Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SOUL Electronics SV3SLV Volt Bluetooth Pro Hi-Definition On-Ear Headphones, Silver (Discontinued by manufacter)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on April 28, 2014
Poor production quality. I received the package today. As always, Amazon packaging is great. I opened up the box and immediately saw both cushion covers were opened right at the seams. Pictures are posted.
review image review image
44 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2014
Unit arrives with the earpiece cushion cover peeling off. Actually, a lot of reviewers have reported the same problem. It looks like a design flow or manufacturing defect, with very thin fringe allotted for glue contact the leathery membrane of the earpiece cushion cover breaks away from the rim. You can clearly see the cushioning foam through the gash(es). As the earpiece gets the most physical friction (putting the headphones on and taking them off), it's most likely that the cover peeling (separating from the rim) will proliferate further with continued use. That's most unfortunate, because the unit itself is great. It looks remarkably good and stylish, feels very comfortable, and has surprisingly satisfactory quality of sound. It works with power on (wireless Bluetooth connection) and power off (via cable for in-line play). Because of the cushion cover problem I've have returned it (to Amazon), but will buy another one just in hope that it will arrive undamaged. Seller does NOT offer a replacement, only return for refund. Kind of weird, eh?
on December 10, 2013
I purchased these headphones because I normally am up and about when listening to music and dislike having a chord bothering me the entire time. These headphones really did the trick.

After using them for a while, there are a few things I want to remark on as these are the best headphones I have every bought!

First, how comfortable they are. I have owned many headphones (all with wires and a lot more expensive) and these are by far the most comfortable ones I have owed. They felt good when I was either jogging or just walking around, my ears felt fine after using them for long periods of time. Never once did they get sore, perfectly comfortable.

Secondly, the sound quality. I was a bit iffy about buying them because I'm very skeptical of Bluetooth, and rarely use it. But I was very surprised how well they worked. The sound quality was great; my music/calls sounded great and clear. I never noticed any disconnects from the Bluetooth.

The design of them is very nice as well, a nice sleek black design and surprisingly lightweight. There is only 3 buttons and one is a multi-usage, one for the power/Bluetooth and volume, and they are not very complicated to set up and use.

Overall my experience with them was very enjoyable, I'd recommend them if you're looking for a good Bluetooth headset. I am going to purchase a few more and give them as Christmas gifts.
99 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2014
Could not resist trying these on as soon as i could, only to find that the foam earpiece covers were already ripping apart, really cheap glue work.

otherwise:
packaging - 5 star
quality of sound - 4.5 star, it can always get better, good mix of lows and highs.
build quality (other than the foam padding) - 4 star
value for money - i got it for $39.77 so 5 star
Ease of use - 5 star, i could get it setup with my computer and phone in less than 5 minutes.

I really liked this headset, but sending it back and ordering another one immediately, hopefully I get a good piece. Will keep you posted.
on January 28, 2016
I saw this guy at my jiu jitsu gym wearing these and I was like "Nice headphones"... and he was like "These cost $20" and I was like "Wait aren't Soul headphones trying to compete against Beats?"... so he told me about the defective ear cushions and that people are selling these for $20 and his fix was using some headphone cushions that you can pick up online to wrap the defects up. Here's the fix: I picked up some 65mm Headset Headphone Earphone Soft Foam Sponge ($2) and these wrap around the damaged ear cushions tightly. You won't really notice that these are damaged or wrapped.

This is my first pair of bluetooth headphones and it's pretty sweet. I can only compare these to a pair of sennheiser, audio technica noise cancelling and DJ headphones, bose OE's, and TMA-1's and these sound pretty good. They really remind me of the Bose OE's, especially the cushions and the fact that these can cancel out some noise. They are fairly comfortable, but they do fit a bit tight, so it does hurt my ears since I wear glasses after about 45 mins of use. Since they do have a tight fit, I think you can work out with these as well. Overall these are great for the current pricepoint.
review image
on April 27, 2014
Got these for $39 on special. For that price they are good. I wouldn't have paid more. Sound: My monoprice earbuds ($10), and brookstone earbuds ($35), sound as good and better respectively. So not impressed with the sound aspect at all. I had the volume up really loud thinking that would help, but parts of the music were blurry..or maybe muddy is the term? I listen to house/dubstep for the main part. Instrumental music sounds okay. Rap sounds just okay. When listening to podcasts the sound is very good. I think the problem is when you have music that is very busy, like dubstep, which has 10 musical things going on at the same time, you can only hear like half of what is going on. The little subtle melodies aren't clear. If you like simple music like acoustic music will be decent.
Wireless:The wireless element is great. Works best in a 15 foot radius. I can't go over my entire small apartment without having my phone in the same room. Already is has made treadmill walking, cleaning the kitchen, vacuuming, and other tasks a whole lot easier not having to protect the chord from water, tangling etc,
Style: Also felt pretty cool wearing them in the gym. The style is perfect for gym goers. Comes with a nice carrying bag.
Comfort:I sometimes get an earache in my right tear, I think from the bluetooth, but I hope that goes away. Physically they are very comfortable and soft. Not too big so you can wear them in a public setting like the gym or even outside without looking out of place. Buy them for the style and portability. Not all types of music will sound great, but the other benefits of the headphones are enough to keep me happy.
on July 15, 2014
I just opened the package and both of the ear piece covers on these headphone are torn away from the seams.... Really not good enough even at this price .... I will have to listen to the sound quality when/ if I get over the poor construction
on May 2, 2014
To keep it simple, these headphone are good for $40. Easily worth the price. They sound and work good.

So if you decide to buy them after reading all the comments about the ear foam starting to tear and expect your pair will be the exemption then that will be a mistake.

Buy these with full understanding that the ear foams are defective and will tear, and that will save you and Amazon time by not asking for a refund two days after purchase.
on April 26, 2014
I really loved the sound. But I had to send back item on first hour of use because the black fabric covering the ear piece was ripped away from the head phone foam piece (might have already been damaged before I used, but wasn't paying attention when I unpacked from box). Wish I didn't have this issue and that is why I give it a 3 star rating. Sound quality was awesome but poor glue or design of ear pads wish the pads were replaceable.
55 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2014
I have had these for about three months now. I was a bit hesitant about these because I read a lot of reviews that said the leather part covering the ear pads came falling off or started falling off soon after arrival. I suppose it could be that I was fortunate enough get some that didn't have that problem. I've also been careful to be gentle with them and so far they don't seem to be on the verge of falling apart. Sound quality is great. I admit it's not the greatest sound out there. I have some Turtle beach gaming headsets that cost around $50 that have better sound, they completely cover your ear and have surround sound capability, but they are wired. For the price on these Soul headsets and wireless feature it's definitely worth it. The Bluetooth connects easily and has good distance. It comes with an Auxiliary cable to listen that way if you don't want to use Bluetooth. Sound quality increases noticeably while connected. The ear pads fold inward for easier storage while not in use. The battery on this thing is amazing. I've only charged it like three times in the three months I've had it, but I also don't use it constantly. Still, for the amount that I do use it its really impressive. It comes with a nice black bag to carry them in although I never use it. If you buy a Bluetooth transmitter you can connect them to your TV and watch without worrying about waking someone up.