From Winter's Ashes: The Girl Next Door Mystery Romance Series - Book Two (The Girl Next Door Crime Romance Series 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 420 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Books with Buzz
Profoundly intimate and powerfully inventive, "Exit West" tells an unforgettable story of love, loyalty, and courage that is both completely of our time and for all time. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
As the book went on, you got the history, and I connected a bit more, but I still struggled with them.
I felt like the rest of the story got lost in the middle there somehow. So, if you are looking for more of a romance, this is the book for you. A story with meaning. Probably choose another read.
Although mystery romance is not my usual go-to genre, I so enjoyed From Winter's Ashes. The characters, true to Simpson's unique style, are full of spark and sass, yet underneath the sarcasm is something much deeper: layers of secrets that keep the hero and heroine secluded from love (and from each other). There's an intriguing mystery thread and LOTS of danger to be found inside the pages of FWA, and I don't want to spoil anything but....it's not who you think. *insert evil laugh here*
This book has edge and wit and lots and lots of lyrical goodness that made my little writer's heart pitter patter to a happy beat.
A few of my favorite quotes:
- "It was either him or her, and the agony festering within was enough torment for ten lifetimes. He would not be the only one infested with pain. She would suffer hers, a swift justice, and then the retribution would begin and the balance restored."
-"His nose nuzzled against hers; his whisper rumbling against her skin like a warning thunder."
- "Something like panic, or was it anticipation, rent from her chest; the fraudulent feelings making a riot of her senses."
- "Hope slipped loose like a tendril of her hair on the wayward wind. The sound of their struggle like a reverb intruding upon the crisp winter silence."
You will LOVE her characters. So well crafted. The storyline is always perfectly sculpted and the romance is killer. And shoot, can this woman write passion! It's got the perfect amount of real-life sexual tension between the characters, but she keeps it clean. Love, love, love it!!
Bravo on another amazing book--I can't wait to read the next! Like seriously. I can't wait.
As an example, in the first pages Jocelyn's house is on fire. Simpson writes, "Fiery blades licked at her flesh, each wicked lash leaving the bit of a burn."
Another plus, the villain is given chapters, speaking from the shadows where we can't see him, only hear the mounting tension. Makes a reader want to shine a flashlight on this creep and find out who he is.
This is a book to read.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Joselyn Whyte, heiress to the Whyte Empire and daughter of a Senatorial hopeful, is targeted by an arsonist and saved by...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Series
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational