, I highly recommend this product if you are looking to pick up over the air HDTV signal. Your reception will depend on landscape between you and the towers but this amplified unit worked great for me at about 35-40 miles away from the towers. Over the air signal is even better than cable, since cable has to compress it. Be ready to spend some time moving the antenna around until you find a perfect spot, small movements can make big difference. Costco will start selling this antenna as well, you can buy it through Winegard site or here on Amazon.
These flat antennas are great, but I read that they tend to have problems picking up low power VHF. Where I live that includes NBC.
So for us, in a normal location we would get FOX, CBS, and CW. Sitting it on boxes near a window (we just moved) we also get CW and ABC. Nothing we do gives any signal from NBC. This was a little disappointing because we had a cheap $10 antenna. When I put foil on the rabbit ears and angled it a certain direction I got all the channels including NBC. You would think that an amplified antenna could do better, but again it's very location dependent and these flat antennas have trouble with the lower channels so just make sure that isn't a huge deal breaker.
I am only 23 miles from towers in my area but couldn't reliably get reception on all channels with this product which advertises a 50 mile range. Every time I ran the scan a different group of Channels would register. Certain UHF channels would always be picked up, others were intermittent, and VHF channels were non-existent. In my city this meant I couldn't get PBS and the local channel which carries some baseball games which was the entire reason for the purchase. Those channels aren't available on any live streaming service. The picture quality on channels it did pickup was outstanding but the audio dropped out a lot. I couldn't imagine watching a show that way or this replacing some form of subscription.
I had high hopes for this antemna but it couldn't pickup the few channels I cared about. I'm happy for folks who are able to get this to work fully.