- Hardcover: 821 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 3 edition (October 22, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071436863
- ISBN-13: 978-0071436861
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 2.4 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,807,036 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Wireless and Cellular Telecommunications 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
The wireless pioneer William C.Y. Lee, technology leader and author of the #1 book on wireless communications, has now completely updated his classic. This all-new, in-depth engineering guide for both voice and data services, Wi-Fi, 3G, WiMAX, and more, is essential reading for anyone working in this dynamic field.
- On-the-ground engineering coverage of B2G, 3G, B3G, 4G, and all other major systems
- Specifications for AMPS, GSM Family, iDEN, PHS, cdmaOne, WCDMA, HSDPA, CDMA2000, EV-DO, EV-DV, TD-SCDMA, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, etc.
- Antenna specifications for base stations and handsets
- Introduction of new technologies -- CS-OFDM, MIMO, LDPC, Turbo Code, CCK Code, RFID, etc.
- Engineering parameters for portable systems, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, UWB, ZigBee, IR, and more
- Intelligent Cells -- All IP, in-building systems, etc.
- Intelligent Networks -- All IP, ad hoc, mesh, sensor, etc.
- Switches -- Circuit, Packet, ATM, Soft, etc.
INSIDE: INSIGHTFUL, IN-DEPTH ENGINEERING
* Introduction to Wireless Communications * Introduction to Cellular Systems * Specification of Analog Cellular Systems * Specification of Digital Cellular Systems * Specification of Newly Mobile Systems * Specification of WLAN and WMAN Systems * Cell Coverage and Antennas * Cochannel Interference * Types of Noncochannel Interference * Frequency Management and Channel Assignment * Handoffs and Dropped Calls * Operational Technology and Techniques * Switching and Traffic * Data Links and Microwaves * System Evaluations * Intelligent Cell Concept * Intelligent and All-IP Networks * Mobile Communications-Related Topics * 4G Perspectives
About the Author
Dr. William C.Y. Lee is Chairman of LinkAir, Inc., and one of the original pioneers who developed wireless technology at Bell Labs. World-renowned for his development of commercial AMPS and CDMA technologies, Dr. Lee is a technologist, innovator, teacher, and writer. He is a distinguished Alumni of The Ohio State University, Life Fellow of IEEE, and California Council on Science and Technology Fellow. He is an Honorable Professor at three universities: Beijing University of Aeronautics and Aero Astronautics, Southwest JiaoTong University (Chengdu), and Taiwan National Chiao Tung University. He taught 3-day mobile communication courses internationally, sponsored by George Washington University (1982 to 1998), the first cellular and mobile communications courses offered to the industry. He is the author of the previous two editions of this book (then called Mobile and Cellular Telecommunications) as well as four other books.
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more