Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Wireless Stereo Headset - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 29% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Wireless Stereo Headset - Playstation 3
|Price:||$99.99 + $3.99 shipping|
- 7.1 virtual surround sound enables you to hear the enemy before they see you
- Easily access headset Volume and Mic Mute controls. Retractable microphone for use only when you need it
- Crystal clear conversations to strategize with teammates. Stay informed with exclusive on-screen headset status updates
- Built-in rechargeable battery delivers seven hours usage on a single charge. Enjoy your Wireless Stereo Headset on your PC or Mac
- Enjoy hi-fidelity sound while watching your favorite movie. Breathable oversized earpads allow for hours of comfortable gameplay
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
I struggled at first to determine what I thought about the product. What I ultimately concluded was that for convenience and ease of use alone, this is a worthwhile product that is close to the correct price point. I locked in when the preorder price was $65 here on amazon, so I am definitely satisfied with the value. $100 may have been close to the high point, but I still think it is a decent value for what you get here. Here is the breakdown:
- The virtual surround is not going to blow you away. Like others have pointed out, it makes the low end sound a little thin, and some realism is lost in the process. I have a difficult time determining which I prefer, stereo or virtual surround. For sports games, I prefer stereo. For shooters, virtual surround does offer a little bit of directional recognition, so it is useful, but again, nothing impressive.
- I am a borderline audiophile. I have spent upwards of $500 on headphones before, and have considered the purchase completely worth it for the fidelity provided. My current favorite is the Shure SE 535: [...]
I would say that high end headphones have spoiled me to the point that I could never consider this sony product as exceptional sounding. It is not. I can't really listen to this product at high volumes without getting ear fatigue very quickly and noticing the sound signature short comings.Read more ›
|Length: 5:01 Mins|
Works for both your PS3 and PC though you will have some trouble on the PC as you can't boost the mic gain but the sound works great. When turning on the 7.1 audio is seems like you get more treble and less bass.
7.1 and 5.1 only works with the PS3 and only works with games at the moment. Movies and music are a miss. PC users can only use 2.0 stereo.
The headset is very light and snugs well around the head for long periods of time. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone looking for a great wireless headset with less wires.
Now to be fair, I am not an audiophile, I don't have a home theater set up, and have never used a headset before, so this is all new to me, and perhaps those who do have all of that stuff will scoff. But, if you're like me, just a guy who enjoys games but doesn't want to disturb his wife and kids, read on.
First, the negative (let's get that out of the way): The headset is bulky, it is plasticy and doesn't feel like excellent build quality, the extendable mic does feel a bit flimsy (I am a bit concerned how this will hold up over time), and the blue light on the mic can be distracting to some, but it wasn't a big deal for me (note, I only noticed this when the mic was in the extended position). That's it. There is nothing else I can think of that would fall under the negative column for this headset.
Now for the positives:
1) Extremely Comfortable. The pads are very soft and cushiony and the over-ear design fit like a soft glove. Also, probably due to the use of plastic on the set, while somewhat big and bulky, it is extremely lightweight. I had no problems after 3-4 hours and did not get hot-ear or experience any discomfort.
2) Ease of Use. It's a no-brainer to set up. It is just plug and play. Controls are easy to find and use during gameplay. Push the upper left side to mute the mic, push it again to un-mute. Sliders on the front and back on the left side for volume and voice/sound control. Pull out the mic for chat, push it back in for the single player campaign. Easy as pie.
3) Sound.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you have "larger ears" than usual, the headset wears on you after an hour or so.Published 3 days ago by Eugene Humphrey
These broke almost immediately and I had to throw them away. Also, if you lose the little USB that connects the headphones to the computer, you are screwed and have to buy a whole... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Lara G. Banker
Overall this is a quality product. The sound is excellent w/or w/o surround sound enabled (but it naturally sounds better with it), and the microphone provides very clear audio. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Marc Duncan
This did not connect to dongle. Great communication with company for return.Published 1 month ago by Mark
No stars. Total dud. Won't even show plugged in indicator light after resetting and trying 3 different usb ports and 2 different usb cables. Do not buy from this person ever.Published 2 months ago by Veronica
Functionality is great, can turn down voice and game volume separately and voice is clear. Just after a long wear it can be uncomfortable and the platsic feel of the set isn't that... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Mylon Frett
I like this product because it looked as good as described and had all accessoriesPublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer