- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B07C1H3PH6
- Average Customer Review: 3,838 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#88 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- #1 in Camping Hammocks
Wise Owl Outfitters Hammock Camping Double & Single with Tree Straps - USA Based Hammocks Brand Gear, Indoor Outdoor Backpacking Survival & Travel, Portable
- 🌲GET OUTDOORS WITH THE PERFECT HAMMOCK SETUP🌲
- UNLIKE OTHER HAMMOCKS ours are made of high quality heavy duty 210T parachute nylon (the same kind skydivers use!) This extra soft yet super strong material gives you the most comfortable and relaxing experience ever.
- RELAX IMMEDIATELY W/SUPER FAST & EASY SET UP: Tree straps & carabiners are included w/this hammock making set up a breeze. No need to tie any knots. The hammock straps are 9 ft long (not 2 ft like others) and come with 5 separate loops so you can adjust your hammock to the perfect height and comfort level. You can attach them to anything sturdy, like trees and get to relaxing in just one minute! It’s that fast.
- WE WON'T EMPTY YOUR WALLET FOR ESSENTIALS! We love the outdoors just like you and we know that the cost of gear can really add up, therefore, we offer the same quality products as other well-known brands for a much more affordable price. Trust us, our gear is just as good! It's also a great multifunctional inexpensive gift for your mom, dad, sister, girlfriend, boyfriend, son, daughter or even the dog :)
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT - So you can take them anywhere. The SingleOwl (1 person) is 9ft long by 4 1/2 ft wide, weighs 16 oz. and packs down to about the size of a grapefruit. Want a bigger one? Check out our DoubleOwl (2 people) that is 10ft long by 6 1/2 ft wide, weighs only 26 oz. and is about the size of an eggplant so you can just throw it in your backpack and go.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - So you don’t have to wonder if you are risking your hard-earned money. If you don’t love it just let us know. We take great pride in taking care of our awesome customers. Don’t take our word for it… just look at our reviews.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
We are Wise Owl Outfitters
Years ago we set out to make an awesome, high quality hammock at an affordable cost. Since our first hammock, we have expanded our product line to include many useful and eye-catching products under the Wise Owl brand.
We believe that spending time in the outdoors enhances people lives, whether it’s a grueling backpacking trip, a short weekend hike or an extended family campout. The gear that you take with you and use, can make all the difference whether or not your trip is enjoyable. Make no mistake; our products our very well made and are of the same quality as some of those much higher cost brands.
Located just outside of Nashville, Tennessee we spend as much time as we can outside with our family and friends. We are always working to offer quality and affordability and to improve in any way possible. We personally test each and every product we offer, and wouldn’t sell anything that we ourselves wouldn’t use personally. Building a great brand is not a sprint, it’s a marathon.
When you buy from Wise Owl Outfitters you are supporting a family run company with a USA Based team. Our incredible team is made up of many wonderful people from all walks of life located all over the US. We take great pride in being a US company, striving every day to improve our design, technology and processes.
We hope that our products inspire you to get out in nature and enjoy our beautiful world.
What You Want To Know & Right To The Point - SingleOwl & DoubleOwl Hammocks
Superior Quality at an Affordable Cost
Whether you want to lay alone in a single or snuggle up or spread out in a Double, we have the hammocks that will meet all of your needs. There is a reason we are the most reviewed hammock on Amazon!
Features & Specs
- ✔ 210T Parachute Nylon With Triple Interlocking Stitching
- ✔ SingleOwl is 9ft Long x 4.5ft Wide
- ✔ Single Weighs 16oz
- ✔ DoubleOwl 10ft Long x 6.5ft Wide
- ✔ Double Weighs 26oz
- ✔ Attached Carry Bag
- ✔ 2 - 9ft Tree Straps (5 loops on each) Are Included
- ✔ 2 - D Shaped Steel Carabiners
- ✔ Packs Down Small: Single 4" x 5", Double 5 x 6 1/2"
USA Based Brand for Superior Support and Care
Unlike most Amazon sellers, we are headquartered in the beautiful United States of America. We are based in Nashville, TN and design all our products here. This allows us to provide the best service possible to our customers so you can rest easy knowing we will take care of you time after time.
