- File Size: 3070 KB
- Print Length: 301 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0990800709
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Stitched Wing Publishing (September 14, 2014)
- Publication Date: September 14, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00NLRM728
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,331,556 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.97|
Save $11.98 (92%)
Winter Seedlings Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 301 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Winter Seedlings
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The book is set in the 1990s in a small town in the South. Right off, it took me back to my heady days of shoulder pads, acid wash jeans and hair bands. This was the time of MY youth, so perhaps it resonated even more with me, due to that. Jute has a pretty bad life, but she has a pretty wonderful friend. And, that, as the book shows, can sometimes make it bearable. Through a series of circumstances that would be very spoiler-ish If I listed them, the girls wind up in Myrtle Beach, and meet some folks as conflicted as they are. Through a return trip, they begin to forge a family of their own. But, as friendships do, Jute & Allie get separated, and the friendship falls by the wayside, at least for one of them.
With themes of sexual abuse and the varying ways its victims cope, this is not always an easy read. But, it's a can't-put-it-down read. The kind that keeps you up until 1am. The kind that makes you scream to know what happens next when it ends. You feel so emotionally invested in these characters, that they are real to you. I actually cried at certain parts of the book, which is rare for me.
Because of the themes of abuse, abandonment, and rejection it isn't always an easy read, but the writing is so compelling that I couldn't put the book down. It walks the line between heart-warming and -breaking, keeping you guessing and on the edge of your seat until the very end.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Lesbian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Gay Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Lesbian Fiction