Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Size: 1-Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,775 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,898 reviews
VINE VOICEon August 29, 2012
The first time I come into the kitchen every morning is to feed the dog and prepare her medications. I have a small piece of counter beside the fridge that is designated for these activities, but it is quite dark. Rather than turn on the overhead lights to illuminate just this little corner seems a waste, so when I found this little motion sensor light at a reduced price on a quick pick or daily deal on the "Today's Deals" page, I decided to give it a try.

Both the Amazon listing and the light's packaging market it as containing "10 Super Bright LED Bulbs", so I expected it to be more than bright enough to light up my little corner. In this, I was disappointed. I use an LED under-counter light strip on the other side of the kitchen and that thing puts off some major light and lights up the whole counter work area. This product, to me, came up short in the kind of light (kind of pale and grayish) and the coverage (just enough to illuminate the front of the counter where I prepare the medications). This product is suggested for closets, but I can't imagine it being bright enough for MY taste in a closet.

The sensor light has a 3-way switch: 1) constant on; 2) auto (motion sensor); and 3) constant off. All 3 of these functions did what they were supposed to do. I was especially impressed with the motion sensor capability for such an inexpensive product. I put the light on the side of the fridge so that it shines toward the part of the counter I use for the dog's food and meds. Even though I am entering the kitchen from BEHIND the light's position, it still senses my approach; in other words, I don't have to be standing directly in front of it for it to sense motion and turn on.

It is important to distinguish this MOTION sensing light from a LIGHT sensing light (i.e., a nightlight). The downside of leaving this light in auto mode is that it senses your motion whether light is needed or not; i.e., the kitchen could be blazing with light from the overhead lights or a sunny day and the light will still turn on when you walk past it because its function is to sense motion, not light. You could, of course, manually turn it off every day, but then you'd have to remember to turn it back to auto every evening for it to be of use.

This is a battery-operated device so no wiring is needed. You can put it wherever you want. It requires 3 AA batteries which are NOT included.

This product is made in China and is relatively cheap-looking (but then at this price, what would one expect?). It can be hung with the provided velcro/sticky tabs or by a small nail in the provided hole. I can't speak for how damaging the sticky tabs are to paint as I didn't want to risk it so I put the sticky on the side of my fridge. The nice thing about the sticky tabs is if you DO choose to move the switch to off every day, the switch is very accessible via the velcro/sticky tabs and the light is easy to put back on its "base."
review image review image
22 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2016
Meh, not very excited about these. I was looking for a light to put under my cabinets. These just didn't excite me. They didn't feel very sturdy (they're plastic and inexpensive - I need to be realistic), and I had no desire to stick or screw these to my cabinets to see how they worked. Instead, I went with an LED system that plugged into my microwave outlet above the stove. This just wasn't what I wanted/needed.
on January 14, 2015
I'm using it as an under cupboard light. It's great that I only have a light on when I need it. There are 2 things I don't like. The first is that this light has no day sensor so it goes on all day long, regardless of light levels. This puts extra wear on the batteries which then have to be replaced more often. I guess that's what you should expect for the price. I use rechargeable batteries so it's not like I'm throwing a lot of batteries away. The second issue is that the battery cover doesn't hold well. The Velcro that holds the light up is attached to the battery cover. When I have to replace the batteries, the cover lets loose before the Velcro. It also comes off once in awhile when positioning the light while re-hanging. Just a minor aggravation but it's magnified by the frequency of battery replacement. I like this light enough to consider buying a couple more for other uses.
on January 14, 2017
I purchased this a year ago or so. And the only problem I have is that it goes on even though it's light out. So because of that I go through a lot of batteries. Actually right now I'm looking for something better and I happen to see this so I placed review. As you can see in pic it is on even though sitting in lit room. Batteries are almost dead so I need to replace them right now. The light is bright and good for walking in from outside into our garage.
review image
on August 16, 2013
I received this item at the beginning of June 2013 and it was super bright and love it for our kitchen as it is very dark at night and I hate to leave a light on just for midnight water runs or for moving around in the early am. I was very impressed by the light it gives off and the ease of use plus it is totally portable. It is now mid August and the motion sensor has stopped working all together and the lights are very dim. I have tried replacing the batteries but I guess thats what I get for paying so little and expecting so much. I would not buy this item again :( I give it two stars for the concept and that I can still use it as a dim light if the lights go out.
on June 13, 2017
I bought two of these a couple years ago, it seems, and 1 has recently failed. I mounted them in a built in pantry in the kitchen and they are perfect to send light to the shadows. I'm not buying 3 more, 1 to replace the one in the pantry, and two to put in my Little Free Library.

I mounted them upside down with Velcro and have had little problem with them staying mounted.
on December 3, 2012
I cheat with this one on Mr.Beams and I pay for that, I would be happy with this set if there was DAY OFF AUTOMATIC SWITCH, there is not it will getting on or off all day and night until you set it off manually , not what I was expected or was described , it is still good for the dark places as closed or other where is not sun light but on the porch or other places where you have day light it will suck the battery very quickly it have 10 LED but the power of light is as much as 1 of Mr.Beams as I own both , the light is cold white almost bluish and unnatural , but hey I pay for my curiosity .. well that was the last time for sure .. If the page statement said that you need to switch it OFF at a day time manually I would never purchase it for sure.

Update : I mounted the light inside my mini fridge , it works and enough light to see at night when I pick up something .. and for that is just perfect , we see how long it will last and if the cold temperature will behind the functionality ;)
on July 6, 2015
I purchased two of these lights in order to hi-light a Wood model of the US Constellation warship that my Dad took 3 years to build (off and on as he was in his late 80's when he completed it) The model is 3 foot long by approximately t 20" tall
These lights were placed on each side of the inside doorway leading to my basement. The model is placed on the wall directly ahead leading to the basement. The lights really do work for what I wanted them to do. I would have given this product a "5" , but one of the lights only comes on if I place my hand directly in front of the light... so I question whether this light has the peripheral capability that was advertized. This model is mounted 11 feet away from the first step as I walk down to the basement, so I am more than happy with the overall coverage ability of the lights. I used a nail for each to provide a mount for the lights. My lights go to the "off" mode in about 30 seconds once they come on. I do think this product would be great for a hallway night light. I do not think this product would be good for lighting up a basement stairway (not bright enough.) However, that being said I am very pleased for what my intentions were and I would recommend this product.
on October 15, 2013
We put this inexpensive light near the front door of our house. It turns on when we get home, with a range of about 15 feet, and we can see our keys and security controls. There is no need to leave an electric light on. Sometimes, a porch light left on is a good signal for burglar types that you are not at home. This wireless device greets you with a decent amount of light, and it turns itself off 30 seconds after no more motion is sensed. Installation consists of nothing more than inserting batteries and hanging the light on an appropriately placed screw or nail. If visitors arrive, it provides a light to see who they are.
on May 4, 2013
Ok lots of light for such a little light LOL. It brightens 1/2 the closet to good, and the rest ok, but for $6.00 its great. Installs with one screw with no muss or fuss. If your putting it in a plaster wall, you will need an anchor.
If you need the top and bottom lit well, buy two, they're cheap. Lights instantly and goes out in 30 sec. with no activity.

I paid $18 for a look alike in a hardware store and it was much harder to mount and gave just as much light as this one. It also takes 2 minutes to turn off with no activity, now what's up with that. It also required 3 "C" batteries instead of 3 "AA".
Why do the battery packages come in four and the products only need three? Like hot dog packaging to bun packaging they got you "buy" the battery.
Well buy three of these and two packages of batteries, ha. I' m always thinking :(