Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 221 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 236 reviews
on May 17, 2015
I love this little desk and am so happy I ordered it! I use it in my bedroom as a desk for my laptop. I had a very small space to work with and discovered that it is very difficult to find functional desks in this size range. This is solid wood and it took me maybe 15 minutes to put together. The bottom drawer seems to be a bit out of alignment but I am not overly concerned with that since it still functions and it isn't very obvious to look at it. The desk that I received was a nice true honey color -- not orange at all. Since the small footprint was my primary concern, I am using it with an 18" saddle stool that I also ordered unfinished from amazon. I used Miniwax wood stain in "Pecan" on the bench and the color matched perfectly with the "honey" color of the desk. I switched out the wood knobs that came with the desk with black metal knobs from the home improvement store. Overall, I am very pleased with this desk!
on July 18, 2015
Just got done putting it together (12mm socket, ratchet, and in an ideal-situation two lengths of normal #2 Phillips (sized head) screwdrivers: one short one for inside the drawers, and a regular length one just to make it easier for the shelf screws). I was looking for a desk to fit this little wall I have, but it happens to be the wall that the internet cable is coming out of. It also had to hold a 22" monitor, support its base fully, and I really didn't mind if the speakers wouldn't fit on the top shelf.

This was one of the more challenging Amazon searches for size and utility, then add to that price and what the desk would be made out of. I don't know how I happened upon this desk, but when I read the reviews that it was mostly all natural wood instead of particle board... I had to take the chance.

Solid? I would say so. It's sitting on the floor without any support from the wall behind it, yet it feels solid. I like that the owners' manual states to use mineral oil only, and to avoid commercial wood waxes and polishing sprays. I'm wondering if high quality boiled linseed oil will work?
on July 18, 2015
This is the perfect desk for any aspiring or current writer. Every author I've ever met or read about says the same thing. Your writing area needs to have NO DISTRACTIONS! How can you work on your story idea when your desk is covered with bills, and junk and all those things you tell yourself you should be doing instead of writing? You can't! You need a desk that is for nothing but creating your art, and this product is it! Because it's so small, you can't cover it with a bunch of junk. Best of all, you can fit it anywhere, which is always important for writers. Stephen King tells young writers repeatedly your desk should face a wall to avoid all distractions. Even with a window, you'll spend all your time staring out of it.

This desk also looks fantastic. It has an incredibly classy look and feel to it. I have two Geode book ends to hold all my research books, a few things to fiddle with when I'm trying to think, and that's it. There's a reason this is listed as a writing desk. This product was designed for those of you who have always dreamed of writing a novel. If you buy a large desk, it will end up covered with a million distractions to keep you from creating. This product was created for the aspiring novelist.

If that's not you, it can still be useful. If you're in college, and need a small desk for a small space it will work great. It's also light and easy to move, and incredibly simple to put together.
on June 7, 2016
Very pretty honey shade!

VERY easy to put together!
The only "hard" part was putting on the top drawer section without it moving.
The small dowels on the drawer keep it from falling out when pulled open.

This matches perfectly with the bed frame, dresser and night stand I have!
It even matches a set of shelves I had in the kitchen which were not ordered from amazon!

Sure, it isn't expensive, but I would highly recommend!

This will be perfect for my laptop!
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 16, 2017
I couldn't be happier with this little desk. It is just the right size and very solidly built. I'm planning on using it for a sewing table but since it will be out in view of guests (and me) I wanted something attractive and it looks great. It was very easy to put together and is a really nice golden oak shade.
on May 4, 2017
this desk is fabulous. it's very small and simple, very useful when you don't want much clutter and want to just focus on what you're working on. there are 2 small drawers on top of desk and one small pull out drawer in front of desk and they all are functional to use for pens, clips, notebooks, odds and ends. the material is very sturdy and it seems like such high quality i'm amazed at the cost. this has got to be one of the best purchases i've ever made on amazon. the color of the desk is a deep honey tone and it's very refreshing and lovely. highly recommend, you won't be disappointed!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2017
Extremely pleased with this desk. I had concerns that it would not be stable, but it is solid as a rock. Very well made, very well fitted. Just very solid and pretty. It does not have that "cheap feel" some furniture of this price does. It was easy to assemble, the instructions were clear. I have attached a picture of it in my apartment.
on November 24, 2014
Nice little desk for a small space. Perfect sized for a laptop, even an older 17 inch. The added bonus is that it is actually wood! The finish is exactly as expected. Assembly was quick and easy. The hutch is the perfect height to attach a swing arm with a 22 in monitor and have both screens fully visible. The hutch drawers are a bit tiny but I've found a use for them. The shelf is wide enough to accommodate a decent sized lamp base. For the size, desktop space is generous. The desk drawer is perfect for pens, pencils and other small desk necessities. I am already considering a shelf from the same company.

The only problems are that the backboard to the hutch is very thin and feels flimsy compared to the rest of the desk and I have to replace one of the screws attaching the hutch to the desk itself. These I see are very minor issues, especially for the price.
on October 18, 2016
Super easy to assemble, quality beechwood product, made in Thailand. Very small, which is what I had in mind. Solid construction, very sturdy overall including legs. Backpanel of the little hutch is made of particle board, but the rest is solid wood. Not sure if a computer monitor will balance on the little shelf or not, will try that soon.
review image review image
on July 31, 2016
Very sturdy, it was the color I was looking for & the price was unbeatable....
review image review image review image review image review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.