- Designed in USA
- USA Based Support Team
- Family Owned Company
- Supporting US Families
- Easy to Talk to & Communicate With
- Superior Quality Control
- Confidence in High Quality Products
***CHECK OUT OUR OTHER AWESOME PRODUCTS BELOW THAT THAT WILL GO PERFECTLY WITH YOUR HAMMOCK***
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
3,838 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 3,838 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Before moving forward there are two things that should be kept in mind 1.) this is my first single hammock 2.) I've only had the hammock for a few weeks so my time with it is limited. I do however have a Grand Trunk double ($70) that I've had for nearly a year now that i'll be comparing to the Wise Owl ($26). My friends also have ENO's, so i'm familiar with them as well.
BUILD QUALITY: 5/5 : The stitching is superb, no fraying, no popped stitches, no corners were cut when constructing this hammock. The colors are also top notch, true to the pictures that are posted here on amazon. If anything the hammock colors may actually look better in person. When compared to my Grand Trunk (GT) it's hard to say which is built better, due to the relative newness of the Wise Owl (WO). That said, when my GT first arrived their was some fraying at each end of the parachute where the material ends and meets the exposed cords. It should be noted that the fraying has not hindered the strength of the GT. I've taken it backpacking in Colorado and Michigan and allowed my younger cousins an nephew play around in it and the GT still doesn't even have so much as a snag or run in the material, but at a $70 price tag I would expect better craftsmanship out of the box. The cheaper WO is cosmetically perfect and therefore wins as far as aesthetics, and my hanging experience with it so far indicates that the WO is just as strong and durable as the GT. (for strength perspective, i've had a total of 340lbs in the GT with no issue, and i've had appox. 250lbs in the WO with 20mph winds and 30mph gust and the hammock remained solid despite the sway).
COMFORT: 3/5 : OK my size DEFINITELY comes into play here. I'm a 6'4" 210lbs male and width wise it was noticeably cramp. The material of the hammock is exactly what you'd expect from other mid-ranged ($50-$80) hammocks, but this WO hammock only costs a mere $26 so you're getting quality material at literally a 1/2 or 1/3 of the cost. The material is soft, comfy, and breathable. And I can hear it now "yeah, but is it as soft and comfy as my ENO"? To you I say, yes, the material was just as comfy as an ENO. In fact, 3 sorority girls who were stacked 3 ENO's high right next to me all agreed that they were mad that they bought their ENO's after I asked each of them to try mine so I could have their opinion. They weren't mad because their ENO was uncomfortable, but because you can get the same level of comfort for half the price. Now for the reason I took off a star and rated the comfort a 3 -- for someone my size the 4"6" width just doesn't cut it, my shoulders were being forced inwards towards my chest in nearly every position i laid in, which really ruins the experience for me. My GT double obviously had none of these space issue but it's not really fair to compare the two. The WO double has the same dimensions as the GT double so I can assume it would be just as luxurious.
PRICE: 5/5 : Are there other hammocks that are cheaper? Yeah. Are the other cheaper brands quality just as good? It's hard to say, I haven't seen or used their products. What I will say is that I have found no other company that offers such a high quality product with such a wide variety of color options at the price point that Wise Owl is at. For this reason I don't see any reason to buy any other brand.
OVERALL : for me 4/5 : for the average person 5/5 : If you're in the market for a double, don't hesitate and buy a Wise Owl double. I know I will when I'm in the market for a new double. If you're a girl, or a guy who is under 6'2" and/or under 180lbs then the single will probably work fine for you. If you're around my size and need a single then, and I hate to do this Wise Owl, but I'm going to recommend the Grand Trunk single. Yes, the GT single is more expensive, but you get 6 extra inches of width which for me is worth it. Wise Owl, if you're reading this, PLEASE make a single XL that gives an extra 6 inches or foot of width, make it 30 or 35 dollars and i would buy it in a heartbeat.
The ease of setting up was my favorite part. I got to the campground at 1am with limited lighting and all in all my hammock, bug net and rain tarp were up in less than 15mins. And that without ever having tried the whole set up before. The rain tarp did an awesome job keeping everything dry during a day time shower. I have not yet had a rainy night to try it out. The bug net is an absolute life saver. And I believe that because of the layers, mosquitoes can't bite through the bottom or side of the set up. When first looking at a hammock I wanted to make sure I get everything from one company. Wise Owl really impressed me with their variety of products, their continuous drive to improve and the great quality of what they offer.
Next I want to see if the lightweight hammock matches durability and comfort as I am all for carrying less weight on these weekend trips. Happy camping y'all!
The straps are a fabulous idea. I'd never used them before, but they were great. They make it very easy to fine tune the tension and length of the hammock set up.