|Item Weight||37 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||25.4 x 14.4 x 74.6 inches|
|Item model number||29525|
|Assembled Height||74.6 inches|
|Assembled Length||25.4 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Winsome Wood Bailey Leaning 5-Tier Shelving Unit, Black
|Price:||$78.86 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$23.66 (23%)|
- Contemporary 5-tier leaning shelving unit for books, CDs, and display from Winsome Wood
- Constructed in solid beech wood and composite wood; matte black finish
- Shelf depth increases from 4-inch deep top shelf to 13-1/2-inch deep bottom shelf; 23-inch shelf width
- Easy home assembly with hardware included; matching leaning desk unit available for separate purchase
- Measures 24-2/5 inches wide by 14-2/5 inches deep by 74-3/5 inches high
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Bailey Leaning Shelf 5-Tier
Winsome Wood's new Bailey collection of leaning home office furniture in black finish is contemporary and compact. The 5 tier shelving unit can stand alone or be paired with the desk in a modular fashion. The shelves range in size from 13.5 (bottom) - 4.0" (top) deep and are 23" wide. Constructed of wood, is sturdy, durable, and can be matched with Leaning Desk# 29330 and Airlift Stool # 93329 for a complete workstation.
- 5 Shelves
- Leaning Shelving unit
- Assembly required
- Ships in 1 box
- Constructed of solid/composite wood
Winsome Wood's new Bailey collection of leaning home office furniture in black finish is contemporary and compact. The 5 tier shelving unit can stand alone or be paired with the desk in a modular fashion. The shelves range in size from 13.5 (bottom) - 4.0" (top) deep and are 23" wide. Constructed of wood, it is sturdy and durable.
Compare to similar items
This item Winsome Wood Bailey Leaning 5-Tier Shelving Unit, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Xiong's Trading||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Black||Jamocha Wood||Black||Brown||Black/Cherry||Antique Oak|
|Item Dimensions||14.4 x 25.4 x 74.6 in||16.61 x 23.54 x 71.14 in||18.5 x 20.56 x 60 in||17 x 25 x 72 in||13 x 13.39 x 66.14 in||15 x 23.75 x 55 in|
|Material Type||Beachwood||Wood||Metal, Laminated Particleboard||Wood||Metal||Wood|
Top customer reviews
It is easy to put together. It comes in 9 pieces (5 shelves, 2 sides, and a top and bottom). The painted finish seems a little thin on the parts of the shelf you wouldn't see (ie the bottom). The directions have an inventory and assembly section. In the inventory section they clearly show that the top and bottom of he sides are different (top is straight and bottom is angled), but in the assembly directions they look the same. The result is it took me a few minutes to figure out which end I was actually supposed to start on. The shelves are screwed in very securely. It is not just a screw into wood, but there is a metal reinforcement around the hole. BUT the bottom and tops are loose. I ended up putting a few dabs of wood glue on them (which means I can't disassemble this), and letting it cure overnight. It is almost like the holes are too large in the top and bottom or the wood dowels are too short. The upper shelf cannot really hold books, because it is so shallow. You could put paperbacks on it, but they would hang over a little. The bottom shelf is the opposite. It is so deep. I had to rummage through my books to find a couple that I could put on the ends that would not fall out of the sides onto the wall or floor.
I have a lot of books, that vary in size and weight, and the shelf handled all of them beautifully. A good alternative to a more expensive version of this shelf. And a smarter design than the cheapest version. The edging around each shelf keeps your books on the shelf, and prevents your wall from getting scratched up each time you add or remove a book.
I also had no problems with scratching the wall when I placed it (one reviewer claimed this). Also, the sides are each one long piece of wood not broken in two (another review claimed this).
1) Both of them came a few days late despite purchasing with Amazon Prime. If its going to be late - an email would be nice. Amazon spams me with suggestions/promo emails all day everyday - how about a heads up my packages will be delayed for a period of time? Not the biggest deal, but I pay for Amazon Prime for things to come faster and on time.
2) These were a pain to put together. While it was pretty straight forward how the pieces fit once you sit and figure it out, the directions were useless. The pre-drilled screw holes were too deep in some sockets/the screws were too short, making it almost very hard to attach the shelves to the side rails. This may have been a defect, but was frustrating to say the least. Had to drill out the wood a little to have the screws reach.
3) Top and bottom pieces do not fit right and are not really flush - some other reviewers glued theirs together but I just used some elbow grease, not really ideal either way.
4) IT FALLS DOWN AND WILL MARK YOUR WALL! I guess this shelf is made for a room with carpet as it slides down my wall on my hardwood floors. Left two huge black streaks on my wall. Another reviewer made a similar comment but the finish comes off and marks the wall with very little pressure. I needed to repaint the wall. I plan on drilling them directly into the wall before I put anything on them as it will fall down and break.
After using Amazon for a few years, I can honestly say this is worst thing I've bought. If I didn't spend the hours putting them together and re-painting the walls, I would return these shelves. The only reason I gave this product two stars is that the color of the shelves is what I was looking for and they look decent for the price (despite the top and bottom piece being off a bit). Spend the extra $$$ and buy a better quality product, I wish I did.
This shelf looks beautiful in our living room and we've received a ton of compliments on it being so much more interesting then a regular shelf. Only problem was after being in the same place for a few years I tried to move it and the top where it leans against the wall pulled off a strip of paint, easy fix is just to place a barrier between the two which I will do when we repaint... for now I just put it back in the exact same place so nobody can tell the paint is missing. =)