8bitdo SNES30 Wireless Bluetooth Controller Dual Classic Joystick for IOS / Android Gamepad - PC Mac Linux
|Price:||$34.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- support devices:Android Mac Windows(usb cable only)].We're regularly updating the firmware with new system compatibility like the Nintendo Switch, Raspberry Pi, Retron5 and more.
- Nintendo Switch support. also support wii 360 box Retron5. Retron5 support following mode: NES,SNES, Genesis,Famicom,Game Boy Advance,Super Famicom,Mega Drive,Game boy color,Game boy card.Retron5 mode support 720p HDMI output
- full REFUND or REPLACEMENT service. If you're not satisfied with it,don’t hesitate to contact us, we provide a full REFUND or REPLACEMENT service, we will not ask any question
- support both key control and touch screen games.Programmable keys to easily setup combo key and turbo key.to simulate touch screen games, you need root Android
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Built-in smart CPU, firmware upgradeable for expansion in future
Inherit NES retro design, merge fashion technology elements
Slim portable design, light size
Anytime, anywhere put into your pocket
▲ Dual-mode support: Bluetooth keyboard and touch screen simulation
▲ Support both Bluetooth and USB connection
▲ Compatible with Android and Windows devices and Mac
▲ Classic D-pad and four shoulder-button design
▲ Support steam games on PC
▲ Built-in 480mAh Li-on battery
▲ Firmware upgradable for function expansion in future
▲ exclusive provide dual keyboard code that two SNES30 can connect to one OSX
▲ device support multiplayer. More players, double funny
support devices Android, Windows & Mac OS Examples: Samsung Note2, Galaxy series, Android Pad Windows XP,Windows 7,8,10 Modes:
▲ Android Mode: Support Android games.
▲ PC Mode: Support PC games,like a standard Joystick
▲ Keyboard Mode: Standard Bluetooth keyboard,best compatibility
▲ Emu-Touchschreen mode: Work with 8Bitdo APP,support touch screen games.
Specifications: Connection: Bluetooth wireless, USB cable
1x SNES30 controller
1x Ring Holder
1x USB cable
1x 30 Anniversary Key Chain
Top customer reviews
- Controller looks and feels just like the original SNES
- Battery life seems pretty solid (I charge mine weekly, and have never had it die on my completely)
- Works with Android and Nintendo Switch, which makes it fit perfectly in my life
- I find the buttons feel very authentic
- D-pad doesn't quite nail the original SNES controller feel. At first, mine really favored the down direction - it was much easier to press down than up. I decided to open it up and swap the d-pad cross plastic piece and rubber membrane for one from an original SNES controller. This noticeably helped with that issue. However, it still just doesn't seem to do diagonals quite as well as the originals - which I have since found other people commenting on in various forums (claiming it's due to these having different contact points on the PCB than what nintendo used). Most people, in most games won't even notice this though, so don't let this scare you away from the controller if you're more of a casual gamer or just arent as picky.
- Going back and forth between devices like I do (going back and forth between a Switch, Android tablet, and Android TV) is a mild PITA, and I really wish they just had a switch to toggle between the different modes, rather than using obscure button combinations. Also, the instructions tell you what button combos to press to go into the different modes (i.e. Switch mode, Android/iOS mode, etc), but omit the important detail of making sure the controller is OFF when you hit the combination. Still, a mild complaint.
Also, if you're using this with the Nintendo Switch, just know that you can press a button combo (I think it's down and start) to go to the home menu. As Switch support was added after this controller was produced, this is nowhere to be found in the directions.
If 8Bitdo would release an updated version of these controllers, with better d-pad designs that are more in-line with the original Nintendo hardware, this would easily be a 5 star product. I personally would also like to see one or two additional, remappable buttons added (could be used for turbo modes, mapping emulator fuctions such as savestate/loadstate.
It's easy to set up in Retropie. If it's never been paired, just turn it on and tell RetroPie to look for Bluetooth items. If it's been previously paired but you need to unpair it, turn it on and hold Select, then search with your system to find it.
Mine did have older firmware on it when I got it, but I downloaded the USB software from 8bitdo and followed the directions. Whether you're running older or newer firmware does have an effect on settings in RetroPie, so pay attention. Or just update the firmware and you don't have to mess with anything else.
I wish 8bitdo made a Genesis or Saturn-style controller like this. It'd be perfect for all those Genesis games with 6-button support. As it is, the SNES30 does a decent job, especially on 3-button Genesis games. Grab it. You won't be disappointed.
That being said, I pulled the trigger on the 8bitdo controllers because I wanted to enjoy Mario Kart on my Switch. Also, my wife prefers these over the Switch Pro controller since her hands are smaller. I can honestly say these were a total game changer and work 100% flawlessly. Just check out some YouTube videos and you'll see how easy it is to get up and running.
Because these products are so awesome, I'll definitely grab the pro edition of the controller so that I get the analog sticks and 2 triggers as well.
"To enter pairing mode press and hold START for 2 seconds. The blue LED will rapidly blink."
The LED did slow blinks. An updated manual online I found (by googling the model number + manual) says the START button simply turns the unit on (after 1 second press), you then have to hold SELECT for two seconds. That got me the fast blink I was looking for. I was able to pair the unit then, BUT after pairing, my RP3 said that the unit disconnected itself. Well I come to find out that after pairing, the darn controller shuts itself off. Simply holding START for 1-2 secs gets the slow blink, followed soon after by the solid light indicating connectivity. Success!
Most recent customer reviews
It looks about perfect. It feels and seems well-made. The Bluetooth is fantastic.