Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Wire Tek 1001 EasySet Mole Eliminator Trap" and save 22% off the $36.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Wire Tek 1001 EasySet Mole Eliminator Trap
|Price:||$30.68 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$6.31 (17%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Use for safe & effective Mole control
- Easy foot stepping motion to set trap safely underground
- Manufactured in United States
- Takes the guesswork out of trapping and eliminating moles from your lawn, yard and garden
- Eliminates the use poisons or chemicals and is effective on all species of moles worldwide
- The only mole trapping device that can be set into the mole tunnel without any digging
- Effective and safe to use
- Accepted for use in organic farms, ranches and nurseries
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||6 x 5 x 4 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||10289|
|Shipping Weight||3.25 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Wire Tek 1001 EasySet Mole Eliminator Trap
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Freebird Trading||Amazon.com||Freebird Trading||Amazon.com||Deal Republic|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 4 x 6 in||5.91 x 11.22 x 6.1 in||5.58 x 2.83 x 8.48 in||5.91 x 11.02 x 5.91 in||—||6 x 12 x 6 in|
The Easy Set Mole Eliminator Trap takes the guesswork out of trapping and eliminating moles from your lawn, yard and garden. The Easy Set Mole Eliminator Trap is the most effective mole control product on the market. It eliminates the use poisons or chemicals and is effective on all species of moles worldwide! Other traps on the market are difficult to use or require significant time to set due to digging and locating the mole tunnels. Some products require that they be set with sharp prongs or special setting tongs that could injure the person handling the trap, as well as children, pets or non-targeted wildlife. The Easy Set Mole Eliminator Trap is the only mole trapping device that can be set into the mole tunnel without any digging, setting dangerous cables, spears or clamps! Simply locate the mole tunnel (ridge) and firmly insert the closed jaws into the center of the tunnel until the base of the Easy Set Mole Eliminator Trap is flush to the ground. Then step straight down on the setting lever to set the trap and trigger mechanism. That is it. The trap is now set. As the mole travels through the tunnel, it will push up on the collapsed portion of the tunnel where the Easy Set Mole Eliminator Trap is positioned, triggering the trap and instantly meeting their demise! The Easy Set Mole Eliminator Trap is effective, safe to use, and without the use of poisons or secondary poisoning concerns, it is accepted for use in organic farms, ranches and nurseries.
Top customer reviews
1. First off you have to know your enemy. Moles are stupid - they only know how to do a few things - Dig and/or repair tunnels and smell stuff - they have a REALLY good sense of smell! Also - they get flat out irate when you mess up their tunnels. When they smell/feel outside air coming into their little tunnel complex they will almost immediately go in search of where that air is coming from and fix the problem. Again - they are really good at fixing their tunnels - use this info to your advantage!
2. NEVER touch this trap with your bare hands! Remember how moles can smell really good? Well if they smell you (or any other weird smell) on this trap they will simply tunnel around it - which will infuriate you. What works for me is I leave the trap outside and only handle it with gloves on. Also - keep a large screwdriver or some other implement to dig with handy that is free of human scent.
3. Check the nuts on the side of the trap to make sure they are not too tight. Mine were way too tight and it took entirely too much force to spring the trap closed. I loosened the nuts probably close to a full turn if not more on both sides. After I did that it was a lot better. This trap is not supposed to have a "hair trigger" otherwise it would go off too easily. So don't wear yourself out trying to make it have a hair trigger.
Setting the Trap:
First off you need to roll your yard flat and wait a little while to see where the active moles are at. It won't take long - 24 hours max.
When you find tunnels - look for nice straight(ish) tunnels - these are their "main corridors" you could say. Don't bother messing around with the tunnels that are going in all different directions or in circles- they may never return to these tunnels - again - only look for nice straight runs to set your trap.
When you find a good place to set the trap do this exactly: 1. Firmly step on about a foot long section of the tunnel and smash it down flat 2. Push the trap into the ground on the spot you just smashed down. 3. Step on the trap to open the jaws apart. 4. While your foot is still on the trap - "rock" it back and forth real good to open up the earth so the jaws don't get bound up - you want the jaws to snap shut really fast. Also put your full weight on the trap to really push it down tight to the ground - you want the trigger pad firmly on top of the ground. 5. About a foot on both sides of the trap on a part of the tunnel that you have NOT smashed down - use the screwdriver to open up a good sized hole...big enough to stick a golf ball in - you want PLENTY of outside air to get into the tunnel! 6. Go get a beer and wait - sometimes within 30 mins you will see the trap spring. Then simply go look at the holes you made - one of them will be fixed - the other will not be. He's dead inside the trap on the side where it got fixed - and that's the last thing he ever did. Go throw him out and re-roll the yard and repeat until you are mole free.
So far my record is 4 moles in 24 hours - 3 of those were inside of 3 hours of each other.
Also - moles will come and take up residence where you've already killed several before so beware of that. Don't think that just cause you got one that you can ignore that area of your yard for awhile - another one will set up shop sometimes within days. It took me a long time to win back my yard. Follow these instructions and be vigilant and you will win the war.
I purchased only one to try out, and in the last 3 weeks I have killed 5 moles. The trap has probably only been active for 7 days during that time. Every time I see a new mound and set the trap along the runs and within a day or so the mole is gone. I decided to write this review after killing #5 last night. I noticed a fresh run right off my porch, I immediately set the trap and went back inside. 3-4 minutes later I noticed the trap had went off. I figured I must have messed up setting it, nope. Over the moon happy with these. I have since bought another just to have on hand and probably sold 20 for WireTek just by telling people at work.
Some quick info:
- Very easy to set. If you need to move it you have to trigger the trap first, that can be difficult. I just drop it on the grass and it usually releases and spring up. Might be a better way, but this works.
- These are sometimes hard to get, I recommend buying at least 2 when they are in stock, especially if you have multiple moles working your yard. This eliminates you constantly wondering if you are on the right run.
So, if you're like me and try to maintain a beautiful yard but are constantly fighting moles, this is you're solution!
2016 Update: After I made a few quick catches at the end of 2015 and stored my traps for the winter, I was having issues with the trap not setting when a mole clearly came up and bumped into the trap. I resolved this issue by spraying all the gears and springs with WD-40 and the traps are working great again.
Pros: Super easy and quick to set.
It actually works and you can see it working.
Death is instant.
Don't have to worry about killing other non-target animals
You can just keep using it over and over again. It crushes their neck, so there is no blood or anything to clean up.
Cons: It takes some strength to open the trap up enough to release the mole. An average person would be fine, but elderly people or someone with arthritis might have trouble.