Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,442 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,508 reviews
on October 3, 2012
I bought this controller since it was cheaper than everything else, and for the price, it seemed like quite the deal.

Trust me, it wasn't. It arrived on time, but after playing with it for an hour, it started "falling apart." Initially, the left and right triggers felt loose, and could wiggle left and right. They also felt as if they were rubbing up against the slots they were in. The center xbox button stopped glowing, occasionally turning on really fast, just to turn off again. Both thumbsticks were ineffective when pushing in any corner directions (top left/right, bottom left/right) and the left thumbstick would click down, but the "click button" didn't work, and there was no in-game response to clicking it. Lastly, the X button started to fail towards the end of that hour. For such a simple thing, I would expect it to work rather well, with only 1 problem at max. I was very displeased with this product, and I suggest buying directly from Microsoft if you really need a controller. It may be less expensive, but it's nice to have a controller that actually lasts. I'll be returning mine for a refund.
44 comments| 258 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
I purchased this controller for use with Xbox 360 and while it worked well it only lasted 3 weeks. The analog sticks are made from cheap plastic and are quite easy to break. Please save yourself the time and money and buy something else.
on December 5, 2014
The left and right sticks are very stiff. Subtle movement or small increments are virtually impossible. Hopefully over time they will loosen up but I went back to my original controller because minor adjustments to zero in on an object was extremely frustrating. Setting the sensitivity higher was even worse. If the sticks don't loosen up a bit I may never use it again. It feels like your forcing the sticks rather than them being fluid. The left stick is very important in first person shooters as this is your aim. You move it lightly and it doesn't move at all. move it with a little force and you way over shoot the target making you the target.

One huge issue I haven't seen mentioned is that the cord is WAY too short. You have to sit about 6' from your XBOX or it won't reach. Don't waste your time.
on January 26, 2016
A great wired controller, very well constructed, sturdy, and the cord is long enough to be comfortable in my living room (I don't have to bring in a chair or rearrange my furniture to use it). It is very responsive and I have yet to experience any difference between this and my wireless controllers (outside of the benes of wireless of course).

The product(s) arrived on time, as described by Amazon & manufacturer, it was shipped without issue, arrived within prescribed estimates, the packaging was undamaged, and the product itself was unmolested and made with quality materials. Description, photograph, website presentation, and what arrived are the same-size, shape, color, and it matched my expectations.
on July 24, 2015
as soon as i got this item i plugged it in to my laptop pressed the button in the center to turn it on red light comes on then i test it on the 4 games i have that i can use a gamepad with and the red light is the only thing that works but the games dont register it and YES i went into the options of each of the games and made sure to select gamepad mode on all 4 games and it still dont register it the red light under the center button is the only thing that works and when i emailed them wanting my money back they had the audacity to send me "instructions" on how to work it which basically involved this
Dear customer
Please follow the below instruction to set up the controller, this instruction share by one of our customer, He tried and worked successfully.
Please pushed the center button (where the xbox logo would be) and a red light came on. Then the buttons worked the way they are supposed to. If that center button is pressed again, the light goes off and it doesn't work right anymore. The controller isn't recognized as an xbox controller, but with the red light on it will works.
Thanks and best regards

its as if they thought im stupid and not capable of doing this myself since this came from china...... enough said if i could give them a 0 star rating i would
on July 21, 2016
Bought it for my pc, this item that i purchased was lost in delivery, but at that time, i also bought this some item off of another website from the same seller. Although i bought it was the pc, it wasn't compatible. I ended up buying the real xbox controller. I am assuming the controller didn't have the Microsoft drives installed, that's why it wasn't compatible. Although making it compatible is possible, the would reason why i bought it was because, i didn't want to spend time downloading drivers. If i had know, i would of done the installation for my ps3 controller.

Other then that, the controller was just fine. Everything about it was normal. The feeling, the movements and the game-play was all fine. It felt just like a normal x box controller just without the Microsoft driver installed. It also came with this small cd disk which I was a little hesitant to use. It was the size of a psp disc and when i put it in the computer, all that popped up was some sort of Chinese drivers which I didn't even bother to try to install because there were errors.
In the end, i just used it for my x-box.

