Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 128 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 138 reviews
on June 27, 2012
I gave it a good shot, I tried with it for several hours to try to make it work properly, but it was to no avail. I used the provided power supplies and wireless adapter that it came with along with every combination of dip-switch settings on the camera and possible position of the knob on the receiver with nothing better than a very irritating noise from the audio and an extremely choppy and unable to be made out image from the video - this was at only 24 feet away with no obstructions. Then I tried even closer (see the posted video) at less than 7 feet with no obstructions and still had a terrible picture and sound. I am an avid technology geek and DIYer and I can usually get anything to work, so if I can't make it do what I want, it will surely disappoint you. I'd advise to all others to find an alternative as I will be doing the same.
1313 comments| 297 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2017
I cant believe some of these reviews.For $25 it is a steal!I was using an XM(not serius XM) the old accessory company.This camera is great!The camera has a tiny stand.I can see my two cars that are about 50 feet from a street light.My old XM had a poor unstable Pix.This one is rock solid-in color and almost 100 feet away.I hooked up 2 receivers.That was also great.
Now if we can change the freq of the cameras we could switch from one to the other with the control on the receiver.
The drawback:who makes it and where are they? China I am sure.
You get a camera - a receiver - a cable and two power supplies.
on December 19, 2012
The picture is good, but there is NO audio out on the receiver and no 9v power supply. Also the tuning knob is really a 4 button channel selector. And why did they ship it with 3 nine-volt connectors and no AC adapter? But hey, its amazing it works at all for this price. And the receiver DOES work with a 9-v battery as does the camera. I was able to get a decent picture more than 20 feet away behind a wall, more clear in the center than the edges, as long as it has adequate lighting. I plan to use it for impromptu audience interviews and already have a wireless microphone I can tape this thing to, so it will do for now. Pro-grade wireless cameras or bluetooth streamers sell for 10-x as much, so until prices drop, this is an OK product.
on August 12, 2016
The antenna on the camera has low range signal, so what i did is get some copper wire and wrapped it around the original antenna and extended its signal. Now it gets great distance for sure. Does not have good view on screen during night. With light outside or lamp outside in view during night works great
on September 4, 2013
Great product, works very well, but I wish the distance was a little greater. You pretty much have to have the base unit on the other side of the wall. 20-30 feet max. At 3 feet it's really weak, even without obstructions.
on December 31, 2012
My DVR is in my office with my wireless router. When I turn the camera on, the wireless router stops working. Also, I could not tune in a picture (well, I could, but it was very noisy) and this is with the camera and receiver about 4 feet apart. I tried all 4 channels with identical results.

Also, it seems flakey that you have to "tune" the receiver. It has a tuning knob you have to adjust for a good picture - just like an old analog radio. Does not seem appropriate in our current digital electronics age.

Does not work for me. It is going back. Your milage may very. Good luck.
on December 2, 2016
WELL I CAN'T GET NO ONE TO TELL ME WHAT THE 9 VOLT CONNECTION CLIP IS.
AS I DIDN'T GET ONE BUT NEED ONE.
NO ONE SEAMS TO KNOW WHAT THE 9 VOLT CONNECTION IS
I ORDERED 2.1x5.5mm Male DC Power Plug BUT THAT WANT WORK.
on August 28, 2014
Cool little camera! Bought to put on to my rc truck and drive it from the comfort of my house! Works really well! And very easy set up! The further away you go with it the worse the picture quality but over all a cool little camera. I have it 4 stars just cause of the distance you can go from the reciever. I would recommend buying it if you are wanting it to stay closer to your house. Range will go about 100yrd.
on September 2, 2017
I've had this camera plugged in and running without rest for over one year now. This is a well made product.
on February 6, 2012
For the price this is a deal. Bought this to monitor the animals in my barn. The picture and sound are at least 4 times better then more expensive ones I've tried. Lets give this 6 stars. Yeah I know 5 stars max, but they get a extra one for being so easy to set up. The advertised range is 100 meters this one is working great at almost 130 meters, all of this is open land but still a 1/3 better then advertised.