Wing Wireless Controller for Wii
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Play all your classic games up to 10 feet away from the Wii Remote
- All new ergonomic design allows for hours of comfortable play
- Get up to 30 hours of battery life on 2 AAA batteries (included)
- Add your own rechargeable AAA batteries and any USB to Mini USB Cable to easily recharge your Wing
- Mini USB port - Easily recharge AAA Batteries in the Wing (USB cord and rechargeable batteries not included)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The package contains the controller (obviously), a small wireless adapter that attaches to the bottom of the Wii-remote (where the nunchuck's cord would attach), a pair of non-rechargeable AAA batteries, and two big-sheet manuals rolled into little bundles (each has a different set of languages).
+ Controller feels solid (no squeeks or give).
+ Small remote adapter frees you from the cord you'd otherwise tether between the official classic controller and the remote.
+ Buttons layout (including "trigger" buttons by index fingers) is the same as the official classic controller.
+ Buttons layout played fine with Megaman 9 (virtual console game), with each color pair (right red button and blue buttons) both replicating remote's buttons 1 & 2, so you can use whichever pair you like.
+ Can recharge if using AAA NiMH batteries (not included) via mini-USB cable (not included).
+ More comfortable to hold than the standard remote.
- Only two controllers can be used at once (wireless adapter and controller only have two pair settings: slow blink and fast blink). Meaning, only up to 2 people can use Wii Wing Wireless Controller, while players 3 & 4 need to use an official classic or standard remote.
- Didn't work with Tetris Party (virtual console game).
- Buttons feel a bit mushy, but it's a personal preference.
- Lag! It MAY be psychological, but when playing Megaman 9, there seemed to be a slight lag (0.5s) in pressing a button (eg. jump) and the game actually registering it.Read more ›
Now I should remind you that despite all this the Wing is a phenomenal improvement over the original Classic Controller. However, many bad designs from the original CC also carrried over to the Wing, which is why the CCP is still better. The only advantages I can think of are the fantastically smooth analog sticks (better even than the DualShock3 IMO), wireless, and hard, responsive buttons.
It's a huge shame this couldn't live up to the Classic Controller Pro. I really wish Nyko would make a new wireless version, but given the current circumstances of the Wii, I can't really see that happening.
The controller fits nicely in the palms of my hand, its not too light or bulky. After reviewing all other available wireless options for the Wii I found this one to be the best option and wasn't disappointed. If you're interested in using your Wii for classic games I'd say this is a must.
I've used this controller for two weeks now with no issues, I'll update my review later down the road to document any issues that arise with repeated long term use.
Update 9/15/10: Controller has never given me any issues to date and still works perfectly. Have been using it quite a bit for Arc Rise Fantasia. Love this controller.
* D-Pad feels slightly mushier than on the Classic Controller, but is responsive nonetheless. Double-tap, quarter/half-circle, DP, charge and 360° motions posed no problem.
* Analog stick restrictors are circular, unlike the 8-way restrictors on the Classic Controller. Can be a pro or con depending on your preference.
* Left analog stick can be used to navigate Wii Menus.
* ZR and ZL buttons are slightly easier to reach compared to the Classic Controller.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this thing works really well on the games that i want it to. thanx again. this is awesome thanx for the purchase great amazon seller I look to do more business with you in the... Read morePublished on September 24, 2013 by jason
Thank you for an Awesome Product ! Works as you side it would. I use it all the time with no fail.Published on July 29, 2013 by Richard Countryman
This controller wasn't so much as I expected. I didn't use it that much after receiving it so I can't say much.Published on January 20, 2013 by FENI786
Nyko could have done a much better job on the Wing. I realize that at the time they made the Wing, the official Wii "Classic Controller Pro" had not yet made its way stateside. Read morePublished on November 29, 2012 by Shinde Kudasai
I bought this to have a controller to use for all my NES, SNES, N64 and Playstation games that I installed on my softmodded Wii console. Read morePublished on December 13, 2011 by Evan
This controller is so easy to use. The controller works well with the N64 games. It comes with an adapter that you plug into the bottom of your wii remote and sync it to the wing... Read morePublished on March 23, 2011 by lgfdjpw76401
The casing requires scissors to open, but a lot of things do now.
The problems with this thing are very annoying and inconvenient. Read more
This controller is very comfortable and seems well built. No problems. I use it for side scrollers mostly.Published on January 22, 2010 by SkykingUSA