Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories Hardcover – Illustrated, September 11, 2012
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
JOHN GOLDEN is president and CEO of Huthwaite, one of the world's leading sales performance improvement organizations. His track record as a proven leader combined with extensive experience in the learning industry provides the foundation for his strategic vision of success for Huthwaite. Prior to joining Huthwaite, Golden served in senior executive positions at the Mortgage Bankers Association, Learning Sciences International, and New Horizons CLC.
From the Back Cover
What does selling products and services--or the failure to do so--have to do with Napoleon's march on Moscow, Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg, and David's epic battle with Goliath? According to Huthwaite CEO John Golden, a lot--and not just because sales calls can feel like grueling battles. In this eye-opening sales guide, Golden reveals the surprising parallel between the steps of successful selling and the steps of successful warfare.
Winning the Battle for Sales delivers selling best practices based on examples from history's battlefields that you won't soon forget. Organized into three parts--the Sales Call, Account Strategy, and Sales Management--these timeless tales reveal key takeaways that you can apply to every sale, including:
- Pyrrhus of Epirus vs. the Romans (280-279 B.C.)--vital points on avoiding the pursuit of victory at all costs
- Captain Bligh vs. Fletcher Christian (Mutiny on the Bounty)--important lessons about understanding customer needs and desires
- The Siege of Petersburg (U.S. Civil War, 1864)--indispensable guidance on delivering "outside-the-box" solutions
- The Gunfight at the OK Corral (1881)--the keys to preventing sales objections to ensure smooth negotiations
- Brian Boru vs. the Vikings (Battle of Clontarf, 1014)--essential information on turning unseen opportunity into a value driver
Just as generals pore over every aspect of a battle after it's fought to learn from decisions made--good or bad--you no doubt review your sales tactics in a similar fashion.
Winning the Battle for Sales isn't just an eye-opening guide to sales tactics based on history's greatest military victories, as well as blunders, it's a quick, snappy, entertaining read. Plus, you'll come away familiarized with some of history's greatest battles. And who knows? Maybe your next client will turn out to be a Civil War buff.
- Hardcover : 272 pages
- ISBN-10 : 007179199X
- Item Weight : 1.19 pounds
- ISBN-13 : 978-0071791991
- Product Dimensions : 6.3 x 1 x 9.3 inches
- Publisher : McGraw-Hill Education; 1st Edition (September 11, 2012)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,406,344 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: