Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wireless Color Spy Video Camera Complete Package
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on June 27, 2012
I gave it a good shot, I tried with it for several hours to try to make it work properly, but it was to no avail. I used the provided power supplies and wireless adapter that it came with along with every combination of dip-switch settings on the camera and possible position of the knob on the receiver with nothing better than a very irritating noise from the audio and an extremely choppy and unable to be made out image from the video - this was at only 24 feet away with no obstructions. Then I tried even closer (see the posted video) at less than 7 feet with no obstructions and still had a terrible picture and sound. I am an avid technology geek and DIYer and I can usually get anything to work, so if I can't make it do what I want, it will surely disappoint you. I'd advise to all others to find an alternative as I will be doing the same.
1313 comments| 293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2011
Okay, so, as advertised, this package came complete, down to two little mounting screws for the camera.

Camera (mounted to a small stand) with color video and single mic also includes mounting screws, a 9vdc power adapter and a 9v battery adapter.

Receiver includes video out, mono out, tuning knob, antenna, and 9v power adaptor.

Also included is a double male RCA cable to connect receiver to vcr or TV.

I also got a generic 9v battery to test everything out. I set everything up and connected the receiver to a small portable display. I eventually got sound, but no picture. My initial setup was with the 9v battery, and I think it may have been a bit underpowered as I got no video. But once I switched to the power adaptor, the video popped right on.

color, 4:3 aspect, mono sound. All good. I'll update with ranges.
22 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2011
The camera itself works really good, but the problem is that a new 9v battery will be totally dead in 90 minutes. So where ever you may need it, make sure that you have an alternate power source.
on June 2, 2010
Nice system. The only bad thing is this camera's battery only lasts one day. The range is good, but not that far as I thought. The quality is good, but the signal often goes crazy. I would buy it.
on May 20, 2011
"New high power 1.2 GHz technology provides 300 feet range with solid stability"

Deascription states that item is 1.2ghz Item is actually 2.4ghz I bought the 1.2 and 2.4 packages and both were the same item, from the same seller and Fullfilled By Amazon. Same Item, two different Asin's and the other Asin cost less.
on July 10, 2010
I purchased this system for my father, as he was having trouble with a neighbor and didn't feel comfortable leaving his home for long periods of time. The system was very easy to set up and worked pretty well as long as we where there. However, with movement, the signal does bounce all over the place, as it does when going from day to night. Also, the receiver gets very warm, which did surprise me. I don't know that I would trust it without being there for the majority of the time it's running, but it would be great to set up in a backyard to watch over your kids while they play.
on May 25, 2011
I purchased this is a remote camera for a robotics project, and so far the camera looks like it works well. The problem I have is that I did not get the 9V battery plug for the camera, making it usable only with the AC plug, as I want to place this on a mobile platform you can see why I rate down for this. Overall the camera seems good, but keep in mind that it may not have the 9V battery clip.
on February 6, 2012
For the price this is a deal. Bought this to monitor the animals in my barn. The picture and sound are at least 4 times better then more expensive ones I've tried. Lets give this 6 stars. Yeah I know 5 stars max, but they get a extra one for being so easy to set up. The advertised range is 100 meters this one is working great at almost 130 meters, all of this is open land but still a 1/3 better then advertised.
on December 19, 2012
The picture is good, but there is NO audio out on the receiver and no 9v power supply. Also the tuning knob is really a 4 button channel selector. And why did they ship it with 3 nine-volt connectors and no AC adapter? But hey, its amazing it works at all for this price. And the receiver DOES work with a 9-v battery as does the camera. I was able to get a decent picture more than 20 feet away behind a wall, more clear in the center than the edges, as long as it has adequate lighting. I plan to use it for impromptu audience interviews and already have a wireless microphone I can tape this thing to, so it will do for now. Pro-grade wireless cameras or bluetooth streamers sell for 10-x as much, so until prices drop, this is an OK product.
on December 13, 2010
i recieved my camera today. i purchsed mine before i read the reviews and i'm glad i did not. my cameera works perfact. i have none of the problem others are. i'm planning to buy one more