Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 161 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 179 reviews
on September 21, 2014
As a psychologist working with couples, this is the best book for instruction on just what to do to create a securely attached relationship. That doesn't mean it's easy, though. In spite of that, it provides a view that couples can aspire to when they study other writers' works on how to improve relationships. Read them all!
on March 20, 2012
Stan has knocked one out of the park with his new book, Wired for Love. As a couples therapist, I am always looking for a framework, tools, and ideas to use with clients to help them get their relationship back on track to feeling safe and secure. Stan has laid out the critical characteristics of a healthy couple in an easy to read format, provided clear examples and even exercises to help create what he terms a "couple bubble".

Going deeper than just tools or emotions, he has created a model of a secure relationship that we all want and laid out the map to get there. This one is a must read whether you are working on your relationship or are a therapist helping others.
on August 20, 2016
I'm enjoying this book. My spouse and I are reading it together and it's really interesting way to think of things differently. I think it's well written and easy read for short blocks of time.
on September 12, 2012
This book helped me gain valuable insight into my partner and myself. I like the simple writing style and examination of childhood experiences and how they relate to a relationship with a partner. I also like that the "Islands" and "Waves" are described in a positive, constructive way, offering strengths and challenges that need to be examined. It's a good book for those who are interested in understanding how to create an environment that creates a safety zone for each member of the couple by understanding, pleasing, & relieving their partner from life's stresses.
on August 29, 2017
There are many good suggestions I'm this book and I would recommend it. Still haven't had a chance to implement them, but if my wife finishes the book and we do some, I do think it will help in the long term.
on February 4, 2016
Good read, with excellent tools, exercises and information for couples who want to have an outstanding relationship
on August 12, 2017
excellent book. listening to the book on tape for it now in the car after reading it. have bought a few other copies for my family.
on June 2, 2014
If you had perfect parents and they are still loving each other you might not need this book. Your parents have probably given you all the tools you need to have great love. But many aren't so lucky and need tools and examples as to how it's done. This book really shows you what it takes to make love work for you.
The importance of the "couple bubble' and how it protects the relationship. "Primitives and ambassadors" how we use them to deal with issues and how we should use them to deal with issues.
If you are serous about making the best out of your relationship, you will learn from this book.
on March 3, 2014
The strength of this book is that it provides somewhat of a tangible road map to a successful relationship. Did it answer all my questions? No! Did it help me recognize my growth opportunities? Yes! Is it easy to do? Hell no! I appreciated that it helped me render words to some of the things I knew about relationships, but was never able to verbalize to another. And it just plain makes sense. With lots of reminders and practice, I'm hoping that I'll be able to bring my better self to my primary attachment relationship.
on May 2, 2016
A very practical handbook on improving hour relationship and working through underlying issues caused by attachment styles as s result of injuries in childhood. It's written in relatable language and every chapter is focused on providing information to improve your relationship without the psycho babble - highly recommend!!