- File Size: 733 KB
- Print Length: 86 pages
- Publisher: Family Friendly Fiction (September 9, 2012)
- Publication Date: September 9, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0099AIHOI
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#56,541 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #68 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- #86 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Collections & Anthologies
- #390 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
Winter Chill (Seasons of the Heart Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 86 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I wasn't paying attention when I bought this and hadn't realized this was a Christian romance. While I wouldn't normally wander into this genre on purpose, I still read and enjoyed the simple romance.
I thought Forrest was a freak of nature; it's hard to imagine someone that self-less actually existing. Sasha is a sympathetic character but the best thing about this is that she's a work in progress from beginning to end; she's taking the steps towards moving past her experience rather than letting it rule her life. Yes, she starts out skittish and jumpy, but that's to be expected as it reads as if the incident is fairly recent. It's only by the gentle coaxing of Forrest that she finally starts to move on, and that made this a very satisfying reading experience for me.
*This is a clean romance.
The intriguing circumstances of their first encounter is sure to grab the attention of any romantic reader, especially the young adult or the young at heart. It is extremely refreshing to read such a clean...no sex, no swearing...kind of book. I didn't realize that "Winter Chill" is only one book, of possibly many others, in the series "Seasons of the Heart" until reading some of the other reviews. I look forward to future entertaining installments in this captivating series by Author Susette Williams!
While some romance lovers may miss the physical aspect of their relationship, this story was a good reminder of the foundation of solid relationships. Throw in an overprotective brother, college administrators who will overlook anything for money, and of course, God, and you have a great book to pass away the time.
The two main characters are Sasha and Forrest. Sasha is coping with a tragic past experience which is affecting her present state of being. Although the story takes place after the fact, it is easy to imagine what she is going through. When Forrest realizes what her problem is, he takes it upon himself to keep on eye on her. With the help of Forrest, and her faith in God, Sasha finds the strength to move on.
I really enjoyed all parts of this story. Being only 81 pages, you don't get the character development as in a full length novel, but I found the characters to likable and believable. You have emotional pain, humor, romance, violence and forgiveness all together in one quick read.
I highly recommend this to anyone who loves to read, and is looking for good christian books.
Two thumbs up!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary