Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Winter Storms (Winter Street) Hardcover – October 4, 2016
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
PRAISE FOR WINTER STORMS:
"[Hilderbrand] expertly meshes everything together so that peace exists within each character and within the family dynamic...The queen of the romance novel is on top of her game, and she won't let you down."―Vivian Payton, Book Reporter
"[A] dishy and readable conclusion to the Winter Street trilogy, with some luxurious details adding a touch of glamour to the drama."―Booklist
"A series only works when the characters are worth following over the long haul, and Hilderbrand is a master, making for a satisfying conclusion to her Christmas at the Inn story."
PRAISE FOR WINTER STREET:
"A holiday package filled with humor, romance, and realism."―Jocelyn McClurg
"The holidays wouldn't be complete without a little family dysfunction, and Hilderbrand writes it well."―Library Journal
"Winter Street...[will] get you in the holiday mood."―Kirkus Reviews
About the Author
Elin Hilderbrand's favorite things about winter on Nantucket are the first snowfall of the year on Main Street, watching her three children play basketball and getting good seats for Christmas Eve mass at St. Mary's. She wishes the most joyous of holidays to all her readers and gratitude to those who followed her into a different time of the year. Winter Storms is her eighteenth novel and the third book in the Winter Street trilogy.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Winter Street provides a little background on each character; Winter Stroll a little more, and Winter Storms ever so slightly more. At the end, the only conclusions are:
1. Despite her "I want to be judged by me, and me alone" statements, Ava is stupidly defined by the men who miraculously fall deeply in love with her at the drop of a hat;
2. This series was obviously pumped out on deadline, and is far too topical. There is no way this series will even be relevant next year, much less become a sentimental holiday read;
3. The entire series should have been one well-edited book (I agree with the other reviewer who feels ripped off by paying for three books that collectively contain the substance of one);
4. Is there anything more conceited and annoying than the author writing herself - in third person - in to the story? How irksome was it to read that the party favors at Isabel's bridal shower contained "Elin Hilderbrand's latest novel;" and
5. The characters were largely unlikeable - even Bart, who was out of the picture most of the time - as even their flaws did not endear them to the reader. Margaret was a notable exception.
Hilderbrand's other novels are generally pretty good, and provide a fun escape to Nantucket. These "Winter" novels, however, are a rush-to-the-printer job, and are just plain awful.
Save your money.
The Winter series has become the one exception to my staunch refusal to curl up with a holiday story. In fact, the Quinn family has been a part of my Christmas tradition for the last three years. A reread of the previous books has ensued, for the last two years, followed up with the newest addition. Ms. Hilderbrand’s ability to capture and create what feels like natural connections and believable family drama is phenomenal. These books are free of cornball antics and over-the-top Christmas magic, so if you’re anything like me, have no fear. This is a cast of characters and a family that you can’t help but to fall for.
I was a ball of emotions going in to WINTER STORMS. I was dying for answers, Ms. Hildebrand has a knack for ending things with unresolved storylines, and also incredibly sad. Heart-broken. In denial. This had been marketed at as a trilogy, meaning this would be the final book, and I wasn’t ready to let go. And then I saw this . . .
(Elin Hildebrand's Facebook post announcing Winter Solstice!)
Can I just say, I’m BEYOND excited! I can’t wait for more of the Quinn family. And from Bart?! Bring it on. Christmas 2017 in Nantucket should be very interesting.
Most recent customer reviews
I choose Kelley beating the cancel and enjoying his family