Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 421 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 451 reviews
on August 30, 2016
The looks of these were nice and functionality was perfect for what we were looking for. However when I went to prepare to use them I cut myself several times trying to wash them before using. One cut was as I was drying and dropped the pan resulting in a cut on my hardwood floor. It literally looks like someone put a knife through the floor. Maybe it's just the 2 plans I've purchased but I decided not to even use them if my guests were going to have the same problem. No one needs blood in their food!
on March 30, 2016
unbelievably dangerous! The edges of the pan are not properly finished. Here's what happened to my wife when she was washing them in the sink. Reached in to grab one and sliced her hand wide open. A trip to the hospital and 5 stitches later she had to have a splint on her hand for 2 days. I hope these guys have good product liability coverage?! see picture
on July 10, 2017
Bought two of these chafers from the same seller Cooking Depot. They were both fulfilled by Amazon.
Both had very sharp edges. Be careful when handling.
Both did the job of keeping the food hot. Definitely a good value.
Neither came with fuel. Bought Bakers & Chefs Daily Chef Safe Heat which worked great!
One came in a box with a red strip on the bottom - This one had a cover that could easily slide off the water pan base. It also had a ding on one of the corners of the water pan. In addition the sterno holder cover had a nice ding. I straightened most of it by hand. The uploaded pics shows the sterno holder after I straightened it out some. It was much worse when I got it. I am returning this chafer for a refund.

The second chafer came in a box that did not have the red strip at the bottom - This one had a cover that fit the water pan nicely because the pan had a ridge and the cover had a lip that secured them together (like a cover on a pot). This chafer was also free of dings. I will keep this one.

As far as the inconsistent quality - I think Winware sources out dozens of factories throughout the world; each with their own slight design variations and quality standards. So it is a hit or miss which one you will receive ? I plan to order another chafer because I need two. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get another good one.
review image review image review image review image
on June 24, 2016
I bought this stell chafer for my mother-in-law because she loves to cook and often caters different events. She was glad to get this chafer (it was a surprise) and she has been using it ever since. She easily places the food inside of the chafer and the heat keeps in warm for guests at her events. The size (8 Qt) is big and holds a lot of food.
on June 7, 2017
I bought 2 of these for home use. Hosting house parties, Christmas, Thanksgiving etc.
I have commercial cooking background and these a most definitely NOT commercial grade. Extremely light gauge. I can see why some buyers have reported being cut by the edges.

I will keep these as I will use them lightly. But if I had a bit more time before our weekend party I would have returned and found better quality.
on April 14, 2017
Very pleased with this purchase. Nice quality. Edges not too sharp. LOVE the fact the burners nestle in their own holder....no worries about them sliding off.
on November 12, 2014
I received these after ordering when a great deal was present. I have loads of chafers and experience with them. Just wanted to say, These are a bargain. They are as they look...not high polished stainless but just enough to reflect light. If you aren't familiar with catering or entertaining this is a good thing. (It means they don't show fingerprints that easily). They come with an additional handle (which most people fail to mention) that is stainless as well...this fact makes them very great.

I ordered three of these and they were delivered on time and in order. Guess what? This product may come with some scuffs or scratches. The important thing to remember is that's it not the end of the world. You ordered a value product that is very good. Plus, use them a time or two and realize it's impossible to not have scuffs or scratches.

Entertaining doesn't mean you have to have perfect serving vessels. It means you need good food. These are absolutely fantastic. Food looks amazing in them and if you order some additional pans you have endless options. Believe me, I have had some tattered chafers over the years. My best advice, buy these, and change the handles for the silver/stainless ones. They look amazing. Plus, no one cares about your fancy roll-top chafer...they care about what is inside. Good Food.
on October 17, 2016
Very nice chaffing dish!! I have several already and needed an additional chafer for a party I was hosting at home. It was a very nice addition to my collection. I did come with all the items identified so I was not missing anything from the box. If I ever need an additional chaffing dish, I would definitely order again.
on May 7, 2017
For the price, these are great sets. Adds a level of style over the disposable pans. They are packaged well and can be stored in the boxes when not in use. The pans are thinner guage than I expected, but look good, cleaned up easily and didn't bend yet.

The only negative is one of the snuffer lid handles on the sterno holders broke off the first time used. But nobody sees that part and I'll make do. I have not yet contacted the seller to see about replacing that part.
on June 25, 2017
Will give it a 5-star if the edges are smoother. Overall, very well made, good quality. I had to buy 2 more from a different brand due to event deadline: they only convinced me that this one is the real deal! I learned it the hard way: look at the number of reviews on Amazon, it's the best indicator for quality product by mass opinion. This is definitely a winner!