Yes the product is very cheap, but unless you are willing to spend the extra time to download the drivers into the computer to make the controller compatible, then i wouldn't recommend buying it for the computer. Just buy it for the x box and everything should work fine.
on August 13, 2016
The person selling this is some 16 year old malaysian kid who collects old parts from broken controllers and orders cheap after market parts to "fix" them with, probaly making around 7 bucks a controller... Do not buy this product. I bought it, and yes a month later it came in the mail but right off the bat its packaging was dented and worn, Theres WAS NOT a d-pad on the controller at all (should have taken pics) i opend it any way just curious, i mean it is just 10$ right? so first i plugged it into my xbox 360 and hit the middle button on the controller. Nothing happend. I then turned on my xbox and waited for the main menu to come up, still it did nothing. Not even light up. So then I plugged it into my win 10 (compatible) laptop and pulled up the controller settings after it auto installed the software for the controller, absolutely nothing was happening. You can push the power button on the controller and the only thing is does do is turn on & off the led in there. Any ways i took it apart, the inside looks homemade its scratched circuit board and shoddy soldering, every piece of it is so cheap its practically allready breaking. Any ways heres some pics of this inside. Just trust me dont waste ur money.
review image review image review image
on April 13, 2015
Like many others, I was lured into buying this controller for my PC gaming because of the cheap price. Also like many others, I soon discovered that the price was not the only thing that was cheap.

Besides feeling like a glorified lego, the most apparent flaw with this controller is the analog sticks. I was expecting (and reasonably so) that the analog sticks would be tight and responsive. I was more wrong about that than I was on the last question of my last physics test. The analog sticks are almost as loose as a thief's morals and about as unresponsive. Another disconcerting element is the LB and RB buttons. They are (as unimaginable as this is) even cheaper than the rest of the buttons. In fact, after some use, my LB does not even sit in place any more. It is constantly trying to either fall into the controller or fall out of it, which sucks like a Kansas tornado.

Basically, just fork out the extra money and get a Microsoft controller. Or dish out the extra money. Whatever culinary technique you prefer for your financial handling is quite acceptable. Just don't get this controller.

0/10 - would not recommend
0/10 - would not buy again
on June 16, 2016
For what it does and the price it was worth, it was definitely worth it! The controller feels fairly light thanks to it being a USB corded controller and the weight isn't too heavy on the back. Though where the motor is for the vibration controller feels fairly heavy, I did enjoy it quite a bit. The control responses seems a bit hit and miss, though I think it depends on what games I play with this specific controller, even if I use it in my USB 3.0 port. The response time is about the same in a USB 2.0 port, so I know for certain it is just a USB 2.0 Controller. Not like it bothers me, but it could affect others some in a big way for heavy gaming types. For constant use, I noticed the RB (Right Bumper) stopped clicking. However, the RB is still responsive, so I don't know what caused it. It makes me nervous, but as long as it is working for me, it is perfectly fine. Normally when I used other cheap controllers like the Afterglow brands and this situation happens, it stops working. This one hasn't stopped working at least, so that's a big relief!
on August 26, 2016
I bought this controller planning to gut it and use the PCB to build an arcade fightstick. I knew the buttons were going to be awful, and I can confirm they all were. However, the PCB isn't even worth anything. Plugging it into an xbox does absolutely nothing, and on a PC it isn't read as an Xinput device, just a generic controller.

But it only gets weirder from this point. The left stick acts like digital inputs, effectively mimicking a dpad. And the right stick for some reason presses the ABXY buttons -- and not in the orientation you'd expect. Then it gets even dumber -- the guide button acts like a toggle switch, changing the control scheme. After this the left stick works as expected, but the right stick then controls the Z axes, which should be the triggers. Also the triggers themselves are just digital button inputs, in both schemes.

On top of all that, I had to wait about 6 weeks for this to show up